collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Urban Legends  (Read 9602 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Pony Urban Legends
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 05:29:14 PM »
@Yes Cubby I searched for that blooming soap for ages! And I bought 3 Lullabye Nurserys in the process!

:lmao:  Oh no!  Well at least you got cool playsets...  XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 05:38:34 PM »
The white pony with rainbow symbol can be seen here:

http://chanth.com/mlp.html

And then there's also this mystery.. which I think is just an ad?

http://chanth.com/mlp.html

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:21 PM »
what about Italian white firefly? i think it turned out that they were just faded.
It was, unfortunately... :(
I'm actually sunfading a baity Italy Firefly to be white right now, though. XD
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »
I heard that if you go to Vermillion City's docks and use Strength on the truck you'll find a MIB Rapunzel underneath.

LOL! Love it!

Is there a picture of the doctor purple Sugarberry? I'm sure curious about what it looked like.

I know there must be prototypes out there, but it seems odd that Hasbro would make a super teeny tiny batch of one pony for retail, which would have to be the case for some of these legendary ponies. But still, it's fun to speculate.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Betelgeuse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012, 11:23:29 PM »
This one comes directly from my years in grade-school:
"with crystals in their eyes and symbols all over their bodies there were ponies taller than a G1 and as slender as a G2, they were the characters of the television special that only was on television in Alaska at one in the morning"
I seriously don't know how I believed that as a kid, but strangely enough I can just about remember my friend having two or more of these similar to G1s but a bit like G2 ponies. Most likely some sort of Canadian fakie but I still search for these when I get the chance.

EDIT
Also the "unreleased" rainbow ponies special advertised at the end of the first special. Apparently it's real but really really rare.
I want to watch it pretty badly and always dreamed I'd see it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:28:29 PM by Betelgeuse »

Offline Axalth

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »
Oooo hathorcat you always have the greatest ideas for threads!!

I don't know if the white Windy counts as an urban legend, I know it's debated whether she exists or not. I think the photos I've seen of the white body/blue symbol combo are beautiful, either way!
Shes real i think, my friend has one, Neither of us could find any signs that it has been faded or anything.
Wishlist | Trade list

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2012, 06:34:02 AM »
This isn't an urban legend any more, cause I have her sitting in my guest room, but apparently the giant G3 butterscotch plush had been destroyed by Hasbro, when in fact someone commandeered her and onsold her to a nice lady for her daughter to play with *shudders* I picked her up for spinky today and had a talk with the lady, apparently she brought her years ago and she's been sitting unused in her daughters room for some time. I am still gobsmacked this girl actually exists. Its amazing to see her in person.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2012, 08:22:24 AM »
Fingerpaints, that is an amazing story! I never even heard about the plush Butterscotch even during the G3 collecting days. PICS PLEASE!

EDIT
Also the "unreleased" rainbow ponies special advertised at the end of the first special. Apparently it's real but really really rare.

Just to clarify, you mean the 15-second advertisement is real but really rare, not the special itself, right? I'm 99.99% positive that rainbow-hair pony special was never made. We've seen a couple shots of the animated itself kicking around the internet, and every once in a while someone comes forward claiming they have watched it as a kid or seen it in some back shelf of an old video rental store--but never offering any proof. And the tape has never been found.

And I'm sure if the special existed there would still be copies of it somewhere, youtube or in Hasbro's records--somewhere. Things like this don't just vanish without a trace.

I'm putting the existence of the rainbow-hair pony animated feature strictly in the urban legend category... unless someone actually comes forward with it. :P
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:24:03 AM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2012, 09:01:32 AM »
what about Italian white firefly? i think it turned out that they were just faded.
It was, unfortunately... :(
I'm actually sunfading a baity Italy Firefly to be white right now, though. XD

loving this! If it does not exist; fake it! ;) It kinds of inspires me to try do some 'non existing' ones myself. <3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »
Fingerpaints, that is an amazing story! I never even heard about the plush Butterscotch even during the G3 collecting days. PICS PLEASE!

EDIT

Just to clarify, you mean the 15-second advertisement is real but really rare, not the special itself, right? I'm 99.99% positive that rainbow-hair pony special was never made. We've seen a couple shots of the animated itself kicking around the internet, and every once in a while someone comes forward claiming they have watched it as a kid or seen it in some back shelf of an old video rental store--but never offering any proof. And the tape has never been found.

And I'm sure if the special existed there would still be copies of it somewhere, youtube or in Hasbro's records--somewhere. Things like this don't just vanish without a trace.

I'm putting the existence of the rainbow-hair pony animated feature strictly in the urban legend category... unless someone actually comes forward with it. :P

Wait a minute I thought the rainbow-hair pony special was actually recycled animation from the rainbow hair pony commercial. Or is that an urban legend too?       
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »
So, um any purple sugarberry pics?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:41:36 AM by iSparkle »

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
The Rainbow Ponies are some of my favorites, and I do love that short animated clip.

It looks like a promo for the toys, though.  The voiceover doesn't match the animation at all (and sounds like a generic "if you liked this, there will be more pony animations soon").  And I know that a lot of commercials in the 80s had mini animated sequences interspersed with actual shots of the toys being played with.  I could see that clip being used there, as it's just the ponies and doesn't show anything approaching a story. 

The scene of Windy shaking out her mane makes me think the original voiceover said something about the beautiful rainbow hair.  Maybe the commercial was scrapped (I've never seen a Rainbow pony commercial before), and since the animation was already done, they just popped it on the end of the video.  Or maybe the Rainbow pony commercial was supposed to go there, and someone thought that a toy commercial was a bad idea, so they redubbed the animation?  We may never know...

-----
Rapunzel under the truck you say?  I heard she came with a pink version of Twinkles the Cat.  :3
And if you throw a Bombchu into the lava outside Ganon's castle, you can find that unnamed Rainbow-haired pony from the first special inside the Light Temple. She's guarding the Triforce. :3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2012, 12:21:47 PM »
Huh....a pink version of Twinkles the Cat...I now need this!!! *eyes spare Catnips and bottle of red food colouring....interesting*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2012, 12:33:49 PM »
@ember86 and Evening_Moonstone:

I've never heard that theory before but it certainly sounds plausible!! Especially since the opening of the rainbow-hair scene (where the two pegs slide/fall down the rainbow into the water) is re-used animation from the beginning of Firefly's Adventure.

It would certainly explain why the rainbow-hair pony special never appeared.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2012, 01:18:19 PM »
Speaking of 'Rare unaired pony specials' this one has always been a favorite of mine.

As a little girl I always dreamed of someday seeing this, not knowing that the artwork would never match what happen in the movie.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal