collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *AGAIN!* Someone stole my pic and it's on eBay NOW! What do I do!?  (Read 5463 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: *AGAIN!* Someone stole my pic and it's on eBay NOW! What do I do!?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29:03 AM »
you need to water mark it. I don't know how you do this but somehow your username ends up across the picture but seethrough. It means no one can steal your images ever again

Watermarking an image does NOT prevent it from being stolen.  It only makes it more inconvenient to edit the watermark out.  Many theives don't care and think the Internet is theirs to steal.  A watermark can be edited out of the photo by someone with a bit of skill and 30 minutes.  The only true way to prevent images from being stolen online is to not upload them.

But yes, a watermark would be a good idea, especially if you place it somewhere very obvious like over the centre!  Those are harder to edit out of the image...  ;)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »
ok first of all, chill out. Next I  don't know much about it as I don't take pics of my ponies and finaly I was trying to say that it SHOULD go across the middle of the picture
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: *AGAIN!* Someone stole my pic and it\'s on eBay NOW! What do I do!?
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »
you need to water mark it. I don't know how you do this but somehow your username ends up across the picture but seethrough. It means no one can steal your images ever again

Watermarking an image does NOT prevent it from being stolen.  It only makes it more inconvenient to edit the watermark out.  Many theives don't care and think the Internet is theirs to steal.  A watermark can be edited out of the photo by someone with a bit of skill and 30 minutes.  The only true way to prevent images from being stolen online is to not upload them.

But yes, a watermark would be a good idea, especially if you place it somewhere very obvious like over the centre!  Those are harder to edit out of the image...  ;)
While I do agree with most of what you write, if a watermark is used correctly it can be difficult to remove. I raise rabbits, Hollands are my speciality. In the show world its cut throat and people will steal pics and put them on CL to sell their bunnies. SO to counter this I put my watermark on the face of the bunneh <3 So the thieves will go UGH why!!! xP I've got some adorable Hollands some their parents cost a pretty penny >.< So this means put the watermark everywhere <3

Post Merge: June 05, 2012, 03:22:21 PM

ok first of all, chill out. Next I  don't know much about it as I don't take pics of my ponies and finaly I was trying to say that it SHOULD go across the middle of the picture
She didnt mean for her response to be mean or harsh, tornadoe. Its just fact thieves will go to any length. Like I mentioned before, I had a picture of my holland Little Dude, hes the perfect holland, someone stole his pic that I had watermarked just under his eye and they removed it. So I reposted the pic again but this time with my watermark everywhere. I figured out who it was and made my rabbit world community aware and surprise they no longer have rabbits. But yea theres a site that offers to do a whole page watermark for you :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:22:21 PM by hikari_amaya »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 06:55:03 PM »

I'm sorry that you were offended by my reply.  I'm a blunt person... I don't mean to sound harsh, I just don't speak diplomatically very well.  Usually I make my point and then realize it sounds pretty curt. :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 01:57:03 AM »
A useful place to put watermarks would be areas of the picture with small detail... that way it's a little harder for people to edit them out.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 10:40:12 AM »
Just so everyone knows, most people that steal pictures on Ebay aren't scammers and actually have the same item you do. They are just too lazy to get up and take their own photo.

This means they would most likely be too lazy to sit there and try to edit out a watermark. It would negate the whole stealing photos to save time and energy thing...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal