collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beware Ebay member xvxmichiexvx & MLPTP member Michie  (Read 8366 times)

RedheadedBeauty

• Trade Count: (0)
Beware Ebay member xvxmichiexvx & MLPTP member Michie
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:40:59 PM »
Her MLPTP id is http://www.mlptp.net/forums/members/michie.html Michie

Okay so I've got yet another ebay problem. Yay for my wonderful luck lately. It's almost enough to make me want to run screaming. Okay enough of that on to the problem.

I saw a few auctions on ebay that I was interested in all from the same seller. Seller claimed they combined shipping on their listings but I emailed then to ask and make sure and they said they did. Okay so I ended up winning a few auctions, 6 in total from May 17- 20 2012. Asked for a combined shipping total. We are both in the US. Shipping came to $20  :shocked: What??? Sent email asking why so high and this is what I got in response.

May-21-12 08:48 AM
Dear redheaded.beauty,

I'm going to need your payment for your item in the next 24 hours. Please let me know if this is a problem, I'd like to ship your item to you ASAP.

- xvxmichiexvx

Didn't reply to that one because they sent this one right after. Plus I'd already asked for an invoice total.

May-21-12 09:03 AM
     Dear redheaded.beauty,

forget my last email lol I didnt realize you had all these other things.  I'd be happy to combine the shipping for you.
I will send you an invoice shortly

- xvxmichiexvx

Guess they got my invoice because they updated the shipping to $20 combined. After seeing they I asked why it was so high.

May-21-12 13:58:39 PDT

Dear xvxmichiexvx,

Hi I'm not trying to be rude but I saw the combined shipping total and I'm a bit confused as to why it's so high.

- redheaded.beauty

May-21-12 14:08:55 PDT

Dear redheaded.beauty,

also by themselves I send them in an envelope, boxs are a lot more bc of weight and pricing, I still took off $5

- xvxmichiexvx

May-21-12 14:14:45 PDT

Dear xvxmichiexvx,

I checked the weight on that amount of ponies 5 adult and 1 baby and your amount is over double what it would coast to ship 6 ponies I think that's a bit excessive not to mention at that weight the cost the same to send in a padded envelop as they do a box.

- redheaded.beauty

May-21-12 14:18:30 PDT

Dear redheaded.beauty,

its not the same amount to send a box an envelope. so I don't know where you are gettin your information from.
I also noticed a few of your bids were placed seconds before the item ends.
also, payment is due within 3 days and some of your items were over 3 days after winning bid so I'm already letting some things go.

- xvxmichiexvx

May-21-12 14:24:57 PDT

Dear xvxmichiexvx,

And I talked to you first and asked about combined shipping which you claim you do. I used ebay's shipping calculator as well as the usps shipping calculator. Both showed at that weight it could be sent at the same rate. I don't understand what time I enter a bid has to do with anything. I bid won the item asked for a combined shipping quote so I could pay and now you want to charge me more so you get more money per item? That's against ebay policy. Actual shipping cost is what you can charge not what you feel you should have gotten for each item before shipping was factored in. I'm trying to be reasonable but you choose to start those items at 99 cents so that was the lowest you'd take for them. You got that or more on the items.

- redheaded.beauty
May-21-12 02:46 PM
                  Dear redheaded.beauty,

Letting you pay after 3 days was the 1st time I have ever let that slide, and now you have ruined it for everyone else. 
My listings also say 'discounted' shipping and not combined, therefor it is at the seller's discretion on how much you save on shipping, in this case you save over $5, therefor nothing I have said or done is against any policy.  You are also forgetting - I am now throwing these items in a box and shipping them out the door.  Cost of ink, paper, tape, glue, bubble wrap, and the cost of cleaning up the items before I send them out are not monies you are factoring in.
I'm not going to go back and forth with you about this anymore.

- xvxmichiexvx

At that point I contacted ebay. They reported the member. The woman I talked to was laughing at the messages. She told me to contact her once more and try to get the shipping straightened out. Said if we couldn't they would take any unpaid item off my history but still. I wanted the ponies. Now I'm kind of scared to get them. Who knows what might happen. I have perfect feedback and don't want it harmed but this is really ridicules. I can't pay that shipping it's like admitting I'm wrong which I'm not dang it. I looked it up it's all over ebay that excessive shipping charge is against their policy. Here's my last message to them. No response as of yet.

May-21-12 04:00 PM

Dear xvxmichiexvx,

From your listing page

53.gif45.gif46.gif

Please feel free to look at my other pony items!  Some of my items are free shipping and some are not, so I do offer combine shipping.
If you are not from the USA please email me so and we can see how much international costs are.

Please email me if you have any questions :)

Also ebay's policy is 4 days before you can open a case.

I would like to continue this transaction but in a fair manor. Your shipping is excessively over charged which is against ebay policy. Ebay's shipping calculator shows this to be the correct shipping cost.

USPS Priority MailĀ®    $7.26
   Estimated delivery 2-3 days

If you would please change the shipping to the correct postage it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you. 

- redheaded.beauty

edit-

In the time it took me to post this I received a response to my last message

May-21-12 04:35 PM
          Dear redheaded.beauty,

I need monies to go towards ink, paper, bubble wrap, time it takes to put them together, cleaning agents, ect... so it costs more than just combine shipping, hence shipping discount.

- xvxmichiexvx

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:41:48 PM by RedheadedBeauty »

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Excessive Shipping Charges
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:20:21 PM »
Ugh I had a similar problem a couple months ago, unfortunately I didn't realize the overcharge in my case until the items were sent to me. I did report the seller but wasn't able to get a refund. I don't know what some of these people are thinking. $20-7.26 = $12.74. This person is paying herself above minimum wage to pack a single box, and now wants to claim it's for ink and cleaning supplies? Right. It costs like 5 cents to print a piece of paper. Soap we'll say is $3. Bubble wrap is free if this person is smart enough to recycle, and if not it still works out to something like 10 cents a sheet if you buy a roll. This does not add up to $12.74 for ONE customer and it's insulting that she thinks you aren't smart enough to realize it. It's a good thing you already talked to an eBay rep and got assurances that it won't damage your user reputation if you don't pay, because it sounds like this person isn't going to budge on her horrible math.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »
Sorry to hear you had to deal with such an issue. It is insulting when they act as if you're the one with the problem because you don't want to pay such an extreme amount in shipping. Waht I can't get over was the comment about 'I choose to combined shipping so I can charge whatever I want." Nope, not how it works. I can understand a bit off on shipping but almost $13 dollars? I could use that to buy allot more ponies!

Here's the latest message. I haven't replied to her last two.

May-21-12 04:43 PM
Dear redheaded.beauty,

not to mention box cost as well
and not all your winning bids have combine shipping, most are discounted

- xvxmichiexvx

Um boxes are free if you know where to get them. Anyone who has ever moved knows this.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »
Maybe they are using Priority Shipping?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:02:58 PM »
Nope says first class but priority is still only $7.26 and it's shipping inside the US. Not to mention it's not just shipping they're charging me for all types of things plus cleaning the ponies before shipping, the fact that I bid at the last minute, and the selling price was apparently lower than they wanted. It ebay if you want that price either start it that price or put a buy it now don't charge the buyer more because you didn't get what you wanted.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:15:06 PM by RedheadedBeauty »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 07:02:31 PM »
:crazy:  that does sound like excessive shipping costs, and I dont think ink, paper etc would add up to that amount :whoa:   You already contacted ebay about her (which is what i would have done too) , so if you want to back out and have done with this, then its going to be ok. She cannot leave bad feedback for you ;)  If you still want your ponies, unfortunately this person isnt going to budge on the shipping price, so you will have to pay up  (obviously if she doesnt send the ponies then open a case on her) , but then leave appropriate feedback and comments later. You'll be able to see exactly how much the shipping costs are when you receive the box  :awake:
I'm sorry you are having to deal with this stress :hug:  please let us know what you decide to do

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:09 PM »
If they wanted to charge a handling fee to include the cost of packaging supplies they easily could have. But adding it into the shipping fees is not appropriate because it gives the buyer a misleading estimation of the costs. It's true that sending a box rather than an envelope can be more expensive if you use an oversized box with tricky dimensions. But surely not that much. I think you are right I think they are just trying to pull a fast one. I do hope it gets worked out quickly in your favor and the ponies arrive safely and well packaged.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
I don't understand this at all!  As a seller, I ask enough for my items themselves to cover paypal fees, and shipping materials (which comes out to $1-2 at most), and then I charge exact shipping cost.  I don't get it when people try to add gas, soap, tape and everything else on top.  Those are your expenses for selling, so just factor them into the items themselves and be happy with it.  Ok, rant over.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this jerk!

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »
Ug, I'm dealing with something similar. Shipping was $7.00 for a flutter. I figured for that, I'd at least get a box. nope, they payed $1.61 for an envelope. I've email them with no responce.

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 08:19:30 PM »
Ug, I'm dealing with something similar. Shipping was $7.00 for a flutter. I figured for that, I'd at least get a box. nope, they payed $1.61 for an envelope. I've email them with no responce.

*hugs* I had that happen recently too. Paid $5 for shipping on a mib g3 figured I'd get a box nope pony was wrapped in brown paper.  Seller said it was fine since the box wasn't mint to start with. I'm sorry not mint and completely destroyed are to different things which was what happened when I finally got the pony. It cost them $2 to ship the pony that way. Thanks allot! *gurr*

Thanks Ringlets I didn't know she couldn't leave me bad feedback. That's very helpful to know. I've been worried they were going to mess up my perfect feedback.

I don't know what is up with ebay sellers but I'm about to be done with sellers who don't have a ton of positive feedback. These new sellers are just horrible.

I understand a dollar or two for handling even packing materials but a list it in your auction, b let a person know when they ask about combined shipping and c don't try and charge one person for all of your packing material. I mean really for $13 I can get some packing material together. I just always factored that stuff into a cost of doing business category.

It's not even just the packing material they're trying to charge for I feel like I'm being charged more because they didn't get what they wanted for the ponies themselves.

Dear redheaded.beauty,

I have to factor in boxing and packaging. you are getting a great deal with each pony being less than 5 each so I'm barely breaking even

- xvxmichiexvx

Dear redheaded.beauty,

its not the same amount to send a box an envelope. so I don't know where you are gettin your information from.
I also noticed a few of your bids were placed seconds before the item ends.
also, payment is due within 3 days and some of your items were over 3 days after winning bid so I'm already letting some things go.

- xvxmichiexvx

And comments like that. What does me putting in a last minute bid have to do with anything? And the three day things we'd already discussed that I was looking to buy more than 1 I won the first on on the 17 and the last on the 20th requested combined shipping afterwards that's 3 days yes but three days and someone is trying to pay for the items they are trying to buy. Ebay doesn't even let you open a case until the 4th day so whats the big deal? If it was a week I'd understand but 3 days when you know they are looking to buy more I think you're being a bit unreasonable but maybe that's just me.

Offline DemonicSymphony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »
Excessive shipping and handling fees are against Ebay policy, period. Hope this gets straightened out for you!
I rescue unwanted plushies. PM me for details!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 05:02:36 AM »
Im so sorry you have to deal with this :hug: So unfair!!!
I don't live in the US so don't know too much about shipping costs there, but if im right the real shipping was $7ish and you needed to pay $20?!!! That more than twice as much!!!  :hmm:

How on eart does tape, bubble thingie etc need to cost $13? Its not like you use a WHOLE role of tape or something. And cleaning stuff?! Why do they charge you for that??!! Such a lame excuse for asking more money.

Oh, you bidding in the last minute on these items... :lmao: What does that have to do with anything?! That almost makes me laugh! I think i need to remember that one: if you bid last minute it costs extra. New Ebay rule i suppose..  :nuts:

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
Oh, you bidding in the last minute on these items... :lmao: What does that have to do with anything?! That almost makes me laugh! I think i need to remember that one: if you bid last minute it costs extra. New Ebay rule i suppose..  :nuts:

That made me laugh thank you. I needed to smile.

Dear redheaded.beauty,

ok so,
it is the sellers discretion to discount shipping for multiple items.
I'm under no obligation to charge you the price that you want for shipping.
If you are not willing to meet the shipping AND handling responsibilities then I will have no other choice to relist my items. I have already called eBay by phone about this.
I will give you another 24 hours for payment.

- xvxmichiexvx

Umm if you say you combined shipping than do it. Not that hard. I'm not stupid I know if I'd paid for them separately they would have still ended up in the same package so why not just start like this. I couldn't help myself I had to respond to this one.

Dear xvxmichiexvx,

And what did you tell ebay? Did you list all the reasons you were excessively over charging on shipping for? Did you tell them you were charging more on shipping because you felt you didn't receive a high enough bid on the item? Did you talk them you're charging for cleaning the items as well as ink, paper, bubble wrap, time it takes to put them together, cleaning agents. Because I'm sure if you listed all of that out they would have politely pointed out that you cannot excessively overcharge on shipping for such things since it is against their policy. Also in you listing it mentions only shipping not handling which you are suppose to disclose. You as the seller are required under ebay's rules to charge a fair shipping price the actual shipping price of and item and a reasonable handling fee if you disclose that you charge one. Please take the time to read ebay's policies and understand that what you are doing is in fact against their policies.

- redheaded.beauty

Dear redheaded.beauty,

I told them everything I told you and if you don't pay you won't be able to buy from eBay for a set amount of time.

- xvxmichiexvx

Well they opened an unpaid report on me. I hate that. I've only had one item like that happen before and it was because they listed the wrong item and we were trying to work it out. That transaction was canceled when that person realized they had in fact listed the wrong item.

*gurr* I'm so mad but I did kind of get a kick out of them saying they told ebay everything thing. Really? I so highly doubt that since ebay was laughing about their reasons and charges yesterday while reading those emails that say everything.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »
Call Ebay back and see what you need to do next. Point out all the stuff they are trying to charge you for, especially any paypal and ebay fees, which according to Ebay TOS, they cannot do. Don't forget to include the part about not getting what they wanted for it and in your corspondence with the seller, don't mention leaving bad feedback. I recently had a lot of 59 ponies shipped to me for $20, so they're just trying to milk you for every penny.

Oh, and my seller finally responded, refunding me $2.00.

Here was her message:
Shipping charges are estimated to the best of my ability. I have no idea who's going to win an auction, and it costs different amounts to ship different places. Even though I was able to ship it for less than $7, I had to buy the shipping envelope, I had to pay a fee to eBay based on the $7 i received for shipping, and I had to pay a fee to paypal based on the $7.00 i received, so what am I left with? an extra dollar or 2? I will send you back $2 and I really am not expected to do that. Thank you

Really? lol. I'm a seller too, though I figure the cost of shipping and handling into my auction, I've never charge more than a $1.00 - $1.50 for handling.

Offline DemonicSymphony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »
Isn't it still against the rules to charge buyers for ebay's fees? A small handling fee is allowed, like you're talking about CA... but I thought at one point it was EXPRESSLY forbidden to list ebay fees as something a seller charges a buyer for?
I rescue unwanted plushies. PM me for details!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal