collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Plasticizer Leaking :(  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
Re: Plasticizer Leaking :(
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 11:38:30 AM »
I beleive Twin Pines of Maine is the one that sells the cleaning products. Anyway, after washing off with dish soap, you can put baby powder on him. That should keep the stickiness away for awhile but you'll have to do it every once and awhile because it will come back. Plasticizer leaking always makes me sad. I really wish there was a way to speed up the breakdown process!
ah that's what it was called! thanks :)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Megans_Cousin

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 12:03:31 PM »
Hehe, no prob. I actually ordered some stuff from them years ago (Remove-zit, Perk and Boost) and had great success. I never tried the stuff that cleans off stickiness and grime though. Probably time to put in another order soon!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My flickr (lots of dolls!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/35518851@N07/

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
You will be best to leave him in the open. Make sure to wipe him down occasionally...baby wipes are good for this...over time and exposure to the air [i.e. not stuck in a sealed bag] the plasticiser will evaporate until it is pretty much all gone - leaving a no longer sticky Quarterback but one "hard" enough to play linebacker in any MLP football team.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kayveryn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »
well, if you want a rock, i suggest soaking him in rubbing alcohol for a couple months... no more leaky plasticizer...lol   was trying it for something else, and forgot about it... now have a rock hard, mostly bald ss lickety split...=]  didn't hurt the symbols or eyes....=]

kayveryn

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 09:09:58 PM »
id be careful using Remove-zit tho, i heard a while ago that after a while (talking a month or so) itll discolor the plastic.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 06:49:27 AM »
I've wiped it off with rubbing alcohol before, although as everyone's already said, it comes back. kayveryn, I hadn't even considered soaking ponies in alcohol! If that speeds up the leaking, that might be a good idea instead of having to wait potentially years for it to stop!

Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 11:00:18 AM »
You can clean him with pretty much anything mild that you'd clean any pony with. Shampoo will take away the sticky just the same as dishsoap or special cleaning agents.

Be very gentle when you clean him, though. I've dealt with a few cases of plasticizer loss so far, and one thing I've noticed is that as the plasticizer rises to the surface, sometimes it loosens the symbol paint (like water getting under a band-aid) and the symbol almost seems to remove itself.

He'll end up about 2 shades darker when the process is all said and done, too.

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 12:11:11 PM »
I don't have any advice, sadly, but I've noticed the BB's seem exceptionally prone to plasticizer leakage. Both my Salty and Quarterback can make suitable hammer substitutes. Salty has it really bad, the poor boy doesn't have any flexibility left.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal