collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~ Out Now & Coming Soon ~  (Read 607962 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Re: ~ Out Now & Coming Soon ~
« Reply #2430 on: July 04, 2019, 08:24:31 AM »
There's apparently merch coming based on the Rainbow Roadtrip special but it appears to be reused merch.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: July 04, 2019, 08:43:45 AM »
MLP Merch has posted their latest findings: https://www.mlpmerch.com/2019/06/store-finds-worlds-smallest-paper.html

I’d love to have that new Styling Rarity. =3

Also, a new “World’s Smallest” set featuring Sundance and Applejack!

Where do you see the new worlds smallest? All I see on the page is the snuzzle and butterscotch.

:facepalm:

Uggh, my mistake... You’re right, it’s Snuzzle and Butterscotch. Snuzzle’s color threw me—I’m used to her being a darker gray shade. Sorry for the false alarm. :blush:

Bummer!! >< I was pretty excited lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: July 08, 2019, 10:07:04 AM »
Just when I thought Dollar General was done getting new pony stuff, these BB size sets appeared (only $5 each):

Went to 2 different stores and only saw these 3. Does anyone know if the other mane 6 characters have sets too?

I actually desperately want the Rainbow Dash (and basic Fluttershy). To Dollar General! Awaaaaay!
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: July 10, 2019, 02:26:34 AM »
Bummer!! >< I was pretty excited lol

Haha, you and me both. DX

On an unrelated note... Does anyone know if there will be any future waves of the Classic MLP Loyal Subjects figures?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:29:10 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2434 on: July 10, 2019, 07:24:14 PM »
On an unrelated note... Does anyone know if there will be any future waves of the Classic MLP Loyal Subjects figures?
I believe if there was one, it was scrapped. It seems like they didn't do extremely well compared to their other lines? Or maybe that's just a strange game of telephone...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2435 on: July 10, 2019, 09:17:37 PM »
I believe if there was one, it was scrapped. It seems like they didn't do extremely well compared to their other lines? Or maybe that's just a strange game of telephone...

They were sort of hard to find from my experience, and not to mention that $8 price...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: July 10, 2019, 09:48:44 PM »

Which was on Loyal Subjects. They weren't advertised on their website, they were spread around a few stores and they didn't stay very long. It was almost like they were ashamed, despite their insistence on really wanting to make them. I can't help but notice that the properties that got released alongside them, Street Fighters,  Mega Man and ThunderCats did not recieve similar treatment.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: July 11, 2019, 11:39:46 AM »
Here they are!

Hasrro is still recycling?
Not sure if these are going to be G5 style, maybe someone more on top of these newer gens can confirm.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2438 on: July 11, 2019, 12:47:04 PM »
Here they are!

Hasrro is still recycling?
Not sure if these are going to be G5 style, maybe someone more on top of these newer gens can confirm.

G5 doesn't have a concrete style yet. The concepts that were released were from 2016 I think (the emails were made public December 2017), so there's a lot of time that's passed and anything and everything could've changed. Everything that was shown though, look nothing like this. They're still doing the big head/big eyes thing, and some of them even looked like Princess Celestia... that's the style we might be able to expect, but I don't think we'll see anything revealed until next year at the earliest.

It's a weird thing for Hasbro to do I suppose, but I theorized that they would jump on the retro bandwagon. While Basic Fun is doing faithful recreations of G1, using actual G1 molds in a G1 style, these are supposed to be "modern" G1s, based off of the retro artwork used in current merchandise.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2439 on: July 11, 2019, 01:03:29 PM »
I am still cynical and say they didn't have G1 stuff around so did everything from G3 models.

The G1 artwork, I see what you mean about the leg poses, but they look nothing alike in terms of shape.

That Powder looks like a G1 Powder. That's the difference.

But there's a whole other thread on that so...

Weirdly yesterday I found a store that's still selling Rainbow Rocks dolls and stuff o.O

Also, the baby sea ponies (G4) are all over the place here at the moment. But no hippogriffs :'(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2440 on: July 11, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »
I don't see the comparisons to G3. G3s and G1s are already so similar in shape. G3 necks aren't shaped like that, G3 ears aren't shaped like that, and G3 noses/lips don't look like that. In terms of sculpt, it even looks like a G1. The body looks a bit G3ish I guess, because of the roundness, but the head is definitely *G1* inspired.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: July 11, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »
I don't see the comparisons to G3. G3s and G1s are already so similar in shape. G3 necks aren't shaped like that, G3 ears aren't shaped like that, and G3 noses/lips don't look like that. In terms of sculpt, it even looks like a G1. The body looks a bit G3ish I guess, because of the roundness, but the head is definitely *G1* inspired.

Its the legs and the slimmer proportions that say G3.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2442 on: July 11, 2019, 01:20:27 PM »

I think LAW nailed it when she said dollymix.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you. G3 and G1 are not that similar that it's not easy to distinguish features between them. While you're right that the ears etc are not G3 exactly, the heads are not really that G1 either. And the basic poses are more like G3 poses, not anything sold in G1.

They don't look anything like the G1 art, or the G1 ponies to me. Not the new or the old. But I do see how the wings look transplanted onto a G3 body from a G1 pony. That's maybe the only aspect of this I think looks like G1.

They aren't exact copies of G3 but there's more G3 in them than G1.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: July 11, 2019, 02:10:33 PM »
They're like a mix of G3 and G1. Not quite G1 but not really G3, either. Just something in between, similar to both but still its own thing. Dollymix is a really good comparison.

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2444 on: July 11, 2019, 02:35:21 PM »
I did some research:

I divided the parts of the face into ears (red), forehead/nose (blue), upper lip (green) and chin/jaw (orange).

Dolly Mixes have weird ears that don't match up to the other gens,  a nose dip, and an upper lip that sticks out.

G3s have vaguely horselike ears, a nose dip, an upper lip that sticks out, and big eyes. G3 and Dolly Mix eyes are identical in style but Dolly Mixes' are very small.

G1s have short triangle cat ears, little to no nose dip, and a flat upper lip.

The Retro/"Modern" G1s have a slight dip in the nose, a flat upper lip, and HUGE eyes, but the eyes don't look anything like G3 OR G1. In G3 and G1, the bottom lashes/outline of the eye turns into the outline for the iris. In these Modern G1s, the line continues forward a bit. The eyelashes are also longer than G3 or G1, and they're a bit curled, whereas G3 and G1 lashes are more straight. For the ears, I think it's a mix between G1 and G4. They're still catlike like G1, but they're a bit taller like G4.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal