collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~ Out Now & Coming Soon ~  (Read 610586 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Out Now & Coming Soon ~
« Reply #2370 on: May 24, 2019, 06:35:42 AM »
Ooh, so cute! *o* I’m a sucker for baby ponies. X3 Even if mini-Twilight is a redeco of Flurry Heart, lol. I actually really like the bigger ones!

I’m thinking they’ll do an episode where a spell goes wrong or something and turns them all into babies for a day. XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: May 24, 2019, 06:45:03 AM »
OMG the photoshopped LOL Surprise :yikes: XD I love it hahaha.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #2372 on: May 24, 2019, 07:04:28 AM »
Hasbro should retitle their brand "My Little Nightmare Fuel" because they're certainly going to give me nightmares.

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: May 24, 2019, 07:21:09 AM »
I like the bigger babies, although I wish the diapers weren't molded on. I wish they'll do more than the mane six, I hope new characters and Princess Luna, Princess Cadence and Baby Flurry Heart. (I'm more likely to project myself into the sun than for them to do those characters though.)
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2374 on: May 24, 2019, 10:53:10 AM »
Is Hasbroken going to do anything remotely interesting with this cursed brand ever again? I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to hate it.

There's just a point where they lose all respect for the integrity of the toyline and start unashamedly going out for the market share of their competitors in a more blatantly obvious way.

I don't and won't hate on G4 because the original G4 ponies, many of those (non M6) I really like and still will pick up at second hand sales (even though I never liked or got into FIM, they're still cute toys). But at this point, it's getting embarrassing. It's sliding down that slope MH went down into obscurity. And the sad thing is for me that this is an old brand we've seen reinvent itself completely with actual creative ideas time and time again (including at the start of G4, where that was actually important). And now they're copying the fad toy that's popular for this five minutes. At this rate we'll have pooping twilight by Christmas.

Thank goodness for BF and the retros, that's all I can say.

It's definitely time for G4 to end. The series is ending anyway, right? (I actually would be fine with that continuing, but please, no more on the really bad toy concepts and m6 clones).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: May 24, 2019, 11:50:01 AM »

Amen.

By the way, I've been kind of out of the loop with BF updates. So has there been any talk of them creating any new ponies? I heard there was some sort of letter-writing campaign to get the celestial space ponies made - did anything happen with that?

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: May 24, 2019, 05:58:05 PM »
All this talk of new G4.5 reminded me... Did the sets with Sandbar and Silverstream ever show up in stores much? I really want them, and I hope they’re not already gone from shelves...

I heard there was some sort of letter-writing campaign to get the celestial space ponies made - did anything happen with that?

That would be the stuff dreams are made of. *_* I really hope they do. You never know... Mattel made action figures based on unreleased She-Ra dolls, years back.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: May 24, 2019, 06:28:12 PM »

Amen.

By the way, I've been kind of out of the loop with BF updates. So has there been any talk of them creating any new ponies? I heard there was some sort of letter-writing campaign to get the celestial space ponies made - did anything happen with that?

I hear they're making babies.  :lovey: Someone on the Trading Post, posted a question asking if they would make baby ponies and they said they were working on it.

Basic Fun did mention something about doing the whole G1 line, or at least most of it. And tbh, I don't believe them. Not because I think they're lying, but because I don't think they realize just how big it really is.

Post Merge: May 24, 2019, 06:35:22 PM

Is Hasbroken going to do anything remotely interesting with this cursed brand ever again? I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to hate it.

There's just a point where they lose all respect for the integrity of the toyline and start unashamedly going out for the market share of their competitors in a more blatantly obvious way.

I don't and won't hate on G4 because the original G4 ponies, many of those (non M6) I really like and still will pick up at second hand sales (even though I never liked or got into FIM, they're still cute toys). But at this point, it's getting embarrassing. It's sliding down that slope MH went down into obscurity. And the sad thing is for me that this is an old brand we've seen reinvent itself completely with actual creative ideas time and time again (including at the start of G4, where that was actually important). And now they're copying the fad toy that's popular for this five minutes. At this rate we'll have pooping twilight by Christmas.

It's definitely time for G4 to end. The series is ending anyway, right? (I actually would be fine with that continuing, but please, no more on the really bad toy concepts and m6 clones).

I agree with you, in a way it stings that they've created a whole new line for Transformers called the Botbots. They are reusing some moulds, which is something every toy company does and its fine, but they're creating new characters, with full bios, new waves are coming out in a timely manner, repaints get new facial expressions.

Granted these are just (delightful) blindbag sized transforming Shopkin wanna-bes, but they are insanely popular with kids and collectors and Hasbro is putting more creative effort into those then they ever put into the whole G4 line.

TF fans who aren't also longtime pony fans often complain about old favorites always showing up, but they don't realize how good they truly have the balance of Old and New.

Hasbro no longer gives a crud about MLP as far as I can see.

Thank goodness for HQG1C, and BF.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 06:59:00 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: May 24, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »
Basic Fun did mention something about doing the whole G1 line, or at least most of it. And tbh, I don't believe them. Not because I think they're lying, but because I don't think they realize just how big it really is.

Did they seriously say that? Even if that is a very, VERY ambitious statement, it certainly does show their commitment to the line. I would love to see some repro Sea Ponies with non-metal weights, lol. XD

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2379 on: May 24, 2019, 07:24:13 PM »
All this talk of new G4.5 reminded me... Did the sets with Sandbar and Silverstream ever show up in stores much? I really want them, and I hope they’re not already gone from shelves...
I barely saw them in my neck of the woods. I did pick up the Silverstream set full price at Target sometime last year, but never saw the Sandbar one in stores. I also never saw Silverstream any time ever again. I had to get Sandbar from Aliexpress, and I'm quite happy with him.
The whole School of Friendship line had abysmal distribution. Perhaps they'll show up at Five Below or Ollies in the next year, but I'm not holding my breath (they seem to be a dumping ground for poorly distributed sets nowadays).

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: May 24, 2019, 07:59:50 PM »
I barely saw them in my neck of the woods. I did pick up the Silverstream set full price at Target sometime last year, but never saw the Sandbar one in stores. I also never saw Silverstream any time ever again. I had to get Sandbar from Aliexpress, and I'm quite happy with him.
The whole School of Friendship line had abysmal distribution. Perhaps they'll show up at Five Below or Ollies in the next year, but I'm not holding my breath (they seem to be a dumping ground for poorly distributed sets nowadays).

Any hope they’ll make a sudden resurgence online, as with the last wave of pearly ponies a year or two back? T_T

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: May 24, 2019, 08:08:22 PM »
I never saw the ones with Sandbar and Silverstream.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2382 on: May 24, 2019, 08:11:25 PM »
Not sure if this is new or not, but the HasbroToyShop ebay page has listed the on-the-go Twilight Sparkle and Rarity figures.
Any hope they’ll make a sudden resurgence online, as with the last wave of pearly ponies a year or two back? T_T
*Noncommittal handwave* There's always a chance, but I'm just under the impression that they'll be whispers of "Did those ever reach stores?" in a few years and nothing more. I'd check Aliexpress out if you haven't already, there's the one seller on there that sells fresh factory ponies for fairly fair prices.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: May 24, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »
I never saw the ones with Sandbar and Silverstream.

Same for me.  I buckled and bought a Sandbar from China.  Might end up doing the same for Silverstream.  Though I am keeping my eye on Five Below and Ross.  If they ever do show up, it’s my money on one of those.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2384 on: May 24, 2019, 11:19:08 PM »

Did they seriously say that? Even if that is a very, VERY ambitious statement, it certainly does show their commitment to the line. I would love to see some repro Sea Ponies with non-metal weights, lol. XD

And a total lack of understanding of regional distribution!!

Though I spect such a comment was tongue in cheek.

Sandbar etc never made it here.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal