collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: htf item ended early with bids cancelled  (Read 8043 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
htf item ended early with bids cancelled
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
I'm so disappointed. I was watching a really hard to find item and all of a sudden it had been ended. I thought it was weird and checked it out, yep, seller had cancelled all bids and ended it early.

You know how when this happens it's always a nirvana pony or something, never a Peachy or a Lemondrop...?
Well this was just the same but with Fairy Tail birds... a seller had a few of them listed and most of them were the typical common ones you find in auctions. But one was a hard to find fluffy tummy variant bird.
It has been on my wantlist for years. They don't pop up that often in the first place and when they do they are usually playworn. So the rare occasion when a decent one shows up it's obviously of great interest to collectors.

I contacted the seller and asked about it, hoping it was just she had find out the rarity of it and was going to relist it to a higher price or something. Wishful thinking.. :huh:
She didn't bother to reply at all so I guess that means the bird is gone.

I'm just so peeved. There are a few things on my wantlist, ponies and other similar toys, that has been there for ages, so that I seriously wonder if it's even *possible* to acquire them in a normal fair way. It seems whenever one of them is listed somewhere, it soon has a bin added to it or it's ended early because 'the dog ate it'.............

Moving to TS :) OL1
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:37:44 PM by Kiwi »
-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: htf item ended early with bids cancelled
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »
Grrrrrr......I feel your pain! I totally hate seeing this...

I just always think its silly by both the seller and the buyer...the buyer will never be able to brag about their exclusive/rare item because everyone will know they are the person who cheated the system and the seller is a fool for not letting the auction run on an item which has value. If I was selling something I didnt know much about and someone asked me to end the auction for a certain price...you would be guaranteed this would make me realise I had something that had value and I would let the auction run. So basically the seller doesnt get the same money they should have [ha ha] and the buyer has to secretly love their item and not brag [ha ha x 2]

Sorry you missed out tootie tails... :hug:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »
So stupid and unfair :(
I am really sorry for you. And I find it not ok she didn't even respond to your pn.
Hugs for you :hug:

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 12:48:25 PM »
Hate it when that happens! I am guessing it is possible that someone may have offered her a buy it now price and she accepted. She may have been tempted by that if it was a high offer and she did not know it was worth that much. It is bad that she did not reply to your message!

Or...

There could be personal reasons why she cancelled and she may not have been on to reply to you.

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 01:42:22 PM »
On our local auction/trading site, you're not allowed to close the auction once there's been a bid. I think ebay should have the same rule.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:47:40 PM »
On our local auction/trading site, you're not allowed to close the auction once there's been a bid. I think ebay should have the same rule.

I think ebay does have that rule...the problem is that the option in case the item is damaged or lost needs to be allowed in genuine cases of loss or damage so a seller can cancel an auction...and people simply abuse this system to cancel auction and claim the "item is no longer available"...even if its because they are simply selling it outside ebay rather than have lost or had the item damaged.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »
I seriously hate this kind of thing  :mad: so irritating when sellers do that :throw:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »

I think ebay does have that rule...the problem is that the option in case the item is damaged or lost needs to be allowed in genuine cases of loss or damage so a seller can cancel an auction...and people simply abuse this system to cancel auction and claim the "item is no longer available"...even if its because they are simply selling it outside ebay rather than have lost or had the item damaged.

I was wondering how sellers get away with closing an auction once there are bids. I've never tried to close or end auctions early as a seller.  I've also had ebay end auctions early in the case of bad sellers.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »

I was wondering how sellers get away with closing an auction once there are bids. I've never tried to close or end auctions early as a seller.  I've also had ebay end auctions early in the case of bad sellers.

I think it's just a product of eBay being so huge that unless a prospective bidder reports an auction for being suspicious, eBay staff cannot possibly check up on every cancelled auction because that's the only thing they would be doing. Not that they shouldn't have a staff group dedicated to this, but they aim for a pretty small customer service staff to eBay user population ratio from what I can tell.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »
Wow, that sucks !! Never happened to me so far since I use Ebay, but a few days ago I did cancel an auction because someone made me an offer, but I would NEVER cancel the auction if it had bids ! It's just unfair ! :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »
If you want to PM me the name of the seller, you can.  You deserve at least a polite response to your inquiry as to why your bid was cancelled. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Keiri

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 04:26:23 PM »
I'm sorry that happened to you! I hope you're able to discover why the auction was ended early. :(

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 04:45:44 AM »
Thank you everyone!

I agree it's strange ebay still allow sellers to do this!

Just like the New Zealand auction site, our local Swedish auction site does not allow it either. As soon as there are bids, it's no longer possible to end the auction.
If there is a case of item having been ruined or lost during the auction time, the seller will have to own up and work it out with the high bidder at the end of the auction.
Mind you, it's always possible for the seller to add information to the the description, and also possible for the bidders to retract their bid based on the added information.

-

Babushka

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 10:52:36 AM »
It seems shady. All I can think is that if that's how a seller behaves, then I do not want their product anyway. :/

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 11:13:51 AM »
Oh this is one of my pet peeves!  I can't stand when this happens. :(  I've been selling a lot of things on eBay to help bring in some extra cash and I've had so many people ask me to end auctions and give me low ball offers.  (nothing pony related so far)  I was selling two soft sculpt cabbage patch kids and this person messaged me wanting me to end my auction early and they'd pay me $40 for both.  Do they really think I'm that dumb?!  When I politely told them I never ended auctions early, they got very rude.  I ended up selling both dolls for over $100.
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal