collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pushy buyers? EDIT: Cancelled Transaction and now safe and happy.  (Read 8186 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pushy buyers? EDIT: It just got worse.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 11:00:14 AM »
I'm glad it all worked out.  It sounds like everyone involved was having some sort of issue with the transaction.  In the end it is probably best just to let it go and search for a direct trade with negotiated terms. I'm happy you did not end up losing out on all that money.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »
Sounds like opening a thread here was the right thing to do, as it resolved your stress over trying to get this item!  I am glad that we could help you out.  :)

I hope you are able to find said item in the near future!  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »
Ok, I can reveal now what the item was... My grail Greek Sunlight. I am absolutely gutted that I haven't been able to get her and as I have no money it won't be possible for me to get her. :( My mum only approves of me trading for ponies I want, so if anyone has her and wants lots of my ponies including princess dragons, please contact me! xxx

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 01:52:32 PM »
In the long run the middle man sounds 8 shades of bad. I'm glad you canceled, because it sounds like he was trying to scam you big time :(

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »
Sorry to hear that things didn't work out, but it's good that you stood up for yourself on the price. I'm sure you will eventually be able to get yourself a nice Greek Sunlight, I would trade with you if I had one! I hope you're not too put out, this just means it will be that much more exciting when you finally get her :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »
I'm sorry that you lost out on getting your grail, but I really do think that backing out was the best thing for everyone involved.  I hope that another Greek Sunlight is waiting for you soon, and I'm glad that posting here helped you to sort things out :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Pushy buyers? EDIT: Cancelled Transaction and now safe and happy.
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 09:10:23 AM »
There will be another opportunity to get Greek Sunlight, there will!  Do you plan on collecting all your life ; there's plenty of time to get her.  Perhaps even when you are able to make financial decisions by yourself and don't have to depend on what your mom allows you, you'll be able to outright BUY Greek Sunlight!  :D 

Don't give up!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »
Haha, yes I'm sure there will be! I am allowed to buy what I want, but my mum always ends up saying "Why did you buy another bloomin' pony when you have a room full of them! You're not a child anymore! Buy some clothes instead!" >.<
I have been saving though and I am getting a job soon *hopefully!* x

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
But but but ponies are nice!!  And one can survive with only 2 pairs on pants and some tees!!

I'll keep and eye open for a Greek Sunlight, sooner  or later it will come to you.  And without the hassle of having a 3-way on getting it o.o

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »
Hey sweetie...sorry you missed out on your grail. But like others said, they will be others! I got scammed out of a sugarcake and now I finally found one!  I'm keeping a lookout for those ponies for you too :)

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 05:27:30 AM »
Ahh, why don't people understand no means no? I've had it again recently and it is really bothering me, I'm beginning to think that just because I am 17, people think I am ignorant and my prices mean nothing! :(
And another niggle, someone just bought a beautiful greek sunlight on ebay! Darn not having the money! :(

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 05:24:14 PM »
:hug:  there will be another greek Sunlight for you. Stay away from ebay to avoid disappointment in the meantime
To stop people from offering you lower prices in future ( unless you actually list the price a bit higher to allow for someone to make an offer without you losing money) I would suggest adding a note in your sales threads or any messages regarding sales that prices are non-negotiable. The prcie you list is the price you need to get , nothing lower  :awake: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »
Honestly this thread's mistatements and whines are now just too much for me = understanding that the overall resolution of you cancelling your sale for no good reason other than to mention you were selling out from under me  had nothing to do with "no means no" and your age... Silver refunded me the money when you wanted to have her send the greek sunlight "for inspection" first... it only made sense after that back-out comment of yours to let Silver just deal with you directly AFTER you and I dealt directly - which I was fine with from the get go...

I was fine to pay your requested $230 =  heck I was out $240 when the cancellations came... I am sorry I misunderstood at the beginning and thought that was a total including shipping = but then you never provided me the amount of the cost of shipping from UK to US.  You changed the amount of the sea ponies you were selling and then your last email prior to cancellation was changing up to then not selling baby sea ponies at all.  So much for consistency and straightforward communication - as I said before = look at the three fingers pointing back just as much as the one pointing out to understand the problem...

Honestly, I get that my kind gesture of sending you 18GBP = a week in advance of you getting back from classes = apparently so freaked you out you got all conspiratorial about the situation.  But my intention was to show you I was a serious buyer and wanted to make the whole situation work so you got a greek grail and I got dragons and sea ponies ...

I had to ask you how many times just to get you to forward photos?  Thanks for finally finding the time, but come on = I put a lot of trust out there with paying everybody in advance and keeping fingers crossed that  it ended up with ponies travelling... I tried, I really did = and most everyone here knows I am a no hassle/no fuss no muss kind of buyer and seller.  I really don't appreciate how you spun the whole tale - enough already. 

I totally do not mind you cancelling as you were getting stressed = fine.  I totally want everybody happy with buying/selling here at arena  = not stress = RL has enough already... so stop the complaining about not having a greek grail already as you were the party that ended the deal - so be happy with it and everybody is right as they have said = another will happen later.  Thank goodness your grail is not a one of a kind!

I cannot apologize more for misunderstanding and I tried in PM's to tell you as much... but geesh, girl = the bottom line is that you were pissed when Snow backed out and you took it out on me with cancelling - and a parting shot about selling the same stuff to others.

{slight edit for language~PonyLady}
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:00:20 AM by ponylady »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2012, 12:55:45 PM »
I'm not interested in what you have to say about it now MCM, the matter is closed. This isn't a 'whine' at anyone, and I didn't even mention the arena. It is not just you who I've (how do I put this as politely as possible??) been having problems with. It doesn't matter now either. I wasn't 'pissed' as you so rudely put it at Snow, I very much like Snow and acutally - I am very glad she backed out, it gave me the incentive to appreciate I had enough of being consistently lowered on price. Maybe you didn't know you were doing it? god only knows how though, but you were and I had said from the beginning that I only wanted to work in one currency and specifically posted in dollars for your benefit, also I said the italians were not included, I made my decision at the beginning as one was a birthday present and I wasn't willing to lose money on her as she was special to me. I don't understand why you have come here after I have resolved this with you via PM to keep the situation 'pleasant' since you are not interested in being friends. I figure it is trying to make me appear bad or something, now I know how Stormy feels.
I no longer wish to discuss this, as I think the mature thing to do is not continue this. As I put in the top of the post: I cancelled with you, I am happy and safe and much more relaxed, other members can even see a difference in the way I have been acting and behaving. When stressed, I can appear the opposite of how I really am.

Thanks for posting your view MCM. I wish to no longer continue this as I politely wrote in my PM, the transaction was stressful and unpleasant and I do not wish to carry it on, it's over, it's done. Nothing more than that. I'd also like to mention about the 'being pissed' at Snow bit as a reason for cancelling on you as being (sorry mods) complete and utter 'crap' (hopefully that is okay lnguage, if not then I am so sorry mods!) I cancelled on you because I was not comfortable with you lowering me consistently on price, you didn't seem to get it. I could post copies of the PMs but I'm not as immature and senseless to do that, that would not be fair on anyone.
Please respect the fact that I have dropped this, I wasn't 'whining' as you put it etiher, I was merely stating it was a shame I couldn't afford to buy a Greek Sunlight that recently ended on ebay. I'm not actually that bothered to be frank, I have a life, I have a family and family comes before ponies. This kind of behaviour is what makes me think twice about being a member, Rhini posted about it too, all the bickering and disagreements. I just want peace for crikes sake. Can you please just let it go? I have, you can see that by the last time I posted about our situation. I would like to not carry this on so please don't, and don't bring Snow into this, it isn't fair, she made it clear she didn't want to be involved. It was between you and I, but no longer is as I am no longer willing to continue this conversation as it is getting unpleasant and I only wish to keep peace.
Thanks for respecting this.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:28:20 PM by Icecrystalline »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2012, 01:17:16 PM »
Please before it gets out of hand, let's keep this civil.

I understand you both have frustrations over this transaction. It is understandable.  But the best thing for all parties involved was for it to be canceled and it was.  I would consider it over at this point. 

If either one of you should have any further problems, please email Ringlets or I to discuss it and not turn this into a mud-slinging bash here.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal