collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sternenstaub. UPDATE: COMMUNICATING AGAIN. THANKS :)  (Read 7328 times)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Sternenstaub. UPDATE: COMMUNICATING AGAIN. THANKS :)
« on: April 06, 2012, 06:57:12 AM »
I don't understand why you don't answer to my PMs, so let's try it this way.

We had a trade, my package arrived with her, but i haven't had the one from her yet. I'm patiently waiting but asked if she could leave me feedback. I think that's my right to ask, because my ponies were as described and she said she was happy with it.

After my pony's arrived with her and she told me, no further communication. I had a second and third PM send asking for feedback, but not even a response. I don't get this, are all arena members just waiting for me to leave FB first, because they are scared i leave a negative and this way they can do it to me too?! I'm getting annoyed, as i think i deserve a good feedback. But i'm more annoyed Sternenstaub does not respond but is online posting here.

If honestly, i am very disappointed. If you don't want to leave a feedback just say it to me, but don't dissappear. I always had good contact with Stern before, but this made me change thoughts and i don't know if i want to do trades in the future, this way.

Am i soooooo unreasonable? If so, i don't see it. Sigh.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:12:19 AM by hokuspokus »

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
Re: Sternenstaub
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:02:49 AM »
I'm also having issues with her.
I commissioned a couple of customs, and she got a large box full of ponies.
Mine arrived at her place, and she pm'd me that mines was on it's way too (without first showing me what my customs looked like)
Never received anything, and after a while she replied that the box with customs had been delivered at the post office near to me. (post office is my neighbor)
Now she told me she's thinking about sending my box back to me, which means she's thinking of keeping MY PERSONAL DESIGNED customs. Which actually makes me worried because in the begin she asked me if she could make a replica of my own personal design to keep for herself. Even though I told her to send me my customs, I didn't get a reply..

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:09:30 AM »
I don't think you are unreasonable. Feedback is very important and is part of what builds your reputation so it makes sense that you would want it, especially when you did what agreed to (sale/trade/purchase) and you know the person is satisfied. I guess I don't really understand why someone would be "nervous" to receive negative feedback unless they are aware that there was something to be unhappy of... I'm not sure what went on between you two (what kind of transaction I mean) and I'm not targeting any of this towards the other person involved so I hope nobody takes it that way. I do understand how this could change your feelings towards doing trades, I hope everything works out for you though and that all of this was just a mix up of some kind!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:29:12 AM »
In a trade situation, I normally don't leave feedback until both parties have received and are happy with the transaction.  Part of being a "good" trader is how you may deal with a problem should it arise.  And while feedback is a very important part of our community, not every one leaves it (while nice, it isn't mandatory). 
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline hokuspokus

• Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:35:35 AM »
In a trade situation, I normally don't leave feedback until both parties have received and are happy with the transaction.  Part of being a "good" trader is how you may deal with a problem should it arise.  And while feedback is a very important part of our community, not every one leaves it (while nice, it isn't mandatory). 

If that's the case, she could PM me and tell me. But there's no communication anymore - from her side.
Feedback is important to me too, because i want people to know what kind of buyer/seller/trader i am. I'm not that known on here yet (as seller/trader) so that's why i -kindly!- always ask to leave me some words. But you're right, there's more people who seem to not want to leave something. Thought it would be a small thing to ask, but i guess thats not the case in some ways.

Thanks all for your responds! That is appreciated.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 08:07:25 AM »
I certainly agree that sometimes people for whatever reason just dont want to leave feedback - whether you are the trade partner, seller or buyer that is frustrating...we need to learn what we have done right and what we have done wrong. The more positive feedback someone has the easier it is for them to participate in sales, trades and even purchases.

Personally I dont think there is anything wrong in asking if someone is happy to leave feedback just dont expect that everyone will...and as cookhuman has mentioned on the Arena I know I would only leave feedback once the sale/trade/swap is complete in case there is an issue which needs addressed as "sorting out" the issue may be something you want to mention in your eventual feedback.

Have you checked to see if she has actually read your pms? I know sometimes this new pm system defeats me when it comes to new mail...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »
I actually agree with the people that say feedback should be left once both sides of the trade are completed.

But I'm sorry she 's not very responsive. I know how annoying that is. I just hope you and the other poster get your ponies!

Offline hokuspokus

• Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 10:25:22 AM »
Have you checked to see if she has actually read your pms?

Yes, she has read it.

Quote from: RockinPrettyBeatslink=topic=292520.msg139784#msg139784 date=1333724845
I actually agree with the people that say feedback should be left once both sides of the trade are completed.

Like i said to cookhuman too, it would be nice if she'd told me, if she wanted to wait till i got my pack too. Because when i don't get communication back, i don't have a clue about anything, and then it goes like this. :/

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »
Well hopefully a shout over here will get a response! Sometimes thats just what you have to do...

Hopefully shes ok and you can sort everything out...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »
I'm having issues with communication as well...

She sent her half of our trade in January, and she received mine.  I don't have MY pony though.  :(  I shipped hers with tracking, kept an eye on it.  It gave me the usual notes until it hit German Customs, then stopped updating sometime in February.  I sent her a PM a few weeks after the tracking data told me, "International shipment has arrived in a foreign country" and then stopped.  She said she DID receive my pony.  But I sent her a PM a day or so ago about if maybe she has received her package back or something, because my husband, our downstairs tenant, and I all check the mail fairly regularly and a package would NOT go unnoted.  :(  But without tracking, I don't have any ideas... 

The frustrating thing is I don't think I have all my PMs, because this all happened about the same time as the Arena moving to a different server.  :(  But I would like some clue as to where to begin...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
I am sorry to hear that so many of you are having communication issues with Stern.  It seems she has been online as of today.

Unfortunately hokuspokus not everyone leaves feedback. It is part of being a good trader but noone can force individuals to do so.  And I know we all try to remember to do so but sometimes life gets in the way.  But I would of hoped after you messaged her several times that she would of but it seems that did not work.   

LBS, so what I am gathering is you never received your pony from a trade with her from January.  I would think after that amount of time and no communication that I would look into leaving appropriate feedback at this time. I know it's hard but after 3 months and no communication it leaves you really no other choice but to be honest.

I do hope she see's and responds to this thread for you folk's so that this matter can get cleared up as soon as possible.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 11:35:46 AM »

LBS, so what I am gathering is you never received your pony from a trade with her from January.  I would think after that amount of time and no communication that I would look into leaving appropriate feedback at this time. I know it's hard but after 3 months and no communication it leaves you really no other choice but to be honest.

I do hope she see's and responds to this thread for you folk's so that this matter can get cleared up as soon as possible.

I'm hoping that this thread will jog her memory as to where the postal receipt for my pony is, or *SOMETHING* that I can do because at this point, I am out of pocket for approximately $50 but no pony to show for it.  :(  I was really looking forward to getting this pony, but I hope he isn't lost in the mail!  That would be TERRIBLE for us all!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:38:16 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »
Sounds like we have several no shows here.  Is she at least providing tracking or customs in for so that you know they were actually sent?  I hate to be that person but this sounds like a recipe for problems.

I think you should note the communication difficulties in your feedback even if you leave positive or neutral.  Accurate feedback is so important.  It sounds like they might be trying to use their own feedback as a method of preventing other users from giving them negative.  If she leaves you unwarranted negative I'd report it to the mods.  If you guys completed your end and she was happy with what she got then there is no reason to leave you neg or neu other than as a retaliatory measure, which is not acceptable as in undermines the whole point of feedback.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
Sounds like we have several no shows here.  Is she at least providing tracking or customs in for so that you know they were actually sent?  I hate to be that person but this sounds like a recipe for problems.

Sadly... no.  I checked her feedback and as she is a long-standing member of the community and also hosting a swap, I figured it would be all right to trade.  Despite my husband mentioning that I should cut back on international trades...  yeah... I've almost learned my lesson.  :(
The Bad Trader List

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »
:( wow I'm so sorry to hear that there are a number of people having issues ATM .  Stern said something about having internet problems not so long back, but she has been back online posting again and she is hosting a swap , so she should be answering her PMs and working things out with you all.   Hopefully this thread will get her to respond. It may take a few days since its a holiday and  sometimes that means people are less active here for that time, but she really needs to sort things out

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal