collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Urban Legends  (Read 9624 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Urban Legends
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »

There was definitely no pony of that design existing at the time, Midnight Castle came out in what, year 2? 3?  Early on, that's for sure. My guess would be she's just an extra put in to "fill out the ranks" because they needed another pony in some shots. 

Yeah a lot of people in the past have stated that she might be a prototype of Raincurl or Starbow, but really those ponies came years and years later. And the hair/symbol don't match up exactly to either of them.

I find it interesting that she is the only 'not real' pony in the special, though. (I mean, the only one without a toy counterpart.) Even the background ponies that didn't get a single line, like Cotton Candy, were carefully colored to be just like their toy counterpart. And yet this little rainbow pony doesn't exist! (Unless you count the porcelain baby.)

Post Merge: May 23, 2012, 08:54:52 AM

I still want to know where the babies came from before the boy ponies showed up. Or did they do finding them in a cabbage patch and stuff?

According to the UK MLP comic, they came from a reflection in a magic mirror, and other magical things! XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2012, 10:23:16 AM »
There was definitely no pony of that design existing at the time, Midnight Castle came out in what, year 2? 3?  Early on, that's for sure. My guess would be she's just an extra put in to "fill out the ranks" because they needed another pony in some shots. 

It's also speculated that she's the porcelain "First Born" with a slighty altered symbol.  With the cat sitting on her back, First Born's symbol would have been mostly obscured, but if it's on her butt like a normal pony it would be completely visible.  Her hair colors match exactly too.

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2012, 10:41:49 AM »

It's also speculated that she's the porcelain "First Born" with a slighty altered symbol.  With the cat sitting on her back, First Born's symbol would have been mostly obscured, but if it's on her butt like a normal pony it would be completely visible.  Her hair colors match exactly too.

I personal like to call her Dreadlocks, because of her hair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2012, 11:00:23 AM »

I personal like to call her Dreadlocks, because of her hair.

I like it.  :D

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2012, 11:04:31 AM »
I heard that if you go to Vermillion City's docks and use Strength on the truck you'll find a MIB Rapunzel underneath.

And if you jump through the pipe in world 1-2, you find Bubbles and Seashell in the collector's pose.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal