collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What color is Twinkle-eyed Galaxy supposed to be?  (Read 4372 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: What color is Twinkle-eyed Galaxy supposed to be?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 01:31:12 AM »
I actually have the same situation with Sprinkles - one is light lavender pink and one is more true light pink. I'm wondering if the light pink one has simply yellowed a bit with age, the way white ponies do, and the slight yellowing has simply cancelled out the lavernder-ish tint. I'm currently sunfading her to see what happens since I've had luck sunfading slight discoloring out of other light-colored ponies.

Maybe one is Mail Order? I know MO Sprinkles is a different color than the playset one.

Back to the topic::: I've seen pink and purple versions of Galaxy. Most of the purple looking ones seem harder than the others. I just chalked it up to age, storage environment, etc. Freezing cold winters in the attic followed by hot summers take their toll on plastic. :(

No Mail Order Sprinkles is a true bright pink...like Firefly pink...I have had pinkish Sprinkles as well as lavender Sprinkles over the years

I like the idea of a colour change in the plastic like a yellowing you see with other ponies which may simply have happened - that would explain some colour changes in some ponies

@Baby Sugarberry is your pink Galaxy hard? That would be plasticiser leaking so maybe the colour is down to a change in the plastic after all?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:39 AM »
She's firmer than my pink-purple (who is quite soft, only somewhat stiffer than a Happy Tails), but not hard, nor sticky as you'd expect from leaching plasticizer. I can still squish her sides with my fingers pretty easily.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 04:23:16 AM »
I actually have both versions of galaxy too. Its really hard to say why one is so pink but my MOC one is the pinkish lavender. I've never seen a pink one MOC yet so who knows! She is really pretty though:)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 04:30:38 AM »
I have two, one is pink one seems to be purple/pink but one does have age spots/cancer so that may be part of it
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 04:56:31 AM »
Discolored/regrind, hands down!!  ;)

There are a few ponies that are prone to this, they get "regrind" all over, inside out, rather than just spotwise.
Galaxy is one of them, there is also Whizzer and that flutter pony someone mentioned...

Back in the days when everyone was a G1 collector this was pretty much common knowledge, the consensus of the community.
You would see it on peoples want lists all the time. Where one of those ponies were listed, most had an additional comment like "want a true lilac one, not one of those discolored or half-half ones"

Half-half is when the head is discolored to pink and the body has the original purple/lilac color (or the other way around)

And yes, they do get discolored inside out... if you take apart a halfy even the head plug inside is the same color as the head.
-

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 06:00:24 AM »
I have both versions of Galaxy: one is the usual purpley-pink color and the other is a bright, almost neon pink.  To add even more confusion, I have another Galaxy who is most definitely faded because she is a very peachy pink and, when I got her, her hair was also bleached and brittle. I'm thinking someone left her in a window or a car's dash or something. I have comparison pictures somewhere. I'll dig around for them on my break. :)
Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »
Fascinating, I must have missed that tidbit when I was last around, never paid much attention to ponies that I already had. *grin* Thanks for sharing your knowledge, everyone. n_n  I'd love to see pics of your Galaxys, red_velvet.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 10:51:02 AM »
Found it!

Obviously, that's not the hair the faded one came with. I liked her faded hair colors so much, I rehaired her with new nylon hair in the same (approximately) colors.

But yeah, the bright pink Galaxy has no marks or regrind on her and she's the same color in and out. I find it hard to believe regrind could be so uniform, so I think that she's just a variation, since Galaxy was released in both waves of TEs, if I remember correctly.

Rose
Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 11:16:47 AM »
I actually have the same situation with Sprinkles - one is light lavender pink and one is more true light pink. I'm wondering if the light pink one has simply yellowed a bit with age, the way white ponies do, and the slight yellowing has simply cancelled out the lavernder-ish tint. I'm currently sunfading her to see what happens since I've had luck sunfading slight discoloring out of other light-colored ponies.

Maybe one is Mail Order? I know MO Sprinkles is a different color than the playset one.

Back to the topic::: I've seen pink and purple versions of Galaxy. Most of the purple looking ones seem harder than the others. I just chalked it up to age, storage environment, etc. Freezing cold winters in the attic followed by hot summers take their toll on plastic. :(

Mail Order Sprinkles is Firefly Pink.
I have four Speedy's all of them different colors... And that's not including my German Speedy - I think it's just a difference in the Batch or the Factory. Double check the symbols to make sure one isn't slightly larger than the other -I have several BBE's that have a slight variation - one with a small symbol and one with a larger symbol - I think there were two different factories in Hong Kong making them that year.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »
I have two different galaxies, exactly the same colours as your two.  One of them is from Canada, and the other is from the US, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

I'll have to check their eye colour sometime.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »
It's weird what regrind does - I often like the color the pony turns out to be better.  I like Cloud Puff better in bright pink.

I like Galaxy better in that bright pink color, too, even if it isn't "correct=" but they're both pretty.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 10:02:56 PM »
yes there are two versions known of galaxy, locket which come in pink and also purplish pink color.
 there are variant Fizzys out there, that are more like seafoam green and then darker teal green color like the tv show one. oh yeah, also speedy the first release was pale orange, and the second one was a vibrant bright orange.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal