collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

uneven hair?

cut it
8 (80%)
re-arrange it
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: re-haired backwards  (Read 523 times)

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
re-haired backwards
« on: May 06, 2012, 12:56:06 PM »
What would you do??

I have a Love Wishes that I needed the red hair from. So I decided to re-hair her with pink and purple from a Banjo Blue I used for a different custom.  First I started to re-hair her from the neck up (normally I go the other way) Well I realized I grabbed the wrong sections, the hair that is at the base is what was supposed to be at the head cause it is a centimeter longer. So now when the hair lays down it looks like the top part has been cut.  All the plugs are pre-cut separated glued ends that can be easily taken out ..  Is it worth it?? That would be a whole centimeter I would have to cut off if I don't or a whole hour re-hairing

The hair is where I would be styling it.. It is less uneven if I put the hair down next to each other.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:11:18 PM by Aednatia »

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: re-haired backwards
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 01:01:33 PM »
I'd totally just cut the hair as long as it's not going to ruin the whole look of the pony. I'm lazy  :P

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 01:45:21 PM »
It depends on how you're going to style it; for example, if you're doing pin curls, the length at the top won't matter as you'll just be wrapping it around... if you're doing an updo like a bun, I'd do that first and then trim from there...

Honestly she really looks great; what an awesome color combo!

Lavender_Lace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »
I agree with Kala, it really depends on how you're going to style her hair.  If you're keeping it straight and she's staying in your collection, I'd just cut it.  But, if you're curling even just the ends, leave it.  You probably won't be able to notice it once it's curled.  I'd be worried about the plugs separating if you were pull them all out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal