collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~ Out Now & Coming Soon ~  (Read 611830 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Out Now & Coming Soon ~
« Reply #2775 on: February 02, 2020, 01:50:27 AM »
If this IS real how many sub generations of G4 will we have?! :lol: These are going to be so hard to label!

Okay the original molds are G4, the revamped molds are G4.5, this weird playset is G4.55 and the new Pony Life stuff is 4.75. :lmao:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: February 02, 2020, 02:30:55 AM »
This is so funny omg... just... Hasbro, stop before you hurt yourself

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: February 02, 2020, 03:31:15 AM »
Yeah, I can see why others dont like it.

Instead of Twilight, they could've done many other things like make a random princess like Sitrling or Gold Lily, make a pastel goth pony or something else.

There was a lot more potential with Pinkie Pie, they could've made a Cotton Candy (either original or G3) Original/new Valentine pony or remake a pony from a previous gen, or heck, just allow them to be sold off for cheap on Aliexpress or something.

Maybe even sell all 4 parts in a box commercially to be customized, because you can make two ponies from Twilight and Pinkie and make the three races, just paint over their colour and everything. Could introduce younger kids to customization.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: February 02, 2020, 04:49:57 AM »
I could definitely see this being a way to get rid of overstock... except surely they'd just have a surplus of finished Pinkies/Twilights hanging around?? If it was the old eye style I'd get it, but that they went to all the trouble of putting the new eyes on them... I really don't get it...

I wondered if it was some sort of bizarre prototype, too.. but then, again, it's just odd that they'd create these ponies at all. :s What do you want to bet when it comes out that the box'll have some other oddity on it? Like random G2 artwork or something, lol.

Hmm, unless maybe these are old photos mocked up during the transition between designs, and the actual set will have regular Pony Life ponies... That's really all I can think of to explain it. Nothing else makes sense :/

(I was wondering how we were going to classify these, too)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: February 02, 2020, 06:50:43 AM »
D-do you think this is just a really weird place holder? Like the play set will come with the new pony life style ponies but they threw together this play set concept before they unveiled the new molds? :huh:

That’s wishful thinking of course, but this is honestly just bizarre. I’m not surprised by the recolored castle at this point, but going BACK to the reboot old mold with new eye shapes is such a weird choice. I honestly really came to love the new molds, so I hope they’re not backing off of them!

If this IS real how many sub generations of G4 will we have?! :lol: These are going to be so hard to label!

Not that hard. Just as SHS and Dream Beauties is all part of G1 and Ponyville and NBC are all part of G3, EQG, Movie Style and Retro are part of G4.

No one is sure if this is G5 or just another stylistic change. We hafta wait and see what Hasbroken does first. Lets not be too quick to jump.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:51:45 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2780 on: February 02, 2020, 09:01:01 AM »
I've switched to using G4 to cover the early style of brushables, Reboot to cover the post-movie brushables, and G4.5 proper is Pony Life IMO because it has a new stylization across the board and new media. This IS only supposed to be transitional, anyhow.
Not that hard. Just as SHS and Dream Beauties is all part of G1 and Ponyville and NBC are all part of G3, EQG, Movie Style and Retro are part of G4.
Yep yep.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2781 on: February 03, 2020, 07:32:28 AM »
If G1 happened now we'd probably have a ton of sub categories for it, but because it was the first, we don't and probably never will. Now we're just hyperanalysing every subdivide, but I think G4, Reboot (or Movie) and 4.5 (PL) makes sense. Equestria Girls fit in there I guess as G4 EQG :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: February 03, 2020, 07:36:25 AM »
G4/Movie/G4.5 (Pony Life) makes sense to me.

And I still hate the "why don't we call SHS G1.5?" argument. SHS didn't replace the original G1 molds entirely. (Nor did EQG, for that matter) Both times G4 redid the molds, they DID replace the previous G4 mold.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: February 03, 2020, 07:38:49 AM »

And I still hate the "why don't we call SHS G1.5?" argument. SHS didn't replace the original G1 molds entirely. (Nor did EQG, for that matter) Both times G4 redid the molds, they DID replace the previous G4 mold.

Me too. For the record I hate anyone subdividing G1. I just think that if G1 and G4 were reversed we'd look at the classifications differently with each.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: February 03, 2020, 10:58:36 AM »

Me too. For the record I hate anyone subdividing G1. I just think that if G1 and G4 were reversed we'd look at the classifications differently with each.

For subdividing G4 I don't think "point whatever" designations are necessary like they were for G3. This time around Hasbro has given them names that we can use. The first mold reboot came with the Movie so we can call those "Movie" and the second one came with Pony Life so we can call them "Pony Life". G3.5 never had it's own individual name so G3.5 makes sense for them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: February 03, 2020, 11:43:52 AM »
"Movie" and "Pony Life" seem the best designations to me, too. At the time I was all for calling the movie ponies "G4.5", since I really thought that'd be it until G5, but now the PL ponies have come in... I mean who knows what could happen next. I keep feeling like we'll get settled with number designations and then they'll come out with another reboot before finally moving onto G5. I don't think that will happen, but Hasbro are incredibly unpredictable these days (moreso than they ever were, I mean).

(Although if we call anything G4.5, my vote'd go for Pony Life since that seems the most appropriate at this point.. PL feels like a transitional point between G4 and G5... but then that still leaves us without a name for the movie reboots :/)

I dunno, I just wish we could finally settle on a name for these and calling them by these names rather than numbers seems best since, yeah, they're basically the official labels for 'em. So it's easier to agree on them, I think. (I.e. with fan nicknames, what makes sense to one person, another person may think the exact opposite, etc)

Although I still feel like we'll probably still be disagreeing on terms right up until G5 comes out x) That's what happened with G3.5, after all. /ramble

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: February 03, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »
I guess G3.5 could be "Ponyville". Though I accept that's not entirely the same thing.

We're collectors, disagreeing on terms is our solemn duty ;)

I don't think we should start to designate terms for G4 properly till we know it's definitely over though. The problem is that with Hasbro clinging to the mane 6 like glue, it maybe hard to spot that break. It may never come. MLP may be an iteration of G4 forever.

I certainly won't call anything G5 that involves the exact same characters and such as G4, but I imagine that'll be a whole other discussion point if and when it happens.

In the meantime PonyLife/PL seems adequate for the new stuff...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: February 03, 2020, 12:27:51 PM »
I saw some MLP the movie Valentine cards and ribbon hair plush at Dollar Tree today but didn't get a pic.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: February 03, 2020, 06:15:15 PM »
Another potential game-changer is that Hasbro seem to use the generation terms themselves, these days. Didn't some of the leaked FiM documents from a while back specifically use the phrase "G5" etc? They might decide for us what designates a new gen... I mean, if Hasbro decide to market the next set of ponies as "G5" (or at least, refer to them as such in official capacities; I doubt they'd put that on the packaging or anything) then we couldn't very well call them something else without it being confusing x)

I guess G3.5 could be "Ponyville". Though I accept that's not entirely the same thing.

That'd be confusing though, since Ponyville ponies are already a thing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:18:47 PM by Carrehz »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: February 03, 2020, 07:19:43 PM »
Another potential game-changer is that Hasbro seem to use the generation terms themselves, these days. Didn't some of the leaked FiM documents from a while back specifically use the phrase "G5" etc? They might decide for us what designates a new gen... I mean, if Hasbro decide to market the next set of ponies as "G5" (or at least, refer to them as such in official capacities; I doubt they'd put that on the packaging or anything) then we couldn't very well call them something else without it being confusing x)

That'd be confusing though, since Ponyville ponies are already a thing.

Chibiville
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:03:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal