collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pushy buyers? EDIT: Cancelled Transaction and now safe and happy.  (Read 8187 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Pushy buyers? EDIT: It just got worse.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 03:43:14 PM »
  In my opinion that does not give the person the right to haggle you to the point that you had to seek help about the situation.   

Uhhhh yeah.  Helping you out and doing you a favor DOES NOT EQUAL having to put up with obnoxious behavior in the future when they "re-pay" the favor! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this.  I really do think they are trying to take advantage of you.  In general but especially here on the arena people do nice things for each other and it is never acceptable to lobby for special favors or price reductions in return.  The point of doing someone a favor is to be nice, not to get something back some day.

What are the items?  Maybe if you found another buyer you could explain to them you have offers of --- amount.  That way they can choose to meet the price or not buy.  If they are a pony person they know you can't go lower.  They probably know fair market value and that is why they are pushing so hard.  I really think you shoudl get a mod in on this.  It's wildly inappropriate behavior.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 04:42:50 PM »
At this point I would just politely say that X is the firm price, if she'd like to pay that she can go ahead but otherwise you can't make a deal. After that, either she pays or if she continues to try to talk you down on the price, you say "sorry we couldn't come to a figure that works for us both, I just can't take a loss here." I realize that you really want this to go through, but people don't get to push you around financially just because you're in a tough spot. It sounds like this is quite drawn out already, which is just adding stress to your previous situation, rather than helping you.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »
:(  if this person has no language difficulties and is a member here, then I'm sorry but favor or no favor her/his behaviour is not acceptable :yikes: . Please just politely refuse to sell to this person (Babystarz has some good suggestions on what you might say) . You dont need all this trouble, and I am sure that you'll be able to sell the pony/item to someone else who will not mess you  about. I understand that haggling is normal in some cultures, but honestly you've been pretty clear that you've gone as low as you can with the price, and you dont need to be losing money on this sale.  If the buyer cant agree with this, then she/he needs to just move on. If the person still continues to harrass you after you back out, then please let us know.
:hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 03:02:24 AM »
Hi guys, I can't tell the exact circumstances just yet, but by dropping this it might well reveal some things. It is a three way trade, the person buying the item I am after for me is the one who is trying to lower my prices. Basically, the person with the item I want is actually very nice and is not at all involved with the problem. (well at least I believe not), the item in question is of high value, and the middle person has bought it for me. IN return, I am trading them many items, but I have said they need to pay me an extra amount for ponies as well as shipping as the high amount they have already paid does not cover my costs or shipping and they just don't seem to accept this. I came home from London to find an email  from them 2 days ago and I wasn't very happy, it sort of put me in corner. Can I just ask everyone who is helping me, do you think that is fair because I feel that I am in a really difficult situation. I wrote quite a strong reply in return stating that the price was non negeotiable and it has carried on like this ever since. Argh what do I do?
Thanks guys :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:41:48 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 06:18:14 AM »
It's difficult to say what is fair when we don't have all the details. But I think the key here is what has been agreed from the beginning. If you stated your offer before they bought you the item and they agreed to it, I have a hard time seeing that they could pull it back and start haggling. Especially when there's a third party involved and it puts you in a difficult situation.

What are their arguments? If it is unexpected costs related to buying you the item or that they have realised they clearly would make a loss from the trade, I can see their point. But otherwise I think you should stand your ground and don't go under your last offer.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:25:55 AM by sundaygirl »

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 09:49:07 AM »
Has money already changed hands?
Otherwise maybe you could buy the item yourself and then sell the other stuff to make the money back.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 01:35:01 PM »
If you are trading multiple items & requesting additional money from this person, why not take a few items out of the trade to equal the amount of money you are requesting? It seems like working out all of the details of trade value with or without additional money may have been a good idea before the person you are working with purchased the pony from the third party. As complicated as this situation sounds, I think it's hard to say what's "fair" without allof the info from the transaction... sorry.

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »
Yeah, I think this has come to the point where people need to know all the facts in order to be able to help you.

this has been said but:
If the price was agreed BEFORE they bought the item for you then it was settled. You should not have to go any lower neither should they request it.
That's rude and disrespectful.
If, money hasn't been exchanged for the item they were going to purchase for you, I'd go with what Sebby6 said above, and buy the item yourself.

Remember this, it's never too late to back out of a transaction if they are harassing you. It's not ok. NOT AT ALL. Favor or not.
I'm sure you could find someone honest and nice to help you with your transaction.

Or, do as kitkatvintage suggested.
Sure, lower the price, but  take the same ammount of ponies out of the trade  then. If they don't want to pay what you agreed to - then obviously they don't want all those ponies either.

And also, I think it would be good to give the name as I'm sure plenty of us wouldn't want to deal with such a person.

Or, at the very least, mention this in the feedback you leave once the transaction is complete, if you decide to go through with it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 01:36:10 AM »
Ok I have no clue on what's going on... your being wayyy to vauge you don't have to give out usernames but you have to give out some sort of details so we can help you.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 03:30:18 AM »
Thanks everyone, please don't worry too much as something is being settled now. It was quite difficult but it has nearly been sorted.
Thanks again :) x

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 08:26:22 AM »
Hope that our mods can help you out!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »
The third person cancelled because they were uncomfortalbe (and I don't blame them) and I have cancelled it with the middle man, I had basically had enough of being nearly scammed out of a lot of money. Thank goodness for kind and supportive people like you guys and especially the mods. xxx

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »
I am glad to hear that you have backed out, it's not worth feeling uncomfortable over or to make your middle man feel uncomfortable. 

I am also glad to hear that you stuck to your guns in the end with your price.  ;)   

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
It always takes a lot of courage to back out from a transaction.  But now  I'm curious about the item you were aiming for.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal