collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What color is Twinkle-eyed Galaxy supposed to be?  (Read 4377 times)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What color is Twinkle-eyed Galaxy supposed to be?
« on: April 03, 2012, 02:51:59 PM »
I ask because I realized I have two in my collection. One is most definitely true pink, and one is pink-purple (and amazingly free of age spots/discoloration.) Besides the body color, they seem to be identical in markings, symbols and hair.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: What color is Twinkle-eyed Galaxy supposed to be?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »
TE ponies often vary a bit in eye colors.  Some have less irredesent (sp?) coating which affects the color, others just have beads that are less vibrant.  Then there are some 'clear eyed' TE ponies - that's a long story in and of itself.

Do you have side by side pictures of them?  Also, do both Galaxys have the exact same hoof markings?  Often the 'non-pat pen' version of a TE have a grayer look to their eyes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 02:55:31 PM »
I think they are batch variations. I had two that were both different colours too.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:56:22 PM »
I'm talking about body color, not eyes. n_n They both have the same hoof markings.  Sun's going down, but I may be able to grab a decent pic still.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »
Ah...not sure about body color.  Possible that one of them has faded...?  Or maybe just a different batch of plastic.

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 02:57:52 PM »
I believe its a purple pink...or at least the one I have is

Is there any chance the true pink one has gone that way due to regrind? I have seen Galaxy and Windsong both in the past which have entirely changed body colour to a bright proper pink simply through the plastic on the whole body changing making the ponies look like an entirely different colour

Alternatively the age old "lots of years" and "different batches" argument comes up!

She is a gorgeous pony either way though isnt she?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »
I've cracked both of them open at the neck (both were still sealed) and the interior plastic is exactly the same shade as the exterior.  I guess it was a batch variation then, but pretty significant. o.o

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »
Gosh - that pink one does look like the all through regrind one I have seen...its quite a batch difference there isnt it! Very cool find.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »
Maybe this explains how regrind happened?  Someone mixed up a batch, it was the wrong shade so they threw it back in the machine?  I wish she wasn't quite so full of age spots, because otherwise is a perfectly lovely pony, with almost all her eye shine and curls.
 :drunk:  Wonder how this one escaped the factory in the wrong color...

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 06:10:19 PM »
I have both versions as well- not a spot of regrind on either one. No explanation for either of these.

I am going to have to say that it was intentional. I know there are a bunch of both versions running around!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 06:26:39 PM »
Mine is a bit more purplish pink... would be nice to have a pinker version too...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »
Weird, I guess there are just two versions of Galaxy.  Maybe they changed her color mid-production to match the cartoon better? I doubt we'll ever know, but it's fun to guess.  :satisfied:

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »
I actually have the same situation with Sprinkles - one is light lavender pink and one is more true light pink. I'm wondering if the light pink one has simply yellowed a bit with age, the way white ponies do, and the slight yellowing has simply cancelled out the lavernder-ish tint. I'm currently sunfading her to see what happens since I've had luck sunfading slight discoloring out of other light-colored ponies.

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »
I actually have the same situation with Sprinkles - one is light lavender pink and one is more true light pink. I'm wondering if the light pink one has simply yellowed a bit with age, the way white ponies do, and the slight yellowing has simply cancelled out the lavernder-ish tint. I'm currently sunfading her to see what happens since I've had luck sunfading slight discoloring out of other light-colored ponies.

Maybe one is Mail Order? I know MO Sprinkles is a different color than the playset one.

Back to the topic::: I've seen pink and purple versions of Galaxy. Most of the purple looking ones seem harder than the others. I just chalked it up to age, storage environment, etc. Freezing cold winters in the attic followed by hot summers take their toll on plastic. :(

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
My purple-pink Galaxy is actually really soft, softer than the pink one, so I don't think it's just aged plastic. Have yet to hear about ponies getting more malleable with age, usually they get stiffer.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal