collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Merry go round pony Hair help!  (Read 877 times)

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
Merry go round pony Hair help!
« on: May 14, 2012, 02:29:40 PM »
I need some advice for recurling! Sparkler and Tassles/Tossles are not the same as Flower Bouquet. My Tassles tail is still in reasonable shape so I can see that its just wrapped round a big straw/roller/curling iron if I'm careful. Not sure about their manes though, or how I'd get Flower Bouquets funny wave style. Any suggestions?

(I'm looking at getting a tiddly curling iron and the smallest foam rods I can, as I can't recurl with straws to save my life. Unless anyone in the UK wants to do it for me..)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Merry go round pony Hair help!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
Do you have a picture of the style you're trying to re-create? 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »
Go get a large perm rod, you can get them in a hairdressing supply shop, or a large chemist.

For the mane, either roll one rod in line (parallel) with the plug line. Or for more spiral curls, use three rods vertical ( like how you'd do straw curls). I find it easier to roll the hair with perm papers, or tissues work well too.

Have the hair damp before you start it'll be easier. Then do the boil perm when you've finished rolling. If you blot excess water off after the boil, it will only take a few days to dry.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »
Personally I would advise against a curling iron - even the small amount of time you have to hold the hair in place risks melting it...straightners are one thing as you can pull them through so quickly and leave enough time between sweeps to let the hair cool down but curling irons are a whole different thing.

I would persevere with learning to straw curl or go with the method BFB mentions above...that way you should get gorgeous curls and not risk melted pony hair!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal