collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What feedback?  (Read 1720 times)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What feedback?
« on: April 24, 2012, 08:22:50 AM »
Hello! I'm not sure which feedback I'm supposed to give :/ Could you help me out? I don't want to be "to hard" and just spread negative/neutral feedback, but at the same time I know it's important to be accurate.

Recently I bid on an auktion for a G4 pony. There was no bids until I bidded the last day of the auction and it ended later the same day with my bid of $1.
And a couple of hours later the seller contacted me saying it was a mistake and that they did'nt want to sell at such a low price and wanted to cancel the transaction.
And I was like.." Why did you put the bidding price at $1 then?" But I did'nt say anything and cancelled the transaction, thinking this seller har sellers - remorse or something.

but at the same time, it feels really unfair :/ Are sellers even allowed to do cancel transactions they fell aint "to cheap?" And can't they cancel auctions with no bids on them? - This auction was up for a whole week with that starting price and I bidded the last day of the auction..

I haven't left feedback yet. But I don't really feel that I can leave positive feedback either. I'm considering a neutral, but is that fair or am I overreacting?
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What feedback?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:16:50 AM »
Well technically no they are not allowed to cancel a transaction once there is a bid.  It's a binding contract, no matter what the amount. 

I honestly would have refused to cancel the transaction but that's just me.  If she wanted more out of it then it should have had a higher starting amount.

As far as feedback goes well that is up to you.  I personally would lean towards a negative but would probably leave a neutral.  I would then state seller requested to cancel transaction because she didn't get what she wanted for the item or something along those lines.  It might keep her from doing something like that again.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline SweetScoops

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »
Well...it seems now like I Can't leave feedback anyway. Strange..It was an option just before I posted this :S

Edit: found it again, the auction went into archives.

I think I'm going to leave neutral after all. Since the transaction/buying/selling never happened.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:25:57 AM by SweetScoops »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:30:38 AM »
You can always share their seller's ID, since that kind of behavior is heavily frowned upon and discouraged in the pony community.  That way it keeps the next person "safe"!  *pony hugs*  Sorry that happened to you, it's very disappointing!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SweetScoops

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
The seller is: glowingwolf
I felt bad at first leaving neutral feedback, since they have 100% positive since before. But then I felt like you never know, people might have skipped feedback because their purchase did'nt fell through.

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »
I'm not sure what I would do.
I guess I hadn't agreed to cancel the transaction because it isn't your fault that the auctions was sold for only $1,- at the end.
When I remember back from my ebay sales - oh yes I sold a lot of ponies under price in the last years...other went for much more I expected... but that is ebay! You can never know and when you don't want to sale for less you can add a higher starting price..

It's the same sort of sellers who tell you after auctionsend that they're very sorry because they lost the item and they want to cancel the transaction...
That happened to me a few month ago. I won a Surprise Twin Mummy for very cheap at ebay - only a few $$... guess what! Around a week after I sent my payment the seller contacted me that she is sorry but her daughter has played with the pony and she can't sent it to me, because her daughter lost it anywhere in her big big house and she can't find it..
She offered me a refund + a very common pony - but I told her very clearly that I'm not agry with it and that I don't want a refund - I want only the pony I paid for...
A few messages later she told me that she find the pony but that she knows the value right now and don't want to sale it under price.. what a surprise - that was my thought all the time before...
But long story short - at the end and after nunches of messages she finally shipped the pony.

What a stupid story. But it wasn't my fault that her pony only has had a few bids..

Offline SweetScoops

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
That makes scence!  ...gesh..lost pony eh?...

Well, at least I learned not to agree to cancellations of this type in the future. I just agreed to cancel it because I did'nt want any trouble, but instead I missed out on the pony and the seller gained a neutel feedback. It's a loose-loose situation I guess. Hope the seller learn not to set so low starting prices if they're not prepared to stand by it later on.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 01:09:42 PM »
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I do hope you eventually get the pony your looking for  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 01:19:54 PM »
Unfortunately, this is a member here, so should know better!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 02:21:42 PM »
You're too nice, SweetScoops. I would have left a negative. I'll give Arena members/transactions the benefit of the doubt, but Ebay's policies and terms are very clear, and canceling an auction because the price didn't go as high as you wanted is such a no-no.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 02:42:58 PM »
I would have left a negative too! If you have a lowest price in mind, then start the auction at that price - simples! It annoys me when people much about like that.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline SweetScoops

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 03:18:12 PM »
Thank you so much for all support and advise everyone <3

If it ever happens to me again, I'll be confident to not agree to cancel it for sure.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 07:34:30 PM »
*hugs*  :hug:  Its very disappointing to hear about situations like this  :sad: . I think personally I would also have a left a negative, but a neutral hopefully will still make the seller aware that this kind of thing is not acceptable

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 11:40:34 PM »
As a seller you should list items at a price you are willing to let go of it for. I have sold stuff cheap before and although its disappointing, never thought of cancelling. The buyer bid and won it fair and square, suck it up. I would have left a neutral for the transaction, its against what most auction sites stand for, and pretty shady behaviour.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal