collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your Best "Pony" Memory!  (Read 6500 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Your Best "Pony" Memory!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 05:25:42 AM »
oooh so many lovely stories <3

I can share one too!
In 1991, when I was nine years old, there was a huge line of new ponies released in Germany. There was massive campaign for them in each children-magazine I knew and there were so many of the new ponies which I really wanted. Well it was hard to decise which one to buy. 
Back then, I lived in a small village in lower saxony / germany and we did not have any stores near us. My grandma lived in Hannover and near to her house there was a huge store and they had ponies. One day, my father wanted to pick up grandma to visit us (she had no car) and I wanted to accompany him. But sadly, he also had to transport a lot of other stuff, so there was no space left in the car for me. Since I wanted to visit the store at my grandmas home for ponies I was crying because of that. And so my dad made an offer to me. He said, he will take my pocket money and visit the store for me to buy a pony. When he asked which one I wanted, I rushed to my room, took my newest popny-pamphlet and hastily put a small cross beside every pony I liked and wanted to get somehow. Well... let me say, I could have also said "All of them" but, haha... you know what little girls are like ;) My dad left with my pamphlet to pick up grandma and when they arrived at our home they had a massive surprise for me!!
As you all remember, ponies where pretty expensive back then. They were hard to find in my part of germany too and normally I only got toys for christmas or my birthday... so imagine my face, when my grandma opened up a bag and handed two (!) ponies to me!!! She and dad told me, that dad had picked one for me, bought then with my pocket money and the other one was picked by my grandma, because they could not decide which one to bring home for me.
I got Pony Bride (picked by grandma) and Raincurl (picked by dad). I vividly remember sitting in my room, staring at their packages and slowly unpacking them one after another.
Well... I wasnt much into the whole stuff around wedding and brides and since I never made up a good name for Bride Pony, I have to admit I never really loved her as much as she would have deserved it. I wish I still had her, but I still have Raincurl and love her to pieces. Raincurl was the only pony my father ever picked for me as far as I know and he totally nailed my type of style for ponies when picking her.

Oh and there is that other story, which started many years ago and had its happy end in 2010.
When MLP G1 came to an end, the first TRU store near my home opened. It was TRU Altwarmbüchen (Hannover) and still today when I visit this store, I get that shiver when remembering the fun we had the day when it opened. It must have been around 1993. It was a nice warm day and I was visiting my grandma for the weekend. Grandma took me to the store opening, where they had games, prizes and all that stuff. I remember there was a candy booth where they had loose candy I had never seen before. Grandma let me buy everything I wanted and I ended up with candy for more than 10DM, which was really a lot of money, haha. But well, I should talk more about ponies, huh? :P When we got inside the store I was ... amazed!! I had never seen such a big store before and all those toys!! OMG. And of course they had the latest ponies. I was allowed to pick a new toy and I was totally puzzled by all those choices. I remember seeing the pony-families, Mom and Dad Berrytown for example and the others. And there were those cute 7 Tales ponies I loved so much from seeing them on TV. I had a hard time chosing one and finally decided on Clover (7 Tales). I remember sitting in the car, snuggling with her package <3 But when we got home, I realized that little Clover was far too big for being a kid at school as she was on TV. I was disappointed... :( I also got a brand new (talking) barbie that day, so I left Clover alone on the table and played with my Barbie instead. Clover never really got my heart...
Years later when I started collecting I took all my childhood ponies and decided which ojnes I liked and which ones I never loved much. I decided, that for example Clover had to go and sold her to a 12 year old girl, who payed 10€ for her. That, I thought, was a ton of money for an old toy pony. Well, soon I regretted selling her and wanted her back, but the girl who bought her, was gone. She left the community. I began stalking the internet for a new Clover. But I never had any luck. I tried Ebay, won one but she never arrived. Then I tried the Arena, did not find one soon. Later when somebody at the Arena had one, they asked 50$ for her and I wasnt able to pay that *sigh* A year later I had the chance to get one in a trade, but the member disappeared without sending me Clover. It was really really a sad thing. When I already had lost hope, I got a PM at the german MLP board. It was in december 2010, 6 years after I had sol Clover. There was a new user, an 18 year old girl from Germany, who had read my wishlist and stated that she had a Clover for sale. She said, she had gotten her when she was 12 years old, from somebody who was selling ponies on the internet. She also told, that Clover was mint and the only thing she had was a "V" under her hoof. I almost died when reading this. My Clover had been mint (of course, I never had played with her) and she also had that "V" under her hoof, as I always signed my ponies with that when I was a child. Of course (!!!!) I had to buy her, paying 12€ for her and she immidiately shipped her to me. Sadly the package got lost ... it lasted 3 weeks until they found it and one more until I got it. I remember me being white as the wall when unpacking the package. My hands were ice-cold and shaking until I finally opened up the package. And there she was... it was my old Clover, which had been sold 6 years ago. That present my grandma got me, that pony I never liked but so wanted to have her back. She was finally home. MY pony, she was back. I still can hardly believe it, but there is no doubt. I recognize her "V" under her hoof and old bank account statements tell, that the buyer had the same name as the girl who sent her to me in the end.
From the day I got her back, I swear, I have never ever thought about selling any childhood pony again.
I am so happy to have her back, she is part of a really precious childhood memory and one thing to remember my beloved grandmother, who passed away last year. I still miss her more than words can say.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 06:37:35 AM »
oooh so many lovely stories <3

I can share one too!
In 1991, when I was nine years old, there was a huge line of new ponies released in Germany. There was massive campaign for them in each children-magazine I knew and there were so many of the new ponies which I really wanted. Well it was hard to decise which one to buy. 
Back then, I lived in a small village in lower saxony / germany and we did not have any stores near us. My grandma lived in Hannover and near to her house there was a huge store and they had ponies. One day, my father wanted to pick up grandma to visit us (she had no car) and I wanted to accompany him. But sadly, he also had to transport a lot of other stuff, so there was no space left in the car for me. Since I wanted to visit the store at my grandmas home for ponies I was crying because of that. And so my dad made an offer to me. He said, he will take my pocket money and visit the store for me to buy a pony. When he asked which one I wanted, I rushed to my room, took my newest popny-pamphlet and hastily put a small cross beside every pony I liked and wanted to get somehow. Well... let me say, I could have also said "All of them" but, haha... you know what little girls are like ;) My dad left with my pamphlet to pick up grandma and when they arrived at our home they had a massive surprise for me!!
As you all remember, ponies where pretty expensive back then. They were hard to find in my part of germany too and normally I only got toys for christmas or my birthday... so imagine my face, when my grandma opened up a bag and handed two (!) ponies to me!!! She and dad told me, that dad had picked one for me, bought then with my pocket money and the other one was picked by my grandma, because they could not decide which one to bring home for me.
I got Pony Bride (picked by grandma) and Raincurl (picked by dad). I vividly remember sitting in my room, staring at their packages and slowly unpacking them one after another.
Well... I wasnt much into the whole stuff around wedding and brides and since I never made up a good name for Bride Pony, I have to admit I never really loved her as much as she would have deserved it. I wish I still had her, but I still have Raincurl and love her to pieces. Raincurl was the only pony my father ever picked for me as far as I know and he totally nailed my type of style for ponies when picking her.

Oh and there is that other story, which started many years ago and had its happy end in 2010.
When MLP G1 came to an end, the first TRU store near my home opened. It was TRU Altwarmbüchen (Hannover) and still today when I visit this store, I get that shiver when remembering the fun we had the day when it opened. It must have been around 1993. It was a nice warm day and I was visiting my grandma for the weekend. Grandma took me to the store opening, where they had games, prizes and all that stuff. I remember there was a candy booth where they had loose candy I had never seen before. Grandma let me buy everything I wanted and I ended up with candy for more than 10DM, which was really a lot of money, haha. But well, I should talk more about ponies, huh? :P When we got inside the store I was ... amazed!! I had never seen such a big store before and all those toys!! OMG. And of course they had the latest ponies. I was allowed to pick a new toy and I was totally puzzled by all those choices. I remember seeing the pony-families, Mom and Dad Berrytown for example and the others. And there were those cute 7 Tales ponies I loved so much from seeing them on TV. I had a hard time chosing one and finally decided on Clover (7 Tales). I remember sitting in the car, snuggling with her package <3 But when we got home, I realized that little Clover was far too big for being a kid at school as she was on TV. I was disappointed... :( I also got a brand new (talking) barbie that day, so I left Clover alone on the table and played with my Barbie instead. Clover never really got my heart...
Years later when I started collecting I took all my childhood ponies and decided which ojnes I liked and which ones I never loved much. I decided, that for example Clover had to go and sold her to a 12 year old girl, who payed 10€ for her. That, I thought, was a ton of money for an old toy pony. Well, soon I regretted selling her and wanted her back, but the girl who bought her, was gone. She left the community. I began stalking the internet for a new Clover. But I never had any luck. I tried Ebay, won one but she never arrived. Then I tried the Arena, did not find one soon. Later when somebody at the Arena had one, they asked 50$ for her and I wasnt able to pay that *sigh* A year later I had the chance to get one in a trade, but the member disappeared without sending me Clover. It was really really a sad thing. When I already had lost hope, I got a PM at the german MLP board. It was in december 2010, 6 years after I had sol Clover. There was a new user, an 18 year old girl from Germany, who had read my wishlist and stated that she had a Clover for sale. She said, she had gotten her when she was 12 years old, from somebody who was selling ponies on the internet. She also told, that Clover was mint and the only thing she had was a "V" under her hoof. I almost died when reading this. My Clover had been mint (of course, I never had played with her) and she also had that "V" under her hoof, as I always signed my ponies with that when I was a child. Of course (!!!!) I had to buy her, paying 12€ for her and she immidiately shipped her to me. Sadly the package got lost ... it lasted 3 weeks until they found it and one more until I got it. I remember me being white as the wall when unpacking the package. My hands were ice-cold and shaking until I finally opened up the package. And there she was... it was my old Clover, which had been sold 6 years ago. That present my grandma got me, that pony I never liked but so wanted to have her back. She was finally home. MY pony, she was back. I still can hardly believe it, but there is no doubt. I recognize her "V" under her hoof and old bank account statements tell, that the buyer had the same name as the girl who sent her to me in the end.
From the day I got her back, I swear, I have never ever thought about selling any childhood pony again.
I am so happy to have her back, she is part of a really precious childhood memory and one thing to remember my beloved grandmother, who passed away last year. I still miss her more than words can say.
~

Whoa, that is amazing !! Getting your pony back after all those years is just... wow !! :D I feel really happy for you !!

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 06:56:47 AM »
These are all wonderful stories but Sugarminty's is exceptional. I'd love to see a picture of your Clover and of the "v" under her hoof.
 :lovey:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Your Best \"Pony\" Memory!
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 07:40:22 AM »
These are all wonderful stories but Sugarminty's is exceptional. I'd love to see a picture of your Clover and of the "v" under her hoof.

here she is :

need to take better pics of her, those are from the day I got her, when I was still trembling with joy :P

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »
All of these stories are so amazing! The things parents do for their children... what a perfect thread before mother's day. :)

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 10:38:03 AM »
Unboxing xanthestar's wonderful little crochet Celestia plushie last christmas.

It's crazy how much I love that plush.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
SugarMinty, that is fab!!!  Watching Charlotte unwrap a package from Auntie.  It was her 9 yo cousin's pony collection.  12 ponies, I think all ones she did not have.  Watch this space for July 7th.  Her B-Day when she gets to unwrap her custom adult and baby Mimics.  :)  Might want to cover your ears... 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
*grins*  I think it'd have to be when my aunt brought 2 bags full of ponies for me and my sister, these were the paper grocery bags so it was a *ton* of ponies!  And she'd picked a few out for my grandma and great grandma, lol, so they could have something to talk to us about.  Honestly, that's where most of my childhood herd came from; I had a few, but only 12 or so real ones, until that day.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 01:49:16 PM »
The day when I recieved my first ever pony, in the hospital.

It wasn't so late. I'd had a bad day.. I hadn't eaten, I'd been crying, I just felt defeated. For some reason I must've gone to lay down on my bed and fallen asleep (with my kitty ears on.. I usually fall asleep with a kitty eared hoody), the nurses were all quite worried. Rachel (otherwise known as 'Pinkie'  ;) ), who became one of my inspirations, came over from the children's ward after I'd been asleep for a while (she came simply to visit me) and sat watching over me for a while.. then she woke me gently, and told me not to feel so low.. she wanted me to smile, because that made her happy. She put two tins of the MLP pasta onto my bed and said that she'd used me as an excuse to her fiance to buy them (:lol:).. and then she opened my palm and put her own Rainbow Dash figurine into it. She told me this:

'Now this, my dear, you should always keep with you. Remember that no matter what is happening, someone always cares about you, and that I am thinking of you.' <3

I have carried that pony on me every single day since that night. And I will never forget. That awesome, hilarious, supportive, incredibly inspirational person will be forever in my gratitude. She gives me strength, and hope. :lovey: :lovey:
Fight like a girl..

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 03:26:28 PM »
I have only one very vague memory. I had a Starglow and I was brushing her hair and bragging about how she had magical powers to my cousin. And that's it. I also remember having a fancy mermaid pony, but no actual physical memories to go with it.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
These are such sweet stories; I'm kind of tearing up.  :lovey:

My best pony memory is probably opening my MLP themed birthday present from my best friend six years ago.  We've been best friends since middle school and she knew I was a toy collector but I didn't collect ponies.  I remember she was so excited to see me open my present.  I started opening it and found a Pinkie Pie card, followed by g3 play doh, a puzzle and finally g3 Merriweather.  She explained to me that ponies were back and I told her that I'd only had a few as a kid but apparently she'd had a bunch and loved the sea ponies.  She got me to start remembering my childhood ponies, and I immediately bought Merriweather a friend (Silver Glow) and was soon hunting out 80s ponies on eBay.  :)

Besides the nostalgia factor, I think part of the reason ponies are so special to me is because they remind me of my best friend.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

FrostButt

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 05:07:27 PM »
Oh goodness, all of these stories are sooooo sweet~ Sugarminty's story was absolutely beautiful. X3

I'd say my best pony memory took place when I was ten. My parents bought me the first season of "My Little Pony 'n Friends" on DVD and I was watching it nonstop. When I saw Galaxy on screen, I felt like I made a connection with her character. She seemed so wise and graceful; I really adored her! When I finished the entire season, I would go back and rewatch episodes featuring Galaxy just so I could see her again. Finally, I started browsing eBay to find her. Auction after auction, I begged my parents to let me buy her. Auction after auction, I lost.
I was THIS close to giving up when I found Galaxy in a lot with Masquerade and Locket, thankfully for a fairly cheap price. I begged my parents one last time....and I won! Being as immature as I am, I usually dance around the house when I get a new pony. Not that time; I just sat in awe...I was finally getting Galaxy.
My package arrived five days later. I tore open the box and saw Masquerade and Locket. They were in lovely condition, and I was happy to have them, but when I pulled Galaxy out of the box, I just closed my eyes and held her close to me. I've never made a connection like that with another character before or since, and at that moment I finally had her.

And that's my favorite pony memory! I just love my Galaxy to pieces. <3

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
These thread is great! I love hearing everyone's pony memories and being reminded of my own. You all have shared some truly lovely stories! I enjoyed reading them so much I thought I'd come out of lurking to share one of my own pony memories.

My best pony memory so far actually happened at the start of this year. I was having health problems, and ended up becoming bedridden just before my birthday. I was devastated, because I'd made special plans for a perfect day out with my parents that unfortunately wasn't going to happen. I'd already received my present the week before my birthday (Final Fantasy XIII-2), so I wasn't expecting anything, but nonetheless my mother presented me with a gift bag. Inside was a loose pony, Lily Lightly. My mother had stopped buying ponies for me by now, but she said she knew I had to have this one, because it was special. It totally made my day, and my week actually. It was great to have a new cute little pony to keep me company and cheer me up with her flashing lights and pretty eyes. And to make it extra special, I'd never seen her before, either, so she was a complete surprise. She's my favourite G3 now. I can't help but smile whenever I catch sight of her on the end of my desk.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »
BrightSide....AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!  :lovey:

I love these stories!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 08:00:50 PM »
Mine are when my husband let me pick out Rarity for Valentine's Day last year and when he and I watched the wedding episode together.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal