collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Postal Scale help?  (Read 741 times)

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Postal Scale help?
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
(Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in 'Off Topic' so I hope it's in the right place!)

I'm looking to buy a relatively inexpensive postal scale that can weigh items up to 35lbs. I know a lot of people on the arena own postal scales to ship things so I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place or website to buy them? :)
Thanks in advance!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: Postal Scale help?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:22:22 PM »
The postal scale I use is from USPS.com and is rated for up to 10lbs. I think it is sold for about $30 or $40. There are some cheaper scales out there but from what I found they were rated up to only 5 lbs.

We also have a baby scale that is rated up to 44 lbs. I think I paid about $70 for it. Amazon.com has a lot of different scales.

Edited to add: The baby scale is digital and also does kgs.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:30:09 PM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 01:06:28 AM »
Up to 35lb is a lot for a digital scale so like the poster said above me they can run for quite a bit.

Do you really need something that weighs 35lbs? If you ship something that heavy weekly, it's worth it. But if it's once a month you can use your bathroom scale for that. That's what I used for the longest time. Now I have a better scale that can weigh more.

Then you can get a digital scale for cheaper.

Check Ebay. Maybe you can find a used one for cheap.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 04:03:16 AM »
If you look on ebay under:

WEIGHMAX 35 LB # DIGITAL POSTAL SHIPPING SCALE W/AC  there is one listed for $13.99 plus shipping.

I also highly recommend this seller as I have dealt with her for years.  And I actually bought my scale from her about 5 years ago.  Her ID is corijennin if you also want to check out the other scales she has in her store.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
I got my digital scale pretty cheap from a local supermarket TBH. Its a kitchen scale , but it works fine , and its accurate  :awake:  If they dont sell them cheap locally to you and you need to order one off the internet, then I would try the seller Ponylady suggested since her prices sound good to me  :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »
If you look on ebay under:

WEIGHMAX 35 LB # DIGITAL POSTAL SHIPPING SCALE W/AC  there is one listed for $13.99 plus shipping.

I also highly recommend this seller as I have dealt with her for years.  And I actually bought my scale from her about 5 years ago.  Her ID is corijennin if you also want to check out the other scales she has in her store.

This is the scale I have, I like it a lot :) I still haven't figured out how to switch it from grams to ounces though :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal