collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Member ponyadore2614 Scammer - Buyer Beware  (Read 28531 times)

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
Member ponyadore2614 Scammer - Buyer Beware
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:17 AM »
Hi.
I am starting this thread to make you all aware of some scamming that has been going on in the community.

19 days ago, I posted a want ad on this site looking for a FS :muffin: Pony. I was contacted by a seller that evening telling me that they had one and that they were going to sell it to me.

I was elated. I was having a sort of bad day, so I didn't think to ask for pictures. My husband was in the hospital being operated on that day and I hadn't slept for days. In hindsight, I should have asked for pictures, but I have never been ripped off before on this site. Everyone has been really kind. Until now.

The user in question is ponyadore2614.

I had a very pleasant communication going with this person and they told me the :muffin: Pony was shipped, I paid my money, blah blah.

No tracking number (naturally) so I was a little worried. I decided to wait the 5-7 days and see if the thing actually came. It did not, though. Contacted the seller, they told me it was held up because of the holidays. Decided to wait a little longer, until tuesday of this week.

I signed onto the arena and found an auction that was listed by the very person who was supposed to be selling  me their "one and only :muffin: Pony" ... now they suddenly had three of them. I PMed them telling them mine wasn't at my house yet, and that's when the lies started to happen.

I had to contact the moderators about this because I requested a tracking number from the seller which they refused to provide. They also would not post pictures of the item, and when they did give pictures, they emailed them individually.

Please be careful of this. I have missed out on :muffin: Pony forever because of this. I don't want any of you to get scammed like this. I am a trusting person, but now I am really upset, not about the money but about the fact that everyone who has :muffin: Pony right now is someone who actually wants her. My chance is gone because this seller strung me along.

If someone offers you a :muffin: Pony, please make sure that they can provide pictures to EVERYONE, not just pming you or emailing you them. I've seen a very similar thing occurring on some other pony site, so please, PLEASE be careful.

Here's the thread if you want a good read. :) http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,293426.0.html

thanks for your time.

ATTENTION: If anyone is in a transaction with ponyadore2614 file a paypal claim ASAP. This member is a proven troll and scammer. DO NOT WAIT and escalate your claim immediately.

pop-girl
Arena Site Admin

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:53:46 PM by pop-girl »

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion Style :muffin: Pony Scammer - Buyer Beware
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
Thanks for the warning, have you left them appropriate feedback?

Offline xkappax

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »
Yes, appropriate feedback has been left, mods have been notified. I have also contacted paypal to get my money back. I do not want this to happen to anyone else. This has been awful for me. :(

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »
I've updated the post about the sale...so sad right now...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline xkappax

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »
Join the club, my friend. My husband was in the hospital when she contacted me about it, and it was the ray of sunshine when he was being operated on. And now I have no :muffin: Pony. Cried all day yesterday.

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 10:25:51 AM »
I am so sorry for you dear...
i would haven't even bide if only i knew about your situation, and believe me, i understand you so much.

Al i can give you is a huge hug!

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline xkappax

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 10:28:06 AM »
Thank so you much, SoSilver. You are very kind. :) I wanted to let everyone know about this, but I needed more information about the situation before I could say for sure. But after last night, when I was supposed to be provided with a tracking number, the seller disappeared. She ignored the mods request, too. So I just went to paypal and am in the process of getting my money back.

Sort of reminds me of flim and flam from friendship is magic when they skip town after their cider is undrinkable and they can't scam the ponies anymore.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 10:34:51 AM »
I thought it was a little odd that they swore they couldn't get their pics to work...but knew how to link someone else's photo in a post.

I'm sorry this happened to you xkappax, I can only imagine how upset it made you.  I hope something works out for you.  Worst case, would you take a custom :muffin: Pony until you can find a real one?

Offline xkappax

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 10:38:43 AM »
thank you kindly, prismatic.
I wanted to tell everyone about what was going on, but like I said earlier, I needed proof first... so I'm sorry it took me so long to come out with this. I hope no one else got scammed by her.  :( :(

The good news is that I do have a custom :muffin: Pony that the very talented hannaliten made for me last summer. it is the prize of my collection. So I do have a :muffin: Pony to fall back on. But I fell in love with the fashion style one. Everyone is kind of disappointed with how big her eyes are, but I love it.

You guys are all great. Thank you so much for your kind words.

(on a side note, I just looked at your deviantart gallery, prismatic, you have some GORGEOUS customs!)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »
I am so sorry this happened to you and it was confirmed a scam after she didn't provide you the number. :(
At least you have us to cry on and support you because we know what it's like to deal with an awful seller, whether on eBay or here. I hope you can find another :muffin: Pony or at least find a super spectacular FS sized custom.
Thanks for letting us all know the whole story.  :hug:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »
Sorry to hear about your terrible experience!  :(  I have updated the list.  Please let us know if you are able to reclaim your money from Paypal. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »
I wish I had been more pushy about my suspicion, that auction raised my eyebrow from the beginning, but I didn't want to seem like a jerk! I did contact a mod with the info I had though, and I hope you guys get your money back.

Offline xkappax

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »
thanks to all of you. You are all awesome!

I'm actually glad that she posted that auction. I suspected her for a while, but as soon as that auction went up, my heart sank. I immediately had the evidence I needed, and then I went to the mod.

The thing that sucks for me is that this auction was suspicious. Her original contact with me really wasn't... so i didn't have the blatant warning bells go off for me.

Thanks again, all of you.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »
I have something to add to this case, I'm VERY sorry I didn't do something about this earlier or brought it to a mod's attention. >_<

On April 3, I posted a Wish List in the Wanted forum. Shortly after, I got a pm from ponyadore2614. The pm said that she had the following ponies from my want list for sale and proceeded to list just about every pony on my rather long list. She pretty much just copy and pasted my whole list into the pm. Which was instantly a red flag to me.

I pm'd her back saying I was interested in 3 or 4, and asked if she would send me photos, and how much she wanted for them. She said she would send her photos to my email address because "her photos don't attach here," and asked if I thought $40 was fair. I said sure and gave her my email address (at this point I didn't plan to actually buy from her, because she was acting so suspicious, I just wanted to see the photos and see if I could find them on google or something.) But she never emailed me any pics and never pm'd me again, so I just let the matter drop.

I'm so sorry this happened, xkappax. I sincerely hope you get all your money back. :(
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »
Wow, I'm really glad you mentioned this!  The same person contacted me a while back saying that she had a lot of the ponies in my siggy lists.  I replied that I'd love to buy after the 30-day challenge was over, and I never heard from the person again.  Thanks so much for the warning!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal