collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~ Out Now & Coming Soon ~  (Read 612544 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Out Now & Coming Soon ~
« Reply #1935 on: March 02, 2018, 06:55:28 PM »
I wore the long sleeved top today and its very nice and warm! I wear a size L normally but got an LX due to wanting more room! <3

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #1936 on: March 05, 2018, 06:13:18 AM »
Don't know if these had been reported, but I found these at my local Walmart by the checkouts.. They're called Finders Keepers, and they have a little figurine that comes with a chocolate egg. They were $1.98 each for me.. They come in a box that packages the candy and figure separate; the figure comes in a plastic capsule that can be somewhat difficult to open..

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1937 on: March 05, 2018, 07:37:18 AM »
Sounds like a smart way of reworking the concept of a Kinder Egg to get around US laws about objects inside food. The Cadence figure is cute :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 05, 2018, 09:33:17 AM »
Ohh, those are really cute!!

Bebopgroove, do you know who makes these? They look a little similar to the figures by Fiam Automazione that are in capsule machines over here right now.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 05, 2018, 10:40:07 AM »
Sounds like a smart way of reworking the concept of a Kinder Egg to get around US laws about objects inside food. The Cadence figure is cute :D

Actually Taffeta, we do have two brands of Kinder Eggs.

Yowie which is shaped like an Australian creature of myth and comes with wild animals and yowies.

Kinder Eggs. I dunno if they're the original, but they come with little toys and are surprisingly delicious.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 05, 2018, 10:50:30 AM »
Kinder Eggs. I dunno if they're the original, but they come with little toys and are surprisingly delicious.

If their name is "Kinder" they have got to be the original. I was in the US back when we were told there was a ban on Kinder chocolate eggs so we smuggled some in for our American friends :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 05, 2018, 11:02:47 AM »

If their name is "Kinder" they have got to be the original. I was in the US back when we were told there was a ban on Kinder chocolate eggs so we smuggled some in for our American friends :lol:

The kinders we tried, have layers of chocolate paste and some kind of tasty cream with coconut covered balls. There is a plastic divider between the candy and the toy. Is that what you guys have?  :yummy:

The Yowies are two chocolate halves moulded around a plastic container with the toy inside.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1942 on: March 05, 2018, 11:25:39 AM »

The kinders we tried, have layers of chocolate paste and some kind of tasty cream with coconut covered balls. There is a plastic divider between the candy and the toy. Is that what you guys have?  :yummy:

The Yowies are two chocolate halves moulded around a plastic container with the toy inside.

Not quite, but close. Ours don't have a plastic divider. That's how they get around your toys in food laws I guess...by not having it totally enclosing the toy? Ours are literally the toy in a plastic pod inside a complete egg. But that's the thing the US banned.
@Zapper, you know, there was a lot of smuggling fines and stuff on getting Kinder into the US some years back XD. It's all a bit OTT in my view. Deaths and accidents from Kinder Eggs are so minimal...I mean, there are other more dangerous things kids can get killed by (eg cars!) that aren't banned!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bebopgroove

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #1943 on: March 05, 2018, 11:45:48 AM »

Bebopgroove, do you know who makes these? They look a little similar to the figures by Fiam Automazione that are in capsule machines over here right now.

The foldable flyer that came with the figures has "Galerie" and "Chimos" on it, and says they are a product manufactured by Chimos www.chimos.net .
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:47:27 AM by Bebopgroove »

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 05, 2018, 01:18:12 PM »

Those are the "Kinder Joy" eggs.  They're nowhere near as good as real Kinder eggs, IMO.  The reason real Kinder eggs are banned is because too many kids tried to eat that huge yellow plastic capsule in the middle.  I honestly don't know how they manage it.  It isn't like you can bite through it, and they're big enough that you can't really bite around it without hitting some part of it so you know there's something there.  I guess the mean part of me figures if you're dumb enough to try and eat it, that's natural selection at work.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 05, 2018, 05:28:38 PM »

Those are the "Kinder Joy" eggs.  They're nowhere near as good as real Kinder eggs, IMO.  The reason real Kinder eggs are banned is because too many kids tried to eat that huge yellow plastic capsule in the middle.  I honestly don't know how they manage it.  It isn't like you can bite through it, and they're big enough that you can't really bite around it without hitting some part of it so you know there's something there.  I guess the mean part of me figures if you're dumb enough to try and eat it, that's natural selection at work.

How? How do you try to eat something plastic and chunky?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 05, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »
I’ll have to look for those Finder’s Keeper’s eggs. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #1947 on: March 06, 2018, 04:11:34 AM »

How? How do you try to eat something plastic and chunky?
I think kids/toddlers think it's candy and try to eat it.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 06, 2018, 07:46:51 AM »

The foldable flyer that came with the figures has "Galerie" and "Chimos" on it, and says they are a product manufactured by Chimos www.chimos.net .

Oooh, so they are different then. Awesome! I need them :D I love that Cadance!

Thanks for letting me know :)

Offline heathersmoo

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Send the Goddess of Smoo your unwanted keychains!
    • View Profile
    • SEND ME A KEYCHAIN!
« Reply #1949 on: March 06, 2018, 08:07:06 AM »
Nah, it has nothing to do with kids choking and is all about political lobbying.  If you want to bring them back with you, just smoosh the egg so that CBP can see the plastic.  You can also get black market ones in many Slavic/Euro shops.  I've done a lot of work in this area and there is a fair bit of misinformation going around.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal