collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on disappointing purchase? PIC p2  (Read 8740 times)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Advice on disappointing purchase? PIC p2
« on: April 11, 2012, 01:04:45 AM »

So I thought I had found a minty Nightlight, finally.

She arrives and the first thing I see is an age mark on her DS leg. I'm gutted as the seller stated (repetedly) no marks, no cancer, no haircuts. I am completely aware these things happen, and I'm not trying to get at the seller here.

I paid 200 USD, wich was stretching what I wanted to pay for her, but thinking she was NM it was worth it to me. The seller has now offered me $20 off, and I just don't know how I feel about that. It would be different if it was something fixable, it's not like there is a way to remove the mark.

So, any thoughts on this please?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:04:53 AM by little.fox »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on disappointing purchase?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:14:47 AM »
If you are disappointed then I think the best move is to ask the seller for return and refund..

At the end of the day that means you will have your money back to search again for the pony and the seller can re sell...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:23:44 AM »
 :hug: little.fox

I understand your disappointment when you wait and wait for that perfect pony and it is less than perfect when it arrives.  But as you stated it does happen and I don't think anyone tries to do it intentional, don't get me wrong there are people who do.  I know one time I had a beautiful Sugarberry and I listed her as that but I never looked at her feet because I was so enthralled at how perfect she was.  Well everyone of her feet had an initial. :huh:   Thank god my buyer was understanding and we worked out a deal. 

Anyways I am glad to hear though you have open communications with your seller, that is always a plus in these situations.  And it shows that she is willing to work with you. 

The question is though are you going to be able to look at the pony and not think about the cancer mark?  And are you happy with the $20 refund?  If you answered No to either I would strongly recommend returning it.  I don't know what your seller's return policy is but it wouldn't hurt to ask. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 04:47:57 AM »
Ow that is so dissapointing :hug:
I think that of you really want a mintt one you shouldn't settel for less. Be sure you make the choice that you think is right. If you just are to dissepointed wih the age spot (which i could totally understand) you can ask the seller of a return.
I wish you luck with your choice :hug:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 05:08:32 AM »
I agree that if you really want a mint one then a return and refund may be the best way to go as the flaw with bother you otherwise. Let us know how you get on x

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
Hope it works out for you!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 04:32:28 PM »
The question is though are you going to be able to look at the pony and not think about the cancer mark?  And are you happy with the $20 refund?  If you answered No to either I would strongly recommend returning it.  I don't know what your seller's return policy is but it wouldn't hurt to ask. 

I agree!  Also if the seller won't take a return you can open a "Not as described" case with ebay since they stated no marks, etc. and the pony obviously had one. Good Luck with which ever way you decide!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »
*hugs*    :hug:  Aww noes! I've also had that happen before and it is very disappointing - especially with a mark that cant be removed, and especially if the seller stated that there were no marks  :(
However , mistakes can happen -the seller might not have intentionally mislead you and at least she/he is willing to work things out with you.  I'm gonna say the same thing as everyone else - have a think about this pony and ask yourself if you can live with that mark and the $20 partial refund, or whether you will never be happy with the pony, or the price you paid for her in that condition. If you arent happy then it would be much better to ask for a full refund and return the pony. Someone else will still want her even with the mark, so the seller should be able to resell her, and you will be able to look for another one in better condition :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 06:38:40 PM »
I think a refund of $20 isn't quite enough considering the flaw. Just for a price comparison, I just sold a Nightlight with no age spots for $140. If you were willing to keep the pony with a partial refund, I still I wouldn't think that $180 after the refund was a fair price. If the seller won't work with you, I'd return the pony & wait for a better one to come along. Best of luck with whatever you decide. :)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 04:39:48 AM »
I think I would return the pony for a full refund. $20 does not match the the difference in value between an all mint one and a great-but-with-cancer one.  :huh:

Where on the pony is the mark, more specifically? Is it obvious, like facing you when you look at the ponys display side? Or kind of hidden, like on the inside of a display side leg?

Can I ask where the transaction took place? Was it here on the arena or on ebay, tradera, private sale...?

To be honest this thread made me curious which Nightlight it's about. There aren't that many of them in the first place and the price you mentioned is kind of high even for a Nightlight.
I checked ended ones on ebay from the last couple of months and the only one that *sort of* matched the price (if you counted in shipping) was the one kitkatvintage sold but apparently that is not the one..
-

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:03 AM »

Where on the pony is the mark, more specifically? Is it obvious, like facing you when you look at the ponys display side? Or kind of hidden, like on the inside of a display side leg?

Can I ask where the transaction took place? Was it here on the arena or on ebay, tradera, private sale...?

The mark is quite small but noticeable, its on the DS of her hind leg. It was the first thing I saw when unpacking her, before checking her over. The sale took place here on the arena.

I'm not sure returning her will be an option, the seller is saying that will leave her out of pocket by $14, since she offered free shipping on the pony.

Thanks for your answers, everyone!

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 05:29:18 AM »
Oh no - that is really aweful!
Don't tell it was the high prices Nightlight from ebay a few weeks ago??

I really hope you can sort it out.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 05:35:02 AM »
little.fox - I would take a photo of the mark you are talking about and send it to the seller. That way she can see what you are upset with.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 05:42:07 AM »
I'm not sure returning her will be an option, the seller is saying that will leave her out of pocket by $14, since she offered free shipping on the pony.

Well, that's unfortunate for the seller, but that's not really your problem. You bought an item that was misrepresented and you are not happy with it. Your seller should take responsibility - and if that means them losing out of $14, then that's just part of being a responsible seller.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 12:11:37 PM »

little.fox - I would take a photo of the mark you are talking about and send it to the seller. That way she can see what you are upset with.

I would like to see a picture too if possible.

It's interesting that the mark was unnoticeable enough for the seller to overlook it and obvious enough for the buyer to be the first thing they saw.
-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal