collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Hasbro blind bag figures? (Granny Smith, Gilda the Griffin, Wonderbolts)  (Read 29840 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "Hmmm, kind of shoddy work . . . Yep, I think it's for real!"

:lmao:  That's totally wrong.  XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Do I think it is in the realm of possibility that some person trying to cause a commotion could made a mold (you can see the seam lines on Shining Armor where he came out of the mold), pour plastic, then did a shoddy paint job to try to pass them off as a real product...? Maaaybe. But likely? Nah.

Lots of other movies and tv shows release small molded, un-poseable plastic toy sets. In fact there's a bunch of Happy Feet penguin sets next to the MLP's at my TRU. Pokemon is notorious for that too, I think. Usually they come in 2-3 characters per package, and you have to collect them all to get all the characters? I'm guessing these might be something like that.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
The seller also has these, which were posted a while back as new blind bags on EqD. I don't trust EqD as a news source for new items by any means, but the seller does have them on hand.

Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Can I see the Gilda and Wonderbolt ones!?  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
They're on the first post. ;)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Luna blind bag gets special eyes!? Niiiiice! ^_^b
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Itajn

The seller also has these, which were posted a while back as new blind bags on EqD. I don't trust EqD as a news source for new items by any means, but the seller does have them on hand.
I didn't believe in this wave 5, but this seller has them all exept Golden Delicious and Sunny Rays. Oh, and Cinnamon Breeze.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
Luna blind bag gets special eyes!? Niiiiice! ^_^b
Just like Fluttershy! (lol)

They look like they could be gashapon or vending machine toys :O

Offline flowersinherhair

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Wow, after seeing people mention Waterfire being a blind bag figure, I had to go take a look on ebay! Normally the recycled G3s kind of annoy me, but Waterfire is one of my favorite ponies, so this is actually pretty cool! It's kind of a weird choice on Hasbro's part, though, because we already had Firecracker Burst, who looks almost exactly alike. I'd assumed Firecracker was Waterfire's G4 incarnation? Oh well, not gonna complain! :P

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
I love them! Can't wait but I wonder how long before they're released.

OT: Does this mean we don't need to use Taobao?
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Itajn

One more observation: Rainbowshine with different cutie mark. Probably just an error, though.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Hmmm.. they look legit to me, but I agree with those that said it might be a new form of collector's set or sets (just like the pokemon stuff) - For there are so many different molds. And so detailed.
Usually for the BBs they use a mold over and over again.. even when they make a new one, like the princesses or boys, it gets recycled.
But could they do that with Gilda or Granny Smith w/o taking too far a stray of the original show? xD OK, they could.. hmhm. :| But I hope they won't. xD

Offline Mapago

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
They look factory made, so maybe a special collector's case? And I think I can see a mark of the mold on Cadence and Shining armor's figures

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Shining Armour and Grannie Smith etc are not going to be part of Wave 5 blind bags as we already know the 24 characters from this BUT I actually do think these are going to be legit...

As others have said they are too dirty, scuffed and poorly finished to be a customisers. The seller is in Guangzhou, Guangdong - the heart of many of these factories.

I would suspect this is part of Blind Bag Wave 6 that we are seeing - as in addition to the "wow" characters of Gilda, Grannie Smith and the Wonderbolt there are other regular unis and pegs in blind bag poses which are being seen here for the first time! Woo hoo! Wave 6 BB I think...I love Grannie Smith! [so excited]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
Pretty cool! Luckily not enough to break my will on not buying from TaoBao anymore, but something I would definitely buy when they come out! 
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal