collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Grumbling about MLP FIM Plushies  (Read 7144 times)

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Grumbling about MLP FIM Plushies
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »
I want one I really do but their sooooo exspencive...I keep seeing them and going ohhhhh and the see the price and almost faint. I know they are a lot of work but why can I never find one I can afford. I hate haveing a small income. There gripe over I feel better now.

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Grumbling about MLP FIM Plushies
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »
I know how you feel! All the prettiest plushies are like, $200 or more. I plan on eventually learning how to sew so I can just make my own, lol.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bluemoondreams

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »
I'm thinknig about locating my needle and thrread and giving it a go...I'm not very good but still.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
I can make you one.  :)  I won't charge $200, lol!  PM me if you want to discuss?

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »
I definitely know the feeling. I watch like 5 people on DeviantART that make the most wonderful, show accurate plushies and every time they put up a new one I feel my heart melt... until I see how much the current bid is for them on ebay  :(
I think it's great that these people are getting good money for having a talent and making quality products but at the same time I think that it's way overboard.
I also wonder sometimes if these people are getting a bit money hungry as well by putting them up on bidding sites instead of just selling them in stock at a set price  :huh:

I wish that Hasbro would just put a little more effort into their own products and start making better quality plushies instead of the sad excuse for the ones that they have out now. Obviously fans want them, so they will sell. I just don't understand why they won't invest in a better product  >_<

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »
I wanted some of my own... so I learned how to make them! :)
I haven't tweaked out the pattern to make them completely "show accurate" yet, but I have made several that turned out almost "chibi" style.  I think they turned out super cute.

This person is selling the pattern I use - it was very reasonable, and easy to follow.  Here's her Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/valleyviolet

I'm also making plushies on Etsy (link in my signature).  PM if there's something specific you're looking for and you'd like to commission me. :)

Offline bluemoondreams

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »
it's good to know there are others out their having my problem. It's also good to see there are some people who are not trying to charge the earth. It's great to have tallent but not so fun for those of us who can never afford it.  :(

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 11:08:39 AM »
My friend kaerfel.deviantart.com does crocheted ones and they are adorable.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »
I wouldn't say that people putting them up for bid are "money hungry". Personally, if it were me, I would put it up for bid as well. I can't really judge how much my own work is worth. I wouldn't want to sell it for way less than it's worth, but I also wouldn't want to come across as arrogant and price it for way more than it's worth. I'd rather just let my potential buyers bid on it, that way it's priced fairly.

Also, keep in mind that making a plushie is NOT an easy thing. Sewing something that complex is quite difficult. A lot of the people who make custom plushies make their own patterns, and they use expensive materials to make them. Because of the time and energy required to make a plushie, I can see why they would want to be paid a lot for it.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 11:39:05 AM »
I will admit to constantly feeling my jaw drop a little at the prices....but it is pretty cool to see talented people making money with their "art" [it doesnt happen as often as it should]...and I think we all have to admit most of them are incredibly good...there was a Princess Celestia on a couple of months ago and she was *faint worthy* fantastic.

Its an auction...if people have the money and the desire then why not spend it to get something you want...

@bluemoondreams - however I completely understand your comments....there is nothing worse than seeing something on auction and knowing that it will shoot to the heavens in price...maybe you will have some luck getting a commission from someone....I hope you can track something down....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline bluemoondreams

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »
I will admit to constantly feeling my jaw drop a little at the prices....but it is pretty cool to see talented people making money with their "art" [it doesnt happen as often as it should]...and I think we all have to admit most of them are incredibly good...there was a Princess Celestia on a couple of months ago and she was *faint worthy* fantastic.

Its an auction...if people have the money and the desire then why not spend it to get something you want...

@bluemoondreams - however I completely understand your comments....there is nothing worse than seeing something on auction and knowing that it will shoot to the heavens in price...maybe you will have some luck getting a commission from someone....I hope you can track something down....

I don't dissagree with any of these comments there are just tiems I wish I could find them for less. I only make about $100 a month....most plushies are twice that.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »

I don't dissagree with any of these comments there are just tiems I wish I could find them for less. I only make about $100 a month....most plushies are twice that.

Yup...I understand! Not plushies for me but every now and then something turns up on ebay and I look at it and *sigh*...cause I NEED it, I WANT it...I cant have it  :cry: 

I honestly dont know how much a custom plush would be but there are a few people [I think Skeen posted above] who could perhaps help you out depending on your budget...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline bluemoondreams

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »

will have a good think on that I'd really lokve to have one esepcially to carry round at cons.

Yup...I understand! Not plushies for me but every now and then something turns up on ebay and I look at it and *sigh*...cause I NEED it, I WANT it...I cant have it  :cry: 

I honestly dont know how much a custom plush would be but there are a few people [I think Skeen posted above] who could perhaps help you out depending on your budget...

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 12:44:10 PM »
I know how it is - wanting fun stuff and not having the money for it. Can be a real drag. :shakefist:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »
There was a Twilight Sparkle plushie that I had fallen in love with. I think she went for over $600.   O_o   I love the talent of the creator but I can't allow myself to spend that much on a stuff animal without smacking myself.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal