collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alert: missbrownsboy2011/josieannclaringbull2012/jroberts0604/firstfamilyholiday  (Read 11742 times)

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Hiya

Please see previous threads about this scammer: [size=78%]http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,283826.0.html[/size] and [size=78%]http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,291793.0.html[/size]

I sold a pony item to rossjarrett2001 a long while ago and had no problems. however, I then saw all the trouble people had with items they bought and so kept away myself.

Recently I received a best offer on some pony items from a 'newbie' with zero feedback and when I accepted I found that the name and address 'rang a bell' when I sent an invoice.  I suspected straight away it was this same person.

She asked to send a postal order and I gave the address.  About a week later, still no payment. When I contacted her to ask why she said there had been a family bereavement (if true, fair enough) and asked that I send the address again which I did.

About four days later she sent me a message stating that she no longer wished to send a postal order, could she send a cheque (I dont' typically accept them) and talked about being a 'newbie' and having trouble setting up paypal.  I declined to accept the cheque and we cancelled off the transactions.

I planned to warn people here in case she starts up selling and then, tonight, when checking out new pony listings I spotted her selling under another name (!) and it looks like she is up to her old tricks so I just had to put this on here.

Proceed (if you wish to) with caution!!

rossjarrett2001

missbrownsboy2011

missbrownslots

josieann19762012

josieannclaringbull2012

jroberts0604-uk

firstfamilyholiday2012

LMK if I need to give any other info,
Gaspode

[edited to add the new ID ..again!  :)  XX Ringlets ]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:43:23 AM by Ringlets »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks for the warning/info, Gaspode! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
God what a flaky pain in the butt that girl is.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info Gaspode!

These types never seem to go away quietly!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
yep its her alright. ugh !   :mad:   I'm sorry you had to go through this trouble with her Gaspode :(  she is a pain!   thank you for posting here to give us a heads up  :hug:
this person is a dodgy buyer as well as a dodgy seller. I wouldnt deal with her personally 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Is it possible to report this seller to ebay? Or technically as they have done no wrong under this account as yet...is it best simply to avoid and warn others?

They or ebay must have closed the last account [probably for just a couple of the reasons that we mentioned before]...do ebay simply allow you to get shut down and then open more accounts in another name?

And thanks for the heads up Gaspode! I dont know how I would keep up with sellers/buyers to avoid if not for the Arena?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Not sure Cat.

If ebay / paypal chucked her off last time they might not take too kindly to her starting up again, esp as she had some outstanding refunds etc last time.

I also note she is trying to sell baby liquorice... didn't she offer to refund that purchase to someone here and then pretend she never received her back?

I also spotted that despite tellign me she didn't have paypal she is claiming to accept paypal if anyone buys from her... hmmmm!!!

- Gaspode

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
I did some investigating and there is evidence to connect missbrownsboy2011/missbrownslots/rossjarrett  with this josieann19762012 / josieannclaringbull2012
Gaspode, I would try reporting her to ebay and see what happens  :awake: .
  She did sell baby Licorice to another member here, who wasnt happy with the condition, so she sent her back for a refund. missbrownsboys never responded or sent the refund ... a month later blonde2themax posted here on March 28th (so not long ag0)

Quote from: blonde2themax
Hello fellow pony lovers,

I have been subjected to a pony scam on eBay.  I emailed the seller multiple times inquiring about any flaws my baby Licorice may have.  Miss Brown told me that she had no flaws and to bid with confidence.  So being the person I am I fully trusted her.  Well it turned out the pony had huge gauges in  her plastic body, tail rust, and cuts.  To say that I was disappointed was a major understatement.  I spoke with the seller through email and we came to a compromise.  We agreed that if I would send it back to her she would refund my full purchase.  So being as this was my first time sending back an item I didn't insistent on getting tracking for my package (although I did try, my postal service said they don't do confirmation numbers).  I waited a month for my refund and it just didn't happen.  I then opened a case with eBay to see if I could get my money back.  Well they aren't able to help me really...because I didn't have a confirmation that the package was received... so basically I had a good cry and I am at a lost.  I have been trying to contact the seller but she refuses to respond.  So basically I don't have my money or my item.  I guess that is what you get for trusting people nowadays...   

Thankfully ebay refunded blonde2themax and then Missbrownsboy went NARU in a sea of red negs.
This is very probably the same baby Licorice that was involved here  :(
I'm sure LBS will add these new IDs to the bad trader list for us. This person cant be trusted as a buyer or a seller

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
I would def. report her.  I have done it in the past.  Ebay assured me that they don't take lightly to those situations, especially if the account was suspended by them. 

I am not sure though but as long as she has used a different email address/IP address/or someone else's name, it wouldn't be to hard to open up another account.  It's just people like this are to stupid to not to somehow associate there real name, address or something in some way to their new account.  And this is where they get caught!

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
Giving this a bump up as they currently have alot of ponies listed under the name josieannclaringbull2012 and I nearly bid on one before I had has a strange feeling to check this thread for their new ID x
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
that was a close one Willa! I hope others check in here before they buy from her as well! thanks very much for the bump and the heads up  :hug:
I think I'll add this ID to the thread tital to make it a bit clearer ;)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
CRAP!!!! I am currently bidding on a few of her items!!! Maybe i will see if i can retract my bids! :( Oh no *shakes head and goes to cry in corner!*

I've made sure i didn't bid when they had the other two names, just didn't see this new one!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
:(  :sad:  :yikes:  Oh noes Spinky! you can still retract your bids if the auctions dont end today

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
Oh no Spinky!!  Get out while you can girl!!

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal