collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Dangers of Fad Fans  (Read 13529 times)

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~Art~
Re: The Dangers of Fad Fans
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »
Wow, a MIP Rapunzel? That sounds pretty....unlikely. :I Some pics would be appreciated.
Honestly, this sounds more like a story to make new FiM fans look bad. Especially the title.

THIS.  Honestly, I'm not a fan of the fad itself either, but...this is a kind of crappy way to passive agressively get other people on an anti-brony bandwagon.  I have to agree that it seems a little too far fetched to be true, but hey, that's just me.  I'm cynical and skeptical of most things. 

What really bothers me more about this post is everyone being up in arms over how this girl could have done this without researching beforehand.  If she's not a collector, and doesn't know anything about ponies, why would she bother?  Of course it makes sense to us to look up values and do research on things, whether they're MLP or not, because that's the nature of a COLLECTOR.  If this girl wasn't a collector of any kind, she's not going to think like that.  Most people don't go wander through life assuming EVERYTHING has some kind of value.  Plus, it's like it's been said a million times before: her toy, her rules.  She can do what she wants with it.  It's not the collecting community's job to hunt down and save ponies from non-collectors.  It's none of our business what someone wants to do with their personal property.  If this really did happen, just write it off as another cautionary tale and move on.  Why make yourself crazy over something that's really none of your business? 

I love this post. If everyone was always out looking for the value of the crap they find then the brags on this site of finding mimics and Rapunzel's at flea markets and yard sales would never happen.
~Originally Soull~

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: The Dangers of Fad Fans
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2012, 10:41:19 AM »
Locking as this thread is going downhill in a hurry.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal