collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *Accessory Swap III* - Shipping Deadline Passed...Boxes Arriving!!!  (Read 14561 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
!! Welcome to the Accessory Swap 2012 ...Part 2!!

Yup...you read it right...we couldnt resist....

Due to the speed of this after the first swap this may turn out to be a mini swap in scale but I am sure it will be just as much fun! Every one who participated last time seemed to have a blast and everyone over delivered in their boxes! It was awesome.

Again as partners in accessory crime, partypony566 and I are running this together so please feel free to message one or the other of us about anything as we go!

Whether you are a die hard accessory fan or fancy just increasing your collection you can join in...

The Swap
As the name suggests this swap is all about those little bits and pieces which “complete” your pony or playset…ACCESSORIES.
Pony accessories, playset accessories, backcards, merchandise and pony wear are all included in the mix – and they can of course be from any generation. The only thing missing on this swap? No ponies or at least only ponies as "extras"!
Its a simple 1 budget swap everyone needs to agree to a budget of $30.00 – this is to include everything in the parcel minus shipping of course.
We are allowing for a long shopping period on this simply due to the downright trickiness of finding some accessories – 6 weeks from end of sign up to international shipping deadline.
Accessories can be tricky to identify – if you are stuck – I recommend www.greatponies.com and Ivy’s wonderful www.ponylandtours.com for G1 accessory guidance [if anyone has equally good G1, G2, G3 or G4 pages as reference please post them here]. In addition if you are ever looking just for a bit of advise partypony566 and I are here to help...

So how do I join up?
If you want to take part, just pm partypony566 or I with the below personal details form…
  • Your full name
  • Your email address
  • Your postal/shipping address
  • A link to your feedback here or at the TP or other relevant pony site

The Rules

- You must provide a wantlist – as long as you wish – with at least 30 different accessories and pm it to partypony566 or myself before sign ups are complete. As well as which generations accessories you prefer to collect.
- Your wantlist can include, as mentioned above, pony wear, individual pony accessories, playset accessories, backcards and mechandise. Feel free to include loose descriptions of items as well if you are not strict on everything your receive – i.e. some of you may specifically be looking for “Powder’s crescent moon comb” while others may wish to include “any baby rattle” as part of their wants.
- In order to participate in this swap you have to have been a member on the Arena for at least 9 months, have at least 500 posts and be able to provide partypony566 and I a link to positive selling/trading feedback [you really will require at least 10 positive feedbacks as a seller or trader not as a buyer]. We may consider exceptions if you fulfil most of these requirements and are perhaps only short in number or posts or duration of membership - you can always ask!
- As per the Arena rules we would recommend you are not directly involved in any other swaps [i.e you are passed the shipping stage] at the moment or only one other at the most. Don’t disappoint anyone else who is taking the time to take part – it sounds strict but please only sign up if you have the time, patience and money to do so. If you have any problems please, please, please let partypony566 or I know about it straight away as we would rather know and deal with it than worry!
- Obviously as per the type of swap your want list is focused on accessories – however these can be individual pony accessories, pony wear, backcards, pony playset accessories or even pony merchandise. Likewise we aren’t limiting to generation of course and as long as you clearly state which generation you are looking for please include anything from any year in your want list. However your partner may wish to include the odd pony as an "extra" so there is no harm in adding a selection of easier ponies to your wantlist...
- Some people are really only looking for the very very hard to find and we would say that this swap is going to work best for you if you have a want list that covers the whole spectrum – please don’t make it completely impossible for your partner to track down anything from your list! However, you never know what someone may be willing to swap out of their own collection or be able to track down if they are in a different part of the world from you so please include even the more awkward items from your want list. Just don’t include anything which will not fall within the $30 limit – i.e no Sweet Scoops charm!
- Each swap package must contain items from your partners want list – some accessories are hard to find and can be expensive – don’t be afraid to fulfil your partners swap with one major purchase if they have said on their want list that this could make their day [year!] if you can do so inside budget or simply lots of wonderful, but less expensive, multiple accessory joy!
- Your swap package should contain some extra special pressies – we are going to ask people to provide some basic info on likes and dislikes in this post [thanks to previous swap organisers for that brill idea] – so keep an eye out for your partners post and don’t be afraid to share or ask questions [just don’t ask questions directly to your parner…kinda gives the game away!]. We would suggest the spending limit on extras be around $5-$8 of the $30 total – the rest of the budget? ACCESSORIES of course!
- As mentioned post and pack is not included in the budget. Please, please, please make sure to pack your items safely – accessories can be delicate and easily lost! Think pretty wrapping paper and how much more exciting the package is going to be if it is opened by your partner to a vision of tantalisingly wrapped parcels of pony goodness. Partypony566 and I need you to also ensure postage is as safe as possible and that you get proof of postage from which every postage method you use.
- Shhhh...this is a secret swap – although you will know who your partner is please don’t contact them direct in regards the swap…why ruin a wonderful surprise. If you have any concerns please let partypony566 or me know!
- You need to be willing to ship internationally [or at least within your continent].

The Schedule
  • 22nd Apr to 27th Apr: Pm to sign up to partypony566 or hathorcat – want lists also need to be with us by the end of this period [this time I will try to get mine in on time!!!].
  • 28th Apr to 30th Apr: You will get a message with the id of your partner and a list of the questions we need you to answer [if relevant] in order to make shopping for you a little easier for your partner – start keeping an eye out in this post for your partners answers to the personal questions [please note when posting the answers to your own questions feel free to include as much info as possible].
  • 1st May to 12th Jun: Shopping [much excitement]
  • 13th Jun: Worldwide shipping deadline [you can of course post out at any time prior to this]
  • 19th Jun: Continental and domestic shipping deadline
1. partypony566   
2. hathorcat
3. LadySatine
4. ChipsteRJ 
5. Ivy
6. mercynova
7. Daffydilly
8. Ringlets
9. FlyingPonyMonster
10. Sternenstaub
11, Kisscurl

Lets get to know one another - if you are signed up for the swap please complete these or add more details in this post!!!!!

Personal Questions...
- Do you have any allergies?
- What are your fragrance and candy/sweeties likes and dislikes?
- What are your hobbies? Do you have pets? Do you collect anything else?
- What are your favourite colours?
- Or anything else which you think will help your partner pick out some extras for you…
- And of course can you clarify what flaws are acceptable to you? And not acceptable? [broken teeth on combs, missing paint on a Big Brother hat, fraying on a ribbon, chews etc??] Please specify how picky you are and if you prefer mintier than mint accessories
- Would you be happy to have one or two expensive accessories or lots of little accessories?

Please add your own questions as we go...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:35:38 PM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: *Accessory Swap III* - We Are Back and Taking Sign Ups!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
Omg..you guys crack me up!!! :lmao:

I am going to have to think about it.  I have alot on my plate right now but....I will probably throw it in the garbage and say I'm in by the time sign-ups close.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »
I know...its bad isnt it.... :P

And you know you gotta be there lady!!!!
Loa is my love god!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 03:49:15 PM »
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEE :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: :happy: :happy: :happy: :woot: :woot: :woot: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :thumb:

Ponylady me and cat weren't kidding when we said we'd do it again asap haha :lmao: I totally know you'll crack and join before Tuesday :lol:

LOVE THIS SWAP!!!!! COME ABOARD  ADDICTS!

eta: - Do you have any allergies? no
- What are your fragrance and candy/sweeties likes and dislikes? none at the moment please, I can't have sugar right now.
- What are your hobbies? Do you have pets? Do you collect anything else? No pets.... if you are stuck on extras, feel free to add more accessories :biggrin: I do like sewing, so any lace, ribbons, unusual buttons etc are always welcome.

- What are your favourite colours? Green, orange, pink, grey
- Or anything else which you think will help your partner pick out some extras for you…

- And of course can you clarify what flaws are acceptable to you? And not acceptable? [broken teeth on combs, missing paint on a Big Brother hat, fraying on a ribbon, chews etc??] Im not that picky but I hate the chewed up look on combs :crazy:

Please specify how picky you are and if you prefer mintier than mint accessories

Not picky at all, just no chews

- Would you be happy to have one or two expensive accessories or lots of little accessories?

lots and lots! hehe!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:45:28 AM by partypony566 »
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 03:50:22 PM »
Permission to come aboard bwahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! I'm going to finish listing on Etsy and then sign up. (Because I'm already distracted)

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »
Argh you guys are going to kill me! I had to drop out of the last one the day before partners were assigned *sob* and I'm sure that I still can't afford it.  :cry:

Daffy's answers to questions!

No but I hate cheese and spiders.
I'm not a massive fan of smelly things. I quite like bath stuff but if you can smell it before taking the packaging off then it's too smelly. :P

As far as sweeties go, I gave up chocolate but I love Haribo. Nothing sour/fizzy, I also really like red licquorice.

Daffy loves mints.
As well as collecting MLP, I have a horse, Daffy - who loves mints - and two cats who like toys on sticks. I don't really collect anything else as MLP have taken over and I have no room. I do customise though so tiny paint brushes are fab, as are ribbons and that kind of thing.
I like jewel tones - dark blues, reds, purples and greens.
I love socks. My shoe size is UK7 and I take standard ladies socks.
- And of course can you clarify what flaws are acceptable to you? And not acceptable?
I'm really not fussy. Would prefer no missing bits on clothing but I don't mind making minor repairs. As long as my pony can wear it I don't mind!

Would prefer lots. I need to kit out my entire D&P army and there are 14 Hasbro originals (I can provide an exact list at some point), plus one Argentina, a tattooed Player (needs a leather jacket!) and a custom Wind Whistler and a custom TAF Buttons. If my partner is able to come up with custom accessories for the last two that would be awesome!

Elastic on accessories such as damsel hats, ponywear etc. If it is stretched out do you A. Prefer it left original even if it is stretched beyond use. or B. Rather have it repaired with new elastic so it can actually be used?

I'd rather have the original.

Do you like G4 Merch?

No thank you!

Blindbags

Not for me thank you! I don't collect ponyville either.

Favorite Pony
Buttons, Beachball and Wind Whistler
I also have a Dance and Prance army and a SLH G3 army.

When you could get a pony as extra - who would it be??
TE Sweet Stuff - I need her to complete a set! I'm not fussy condition wise - marks, trims etc are OK.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:05:58 PM by DaffyDilly »

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
OMG me me me!!!! Am still moving so haven't got time to do sign up yet but save me a space pppppuuuuhhhhhlllleeeaaaasssseeee!!!
:cheer: :frolic: :cheer: :frolic:

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »
- Do you have any allergies? No
- What are your fragrance and candy/sweeties likes and dislikes? Love gummies, sour gummies and foreign candies.
I collect Harry Potter items, like legos, Fairy tail birds and owls. I customize but don't really need any supplies right meow. I also like to draw and doodle. I have a shiba inu, two kitties and a guinea pig. I have an almost one year old baby boy, May 19th.
- What are your favourite colours? purple, pink
- Or anything else which you think will help your partner pick out some extras for you…I love CSI Miami. David Caruso plays my favorite character.
- And of course can you clarify what flaws are acceptable to you? And not acceptable? [broken teeth on combs, missing paint on a Big Brother hat, fraying on a ribbon, chews etc??] Please specify how picky you are and if you prefer mintier than mint accessories. I'm not really that picky, just no discoloration.
- Would you be happy to have one or two expensive accessories or lots of little accessories? Either or!

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 04:10:35 PM »
OMG me me me!!!! Am still moving so haven't got time to do sign up yet but save me a space pppppuuuuhhhhhlllleeeaaaasssseeee!!!
:cheer: :frolic: :cheer: :frolic:

Goes without saying! :D

Post Merge: April 22, 2012, 04:12:11 PM

aww Daffy :hug: if you want I could pair you with a non international so shipping would be much cheaper... anyway have a think :)

Permission to come aboard bwahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! I'm going to finish listing on Etsy and then sign up. (Because I'm already distracted)

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:12:11 PM by partypony566 »

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 06:04:04 PM »
Personal Questions...
- Do you have any allergies?- Latex- NO Balloons
- What are your fragrance and candy/sweeties likes and dislikes?- light spicy & Fruity scents please (candles are best), Non- chocolate (Sourpatch, Swedish fish, Twizzlers, skittles, starbursts, Refeshers, Wham, fruit snacks)
- What are your hobbies?
Do you have pets? 1 Fish, 2 gerbils & 3 cats
Do you collect anything else? Lego, Starwars, Build A Bear
- What are your favourite colours? Orange and Green
- Or anything else which you think will help your partner pick out some extras for you… I prefer if your resources are spent on accessories even if it means fewer (or NO extras)
- And of course can you clarify what flaws are acceptable to you? And not acceptable? I prefer unyellowed, un-cewed [broken teeth on combs, missing paint on a Big Brother hat, fraying on a ribbon, chews etc??] Please specify how picky you are and if you prefer mintier than mint accessories- minor imperfections are ok.
- Would you be happy to have one or two expensive accessories or lots of little accessories? Either one makes me happy, but i know how hard my list is!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 03:45:58 AM »
I'm still updating my wishlist from the last time! Oh but, how can I resist!

Post Merge: April 23, 2012, 04:45:07 AM

Personal Questions...
Artificial Sweetners - can't have them at all. Also allergic to bleach so if you clean with it please rinse well.

Fragrances - I like light scents - if it's too florally or strong it can set off my asthma. Candy's and sweets - I like chocolates - white, dark, milk as long as it's not solid chocolate. I love gummy candy and licorice.

I love to draw, sketch and paint. I also like reading fantasy. I don't have any pets, and I have a small collection of Strawberry Shortcake and Moondreamers.

Blues & greens but I'm really fond of every color.

I'm a huge Beauty and the Beast junkie - love anything Disney really. I watch a lot of Anime. I'm hoping on moving this fall so am packing everything I plan on taking up.

- And of course can you clarify what flaws are acceptable to you? And not acceptable? [broken teeth on combs, missing paint on a Big Brother hat, fraying on a ribbon, chews etc??] Please specify how picky you are and if you prefer mintier than mint accessories
Prefer not to have broken teeth on combs - a few on brushes is ok but combs it's really noticeable.

I'd be happy with either really. :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:45:07 AM by Ivy »
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
YEEEAAAAHHHH :D
I just signed up!

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
I'll have to make sure I don't pair anyone with the same partner as last time  :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »
I'll have to make sure I don't pair anyone with the same partner as last time  :P

Ohhh....thats like pony logistics...you are SO in charge of that!!

Mental work day guys sorry...grumpy and over demanding clients yet again disrespecting my pony time...I ll post you as signed up this evening if I have a pm!!! So excited....
Loa is my love god!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
!!! I told myself I'd join the next one and here you sneaky ponies are having a swap right after finishing one! I'll have to really think about it, and budget as I'm not sure I can afford 30 at the moment. :/ silly me having to move
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal