collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Member ponyadore2614 Scammer - Buyer Beware  (Read 28810 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Member ponyadore2614 Scammer - Buyer Beware
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2012, 03:03:10 PM »
I would take Eskara's advice and file a report. 

There are two confirmed mailing addresses for this person. And I dug up a third.  There are also two different spellings of her name and the supposed sister.  So make sure they are all reported.  The Feds will figure it out. 

If any of those involved need either of the names or addresses please contact me and I will email them to you.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:46:46 PM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »
It's just a way to derail any kind of action. It's very silly. Seriously, it doesn't make any sense. I know I wasn't the one scammed but I just think in order to continue on with action these confusing sidetracks of "Maybe it's not her real name" or "Maybe it was her sister" or "Maybe someone broke into her house and used her computer to do scams" are all things that will do nothing but help the scammer.

This, 100%! Those who were involved need to just take the name and address on file and report her.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »
This just came up in the thread for help on those who were scammed by Ponyadore, but I thought it was important enough to post here too.

I can't believe we've forgotten about the IC3! Go to ic3.gov and file a complaint. IC3 is the Internet Crimes Complaint Center, a branch of the FBI. They take these reports seriously and do go after the scammer.  Even if you get your money back from PayPal, you should file a report with them. A crime was committed, and she will continue to scam the community unless serious action is taken.

I was scammed on eBay once, filed a complaint, and they caught the guy and sent him to jail 6 years later! I also had the opportunity to attend the court hearings AND file a claim for the amount of money he took from me. The IC3 kept me updated on everything; they even let me know the sentance- 4 years in jail.  And all of this was over a $60 text book.

Done.

She has scammed various people, and not just that but internationally: I am from the UK and T.L.Squiggles is from Australia, I'm not sure about the other victims. It's serious enough to need this extra protection.
Fight like a girl..

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2012, 04:13:10 PM »
I feel bad if it really was her sister :( But I definitely feel worse for everyone who was scammed out of money or ponies. Hope this whole big mess gets sorted out!

No offense but I really think everyone needs to stop even considering that it's "her sister".

It's just a way to derail any kind of action. It's very silly. Seriously, it doesn't make any sense. I know I wasn't the one scammed but I just think in order to continue on with action these confusing sidetracks of "Maybe it's not her real name" or "Maybe it was her sister" or "Maybe someone broke into her house and used her computer to do scams" are all things that will do nothing but help the scammer.

Please, she's not even trying very hard. She made up a random plan to make it look like it wasn't her by posting that bizarre post with all caps and it backfired.

There's no conspiracy, there's no "other person" and the only victims are the people who are in this thread.

Oh and the only criminal is ponyadore. No one else.

Eskara - That's a great story and excellent advice. I think the victims should take a good look at what you posted.
I know I know, you're probably right, but I can't forget the old saying "innocent until proven guilty". ^^;

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »
It's ok to feel that way.

Noone wanted to go around sligging names around till there was actually proof of her aliases.

She was stopped in her tracks before she could cause anymore trouble.  That is the most important thing.  And now everyone needs to compare notes and properly fill out the paperwork and file claims with Paypal.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »
I think Ponyadore's avatar should be changed to this after this whole situation. ;)

Don't look if you haven't watched the royal wedding episode yet. :)

Spoiler

Seriously, did that episode remind anyone of a certain situation that happened on here that may or may not be related to this thread? :P
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:49:26 PM by xkappax »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
This just came up in the thread for help on those who were scammed by Ponyadore, but I thought it was important enough to post here too.

I can't believe we've forgotten about the IC3! Go to ic3.gov and file a complaint. IC3 is the Internet Crimes Complaint Center, a branch of the FBI. They take these reports seriously and do go after the scammer.  Even if you get your money back from PayPal, you should file a report with them. A crime was committed, and she will continue to scam the community unless serious action is taken.

I was scammed on eBay once, filed a complaint, and they caught the guy and sent him to jail 6 years later! I also had the opportunity to attend the court hearings AND file a claim for the amount of money he took from me. The IC3 kept me updated on everything; they even let me know the sentance- 4 years in jail.  And all of this was over a $60 text book.

This is good advice :bigups:  dont let this person get away with her criminal activities! file a report and  if there is really a sister, it will be found out... if there isnt then "ponyadore" will suffer the consequences of what she has done.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2012, 08:33:14 PM »
Read this yesterday, was interested in :muffin: Pony, but it was a lot of money for a single pony so decided to not even follow the bidding.

Her attitude left a lot to desire... and answers.  Her note saying she'll leave the arena?  What was with that?  If something happened, I'd try to know and resolve what's wrong instead of just saying:  "The arena memebers are a bunch of drama queens over a small thing, so I'll just leave them to their drama and go other place" (not textual, but that's the idea, right?)

Ponyadore also argued that her "sister" hacked into her computer to do this scams, right?  But then... did her sister also has access to her whole accounts (email, paypal, etc.), that's fishy.  Also...  I don't know how many let all accounts open and free access to anyone accessing the computer, and as far as I remember, you receive an e-mail to your e-mail account when you have a PM (or that's only an option preference?  Can't remember and lazy to check =X).

I'd feel bad if it was -really- the case, but her not wanting to work with the mods, not wanting to post pics ('unable' to post the pics, but posting another pics) to show the pony, from the start, makes me really doubt the existence of said "sister".  And even if her sister exists, is Ponyadore so innocent (trusting?) to never check her accounts to see strange/new messages?  Then... why she could check and post from her work?

And now she must be really sweeting at what she has done, not only to the community in the material sense, money in the end cames and goes, but emotionally, thankfully showing that here is an amazing place, and for her karma really is a **** and she's going to meet her. 

Eskara, and that over a text book?  That really shows some people are stupid enought to think they can get away even with a "small" thing =S 

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
Ponyadore also argued that her "sister" hacked into her computer to do this scams, right?  But then... did her sister also has access to her whole accounts (email, paypal, etc.), that's fishy.  Also...  I don't know how many let all accounts open and free access to anyone accessing the computer, and as far as I remember, you receive an e-mail to your e-mail account when you have a PM (or that's only an option preference?  Can't remember and lazy to check =X).

Not only this, but she was posting for several days about her other :muffin: Pony auction on the other pony site. Combined with her auction here, it was about 4 days of running this scam over multiple websites. Supposedly all her "sister" with ponyadore conveniently unaware of the only posts made from her accounts and IP address during that time. In fact, ponyadore had less than 20 posts here, so technically almost of them would have been the "sister" since they were primarily related to the auction scam and so would the registration, which means that ponyadore never even posted here herself??? But then as soon as she was banned, within an hour she was aware of everything and emailing tinrobo about how it wasn't her, it was her "sister" for the past four days... Yeah, not buying it. Her story is so full of holes it should be a crocheted cardigan.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:08:43 PM by babystarz »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »
In fact, ponyadore had less than 20 posts here, so technically almost of them would have been the "sister" since they were primarily related to the auction scam and so would the registration, which means that ponyadore never even posted here herself??? But then as soon as she was banned, within an hour she was aware of everything and emailing tinrobo about how it wasn't her, it was her "sister" for the past four days... Yeah, not buying it. Her story is so full of holes it should be a crocheted cardigan.

This for sure ^^  when you look at it like that, everything about this situation with her sounds very dodgy.  The "it wasnt me it was someone else hacking my account" excuse is something a lot of trolls/bad traders/scammers etc  use   :(

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
PayPal just awarded me my claim: I HAVE MY MONEY BACK! :D Finally! :happy:
Fight like a girl..

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »
Thats awesome news BrightSide :cheer:  :hug:  :happy:  thanks for the update! I'm really happy that  you got your money back!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2012, 06:48:31 PM »
PayPal just awarded me my claim: I HAVE MY MONEY BACK! :D Finally! :happy:

:like:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2012, 06:55:42 PM »
Yay! Congrats, BrightSide!

I almost had a heart attack. I just checked the status of my claim and it said "closed"... I was like... wh... what? ... but then I clicked on the details and apparently I will also be getting my money back.

Yay? (spoken like fluttershy)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2012, 12:16:40 AM »
Great news!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal