collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3!  (Read 7480 times)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: G3!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 11:44:42 AM »
I too saw some of them at TRU. The singing ones are pretty big. Almost the size of the deco pets. Oh well. I wish I liked them more. I would have loved the Singing pets in a G2 style. So yes, I agree. Weird they are getting bigger and MLP G4 are getting smaller.

Glad I saw them in person. The chibi-ness of G2 is what grabbed me. The G3 are more in the Bratz style.

Thanks for sharing the pics @Rika_of_Thunder! :)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 11:55:54 AM »
These are pretty cute! I used to collect G2s when I was younger (end of elementary school? Does that make me seem really young? I'm 17), but stopped. The rabbit in the first post is really cute, I love the little stars in the ear. The puppy is also adorable, and I like the seal too. They remind me of the G2s just enough to bring up memories, but they're also really unique.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »
I bought a pile of G2s this past year, my first LPS. They were for a swap when I realized my partner was not into them, and now I have them :P Anyways, the chinchilla, deer, and cats are my fav (of course the dragons too).

I think this style is cute too!! They remind me of Lisa Frank animals, all colorful and "mini" cute. But the mouse is kinda freaking me out... it's eyes look a bit... homicidal..

I wish I could collect LPS! I just don't have the money for this AND MLP sadly lol.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:04:02 PM by StarDragon »

Capsule

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 11:34:50 PM »
I bought a pile of G2s this past year, my first LPS. They were for a swap when I realized my partner was not into them, and now I have them :P Anyways, the chinchilla, deer, and cats are my fav (of course the dragons too).

I think this style is cute too!! They remind me of Lisa Frank animals, all colorful and "mini" cute. But the mouse is kinda freaking me out... it's eyes look a bit... homicidal..

I wish I could collect LPS! I just don't have the money for this AND MLP sadly lol.

Haha i was thinking about them looking like lisa frank animals also! I was so dissapointed to see no LF stuff in the back to school section, but i picked up a few of these and i feel better :D

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »
This refresh actually pulled me back to LPS- well and the babies :)  :blush:  (so I approve a lot, lol)

The restyle reminds me of the vintage Dakin dream pets---- from WAY back.... my mom had a dachshund and the first time I saw the dachshund from this new series, I was immediately thrown back to childhood.  the more I researched, the more I saw influences in the styles. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
I find the whole LPS G3 situation quite interesting. Some G2 collector are quite put off by G3. Others like the change. With the change, new people are being drawn into collecting them. I wonder what the end result will be for LPS.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »
It's similar with any toy line that has a faithful following that goes through a revamp....the real telling thing will be the cartoon.....if its anywhere near as catchy as FIM........  Whoo boy!

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »
Some G3 singles showed up at the Fred Meyers stores here.   I like some of the animals, but not all of them... which is good cause it means I won't go completely nuts trying to buy them all.   Of the singles, I mostly liked the bunny and the peacock, but only bought the peacock.   He looks really good with FS Celestia and Luna.

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Flutterblossom

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 06:56:29 AM »
I picked up the two pack with the pink elephant and the chipmunk yesterday! They were $4.99 at Target. They are sooo cute! :lovey: I love this new style! I will be buying the hamster and bunny singles later!

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »
Dat chinchilla and bunny. <3
I don't even collect these but they're sooo cute. It's definitely those giant animu eyes that really get to me.

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 12:04:59 AM »
Ooh, I am liking G3. I used to collect G1 when I was little but was never a fan of G2. Those huge watery eyes creep me out.

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 11:03:58 AM »
I prefer the G2s, but that pink elephant is really cute.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal