collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Traveling Ponies  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Traveling Ponies
« on: April 03, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

PLEASE Read all the Guidelines!!

(come on, There’s only 7
:satisfied: )

Guidelines:
1-   This thread is for advertising your interest in hosting. Please keep your post updated with the words ‘OPEN’ or ‘CLOSED’.
2-   Please post travel updates and photos in a separate thread. Questions should be PM’d to the host or hostess who advertised.
3-   Host/hostess and participants are responsible for their own ponies, so please exercise caution when making transactions. These may be temporary swaps, but you should treat them with the same caution as you would a permanent trade. [i.e. check all feedback, time as a member, etc..]
4-   Make sure you explain/understand all details of how shipping is to be arranged with the hostess/host/travellers. There is no overall guideline for this and is to be determined by the participating parties.
5-   This is for fun and socialization, not for profit. Please exercise fairness and generosity with the people you trade with.
6-   HOSTS/HOSTESSES: Please take care of people’s ponies like you would a pet or child. If something bad happens, please handle it quickly, responsibly and maturely. Your advertisement may be banned if you are careless with your guests. Please don’t take on more guests than you can handle.
TRAVELLERS: Please send a pony that is replaceable and not high-maintenance. Please package well. If you are worried about anything, please arrange care/insurance instructions with the hostess/host. The hostesses/hosts are providing a free service so please behave with gratitude and understanding.
7-   Travel arrangements are at the discretion of the participants, a host/hostess has the right to choose who they want to trade with. If you aren’t accepted, try someone else or gain more feedback through other avenues on the Arena, then try again. Don’t harass people, and be kind.

***Thank you to our awesome mods for their hard work and allowing this to happen!***

Whew! now to the fun part!
So, there isn’t a ‘set’ way of how this is done, but the main 2 ideas are: single-pony-trades and herd hosting. Basically, someone is either hosting one pony or a bunch at a time.
The host is responsible for whatever the trade entails, which is usually at least one photo op of your pony in their locale. You are welcome to do more than one photo, multiple sites and add memorabilia/extras. The details are up to you.

Hostesses/Hosts
Please post
•   what you are interested in (single or herd),
•   what your hosting includes (digital pix, journaling, memorabilia, etc…)
•   where you are and what sites you intend to visit (you can change them between swaps if you want)
•   preferred shipping arrangements (you are welcome to change this or have special arrangements via PM)
•   when you are hosting and for how long
•   whether you are open on closed

•   also consider people’s allergies, mention if there are pets/ smoking in the home, etc.
Also consider giving your guests your email address just for emergencies (guests, do NOT use email addresses for anything but emergency contact)

Travelers
Send private messages to apply for travel. Screen potential hosts/hostesses with caution. Package your ponies carefully. Read all the guidelines and make sure you and your host/hostess have a clear understanding of all the details.

Bon Voyage!!

A g4 version of my ponysona, Cameo, ready to depart on her adventures! (I am going to keep her tentative schedule here so everyone can have an example, aaaaand so I can try to keep her schedule straight)

Cameo's Travel Itinerary: (so far)
May 1-16htish -visit Hyenacub in Nebraska, USA (Done! Had a great time!!)
June- mid- visit Varkolak in Iowa, USA (There!)
June 22-29- HOME for her friends to visit and tour Washington and Portland, OR

July 4?- visit TexasGal in Granbury, Texas, USA
August 13-27th- visit Wiccanpony1 in the UK! (p.s. I would love more UK trips for my pony.)

September -mid- visit Princess-Sparkles in AUS
October ?- visit Coinoperatedgirl in Rhode Island, USA (possible 5k?)

(Hoping to visit Reyl in CAN and KittyKat7 in Florida, dates pending :)  )
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:13:13 PM by Salli »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Traveling Ponies
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:49:31 PM »
YAY   OK...here we go.

I would like to host a herd of five ponies at a time.  CLOSED

My hosting shall include loads of digital pics (maybe some video if I feel like mugging for the camera XD ) and some cheap or free mementos and information about the place.  (I will also send a little something that is completely random.)  I also will write it in a journal/notebook if you send one (please something somewhat portable--journal size is fine...whatever you want to pay shipping for C: ) or digitally if not.

I am in Omaha, NE, and will go for sure to:  The Old Market, Hummel Park, Boys Town (where that stamp ball is lol), the Henry Doorly Zoo, against some storm clouds if possible (if you really want these pics, tell me how long you are willing to wait for me to get those pics) and anything else I can think of that sounds fun.  Oh and a roleplaying game, assuming that we have one while I have your ponies in my possession.  Probably a few pics of your ponies visiting my herd.  XD  I think you can look up all that stuff online.  Maybe the Sac museum if I can get there.

Henry Doorly Zoo: http://www.omahazoo.com/
The Old Market: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Market_%28Omaha,_Nebraska%29
Hummel Park: http://ufofreeparanormal.com/node/45 and http://www.doyouseedeadpeople.org/inv_hummel_park_omaha.html
Boys Town: http://www.boystown.org/about/visit-the-village

You pay to ship to me of course.  I’ll tell you when they arrive.  I will ship back—I would appreciate reimbursement/prepayment of shipping, but if you are unable and really want to have your pony visit, lemme know and we can work something out.  C:  Also if you reimburse afterwards, you might have to wait until I have the extra moola to ship.  (International will wait longer.)

I guess to give people time to prepare, I will host at the beginning of May—and keep them at least two weeks.  Possibly three (or more, if you want storm pics).  If you want your pony home early tell me, of course.  He/she might miss out on some locations if so.  You can send them at any time, but know that I won’t start doing stuff until the first of may.  C:  I will need the ponies by then.

No pets or smoke.  (yay)  My friend/neighbor has cats though.  If you want pics with said cats lemme know lol  Your ponies will stay upstairs, not in the basement (except for picture shoots).

I think that’s all!  PM me if you're interested!  Oh and here be my feedback: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php?action=trader&id=11710  Also you can click the little number by my avatar.  C:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:41:42 PM by hyenacub »

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 11:12:58 PM »
Salli - Portland, OR

I am looking to host a small herd of ponies
June 22-29 (your pony must be here by the 22nd to go to all the sites.)
I will be visiting the scenic coast here and an active volcano, Mount St. Helens. I will also get pictures of your pony in the city of Portland at some of the local sites and with some of the beautiful landscapes, waterfalls and flowers.
If you are into the unusual, I’m also planning on going to a strange, eclectic museum called ‘Marsh’s Free Museum’. It has strange novelty things including a hoax mummified alligator man named ‘Jake’ that is famous up here. It also has a collection of mechanical wonders like a self-playing violin. I also live close to some Twilight movie filming sites if you are interested. I am also hoping to get pix of all the ponies in ‘the world’s smallest park’, here in Portland (I think the ‘park’ a ridiculous waste of money, but a fun photo op for ponies).

I will be taking pix everywhere and I can rig up special photo ops like your pony fishing or surfing, or flying a kite. Pix will be sent digitally over the internet and I can do journaling digitally or in a book you send. I will definitely include memorabilia.I prefer that you ship your pony and pay to ship it back via paypal, unless I pre-arrange for you to host my pony, in which case I will pay to ship it back. I will cover the extra expense of any memorabilia I send your way.  I will ship promptly out.
No smoking, 1 short-haired dog, but having allergies, she is not allowed in my studio where I will keep your ponies safe, cool and dry. I have more feedback on the MLPTrading Post and will have more here soon as soon as some of the swaps I am in close :D
NOTE:-I will be bugging other people for places to send my pony, and I am open to single trades after this, I probably won’t make the coast/volcano/Marsh’s for another year, but there is tons to see here in the Portland area.
CLOSED
1- wiccanpony1 (here!)

2-hyenacub (here!)
3-Brightside?
4-TexasGal (here!)
5-Princess-Sparkles (may be late)
6-Varkolak

p.s. I will be hosting again in winter with a different theme, so if your pony wants to visit, check back in fall :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:15:13 PM by Salli »

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
Yay open
I would like to host a heard of 5 ponies for august 13th -27th

My hosting will include loads of digital photos,digital or written journal(if you send one) maybe some momentos of where we have been.
Shipping method-please pay for you pony to travel to me and home again(via paypal) unless it is pre arranged otherwise:)

Lots to see including
longleat zoo
red telephone booth(like harry potter lol)
Warrior,military ship
charles dickens home.and much more

ok i DO have a cat and my partner DOES smoke,He does know the rules about smoking around ponies but i want you to know upfront.ponies will be keep in my bedroom with my heard(a non smoking room)
anyone intrested please pm me x x
places
1 Salli
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:14:06 AM by wiccanpony1 »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
Ok, I lied again. we can post more than once to bump :)

Post Merge: April 05, 2012, 09:58:12 AM

bumping?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:58:12 AM by Salli »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:43:21 AM »
Bump, and I forgot to mention that people are welcome to overlap places and times for hosting. :)

kittykat7

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »
Yay!!!  I need to work on my sign up now so I can begin hosting.  I also need to make a quick custom G4 to travel around!

KiwiSquirtBottle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 10:20:12 AM »
Howdy!

I live in Austin, Texas. In Texas, we like to do everything bigger!

I don't truly care how many ponies I get at once, but I probably will make one trip a month towards the last week of the month to go do everything with ponies simply because of time and financial constraints. Due to heat concerns, I may not accept ponies durring August or September, simply because I cannot contol temperature levels of ponies who may sit in my mailbox all day until I get home, and don't wait to melt anypony.

Why Austin? Well....
- Live Music Capitol of the world (there are giant art guitars speckling downtown that would be awesome for photos)
- Texas Capitol Building (replica of the US capitol but a little more Texas-y)
- Good eats! (why would your pony stop by here and not have some BBQ? Or we can try for another Austin food-mark if you'd prefer. Chuy's? Whataburger? With a can of Big Red?)
- Giant Armadillos (They're stuffed, and on display at the History Museum, but I should be able to snag a few pics!)
- Cowboy Boots (Ponies should be able to wear a boot or two, and it'd make 'em taller!)
- Bluebonnets (As long as they're bloomin', they're a perfect backdrop for ponies! This is more of a spring/summer thing)
- UT Tower (Hopefully you'll be down here when it's lit up, which makes for fantastic night shots)
- Mount Bonnell (fantastic sunsets, near a land mark bridge, not a guarantee)
- Requests (if there's somewhere in Austin or the surrounding area you'd like your pony to visit, please let me know! I'll be happy to see what I can do.)

I won't guarantee ALL of these spots, but we can work out a few definites if you've got preferences. If you're familiar with the city, have specific interests, or have even just heard of someplace you'd like to see / whatever, let me know, and we can work something out! (We've got some killer gardens in the area, AMAZING architecture, and so much more.) I cannot justify entrance costs to places like Sea World or Six Flags unless I'm already planning to go with my family. If I'm in the area of them, however, I can maybe take a shot of your pony posing with the place's sign/whatever in the background.

Your pony is very likely to wander home with a few souvineers (for which I'll pay any extra in shipping costs) including, but not guaranteed or limited to... Pony-sized cowboy hats, Pony-sized sombreros, bluebonnet or texas wild flower seeds, Texas candy, pamphlets when applicable. I'll also be takin' lots of fun photos everywhere we go, and think fun posed shots would be fun (ex. ponies with BBQ sauce smeared on their lips at a BBQ resturaunt.)

Important allergy information:
I do not smoke nor does my partner. My roommates who live on the other side of the house do smoke, but do so in the back yard where your ponies will never venture. I also have two cats and two dogs who will spend time in the same room with any guests, but I've never seen them climb up to the shelf where ponies hang out. I also plan not to rub peanut oil all over them, so now worries there, either!

I would prefer that you pay for the shipping back home either with a Money Order in the box your pony came in, or via PayPal. I'm also happy to work something out if we trade ponies. Again, any postage cost differences due to souvineers that I send back is my responsibilty (Ex, we estimate it'd cost $2.50 to mail out, but because of XXX, it costs $22, I'd pay the $19.50)

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »
Greetings and salutations from Rhode Island, aka The Ocean State!

Like Kiwi above me, I don't care how many ponies I get at once.  Everything in RI is within 45 minutes from my house.  We're the Biggest Little State in the Union, after all.

• We have lovely historic cemeteries, like Swan Point, where I could smuggle my camera in and take pictures of your ponies with H. P. Lovecraft's grave.
  • We have an awesome fire lookout tower, where your ponies can view several different towns all at once.
  • There's Roger Williams Park and Zoo, which has beautiful Japanese gardens, a Victorian rose garden, paddle boats, a carousel, and a massive Greek temple made of white marble.
  • We have all four seasons, and this is New England with its unpredictable weather, so your ponies could experience every type of weather imaginable.  Your pony can visit in the spring, summer, fall, and winter, and experience whatever is going on at the time.
  • BEACHES.  BEACHES EVERYWHERE.  Every house in Rhode Island is waterfront.  Ok, maybe not every house, but there's a lot of easily accessible beaches, and maybe even a trip to a lighthouse.
  • Newport - ponies can be photographed at the gates to several of the most awesome mansions, and make a shopping trip to the market place.
  • There's some very pretty fall foliage around here, as well as Waterfire.
  • Ponies who visit during October may have the chance to run a 5k!
  • We have Providence, which was just recently voted the Top Hipster City.  Your ponies could visit Rhode Island School of Design, or Brown University, or the State House, which is a slightly smaller version of the US capitol building.
  • Depending on my own schedule, your pony could visit a tattoo or body piercing shop, and most likely a pharmacy.
  • I'm also pretty close to Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots.  Ponies that visit during the winter will be converted to Pats fans.  Sorry!
I can promise lots of pictures, and if you send a little notebook/scrapbook, I'll journal their stay.  Ponies will also get little local souvenirs, because who takes a trip and doesn't come home with souvenirs?!?  I'd prefer to prepay for shipping, or if we swap, I'll pay for yours if you pay for mine.

I don't smoke, but my husband does on a rare occasion, but will not be doing it with the ponies.  We have cats, and the cats are generally curious about strange ponies and will sniff them a little, but they don't play with them.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:59:42 AM by coinoperatedgirl »

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 05:52:11 AM »
I don't think there would be much point in me hosting because everywhere that's interesting is kind of far. Is it okay though to sigh my pony up to travel though? :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »
Princess-Sparkles, we would love to have some Aussie's host! If you are up to it, and of course you may participate even if you don't host, that usually means you will be paying for your pony's 'round-trip' ticket.

Ok, now my pony needs a day-planner.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »
Ok, now that Easter is over, it's time to plan your pony's tour :) I hope the hosts are pming the other hosts so we can fill up spots. If you don't want to list who has signed up you might consider saying how many spots you have open.

Post Merge: April 10, 2012, 12:09:33 PM

Where is everyone? [crickets]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:09:33 PM by Salli »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »
Ok, I changed the rules so that we can discuss here. It might help keep the thread current. Yeesh.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »
Good idea lol  I have two spots filled.  C:  So three more spots open.  Also waiting on an Ember in order to make my hyenacub custom XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
Im finishing off my pony then shes off on her travels:)
I really want to send her to everyone so i will be signing up with hosts lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal