collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Internet grocery shopping  (Read 2424 times)

SaphTalon

• Trade Count: (0)
Internet grocery shopping
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »
Is it possible to get savings on stuff by buying on the net. Of course you have to add shipping and handling. Which if you are getting can goods or anything that is a liquid it would be costly to send it.

Any of you Grocery shop online?

The only thing I ordered was things that I like to have in my kitchen but cant find at the store like Mexican vanilla.   

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Internet grocery shopping
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »
Hmmm..... I never thought to buy groceries online. Interesting idea!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Rococo

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
I know that if you live in certain areas of Washington state (I think Seattle was one of them?), Amazon.com has a fresh produce section where they actually deliver you foods...

SaphTalon

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »
I know that if you live in certain areas of Washington state (I think Seattle was one of them?), Amazon.com has a fresh produce section where they actually deliver you foods...
Sweet! Guess where I am going to live

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »
I have never bought food online, the shipping cost most of the time erases any savings.
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:04:45 AM »
I shop for specific foods or if I need a food in bulk that I really like... such as ramen lol. Amazon has quite the selection of foods and many have free two day shipping :)

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »
I buy Mr. Skeen's Aussie stuff online.  Shipping is killer but it makes him happy. 

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 03:28:24 PM »
*Nods* I've seen the Amazon Fresh trucks drive around the seattle area many times. Their headquarters used to be at the Pacific Medical Center on Beacon Hill, now is at Salt Lake Union area. Just a little fun fact about Amazon. :blush:

As for shopping online, I kinda find it weird, I prefer to go to the store and check my produce and make sure it meets my standards in freshness. XP
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 10:19:49 PM »
actually i was ment to start doing one today cos im so sick of doing a big food shop and having the kids playing up all the time or having just my little girl with me screaming her head of and by the time i get home its nearly time to pick my boy up from kindy.
lucky shipping isnt too much over here (for once) and also alot of peeps do it over here too, i know all my parent friends grocery shop online.
its just the first shopping list you make takes ages to do then you keep the list and just change it alittle to want you want everytime you shop online.
i always do a fortnightly shop so its always huge and time consuming

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »
My brothers done it a few times, but it was for specialized stuff :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 02:58:28 PM »
I think my mom did it a couple years ago. We lived in Dallas, Texas at the time, if you'd like to know.

I looked online, and here are a few places that do it:

Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/cp/grocery/976759
NetGrocer: http://www.netgrocer.com/
Meijer: http://www.meijer.com/s/grocery-baby-toddler-supplies/_/N-3sb

I only looked at the first few Google results, but if you want more websites just Google it. :D
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Binkyfinder

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Binkyfinders-Toy-Chest_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »
I do buy some groceries on Amazon.  They have a decent selection of gluten free foods there that end up costing me less than if I were to buy it at the grocery store.  There is also quite a few regular pantry items that were around the same cost as the grocery store if you subscribed to them AND the shipping is free.

There is also a site that sells organic produce in the upper midwest area that is cheaper than the farmers markets and co-ops.  (They sell organic apples for 50 cents per pound, $2.00 for a dozen organic free range eggs, etc.)  There aren't shipping costs, but you do have to go pick it up.

Thanks Baby Paradise for the siggy!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:28 AM »
Every week....its pretty common practice in the UK now...all 5 of our major supermarkets as well as one dedicated online supermarket offer an online ordering and home delivery service...it is a million times easier than trudging around a supermarket....

I do my weekly shop every Wednesday evening or Thursday morning and then ask for it to be delivered during a selected couple of hours on Friday night - the little man pulls up in his little truck and unloads my shopping straight into my kitchen...

Its so popular over here I thought it would have been common practice in other countries as well [we dont tend to be first to anything any more over here lol]...dont US supermarkets offer this? I mean our Asda does, which is a Walmart brand now...or maybe its just not as popular an idea? I cant drive anywhere now without seeing at least one or two of the supermarkets little home delivery trucks...and "delivery" is super cheap or even free depending on volume of order.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 06:10:25 AM »
I've done a bit on amazon myself. They're generally pretty quick (you can have the order ship like within two days of ordering) and can order with 1 click along with free shipping as Moony said.

Bee-chan

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »
*Nods* I've seen the Amazon Fresh trucks drive around the seattle area many times. Their headquarters used to be at the Pacific Medical Center on Beacon Hill, now is at Salt Lake Union area. Just a little fun fact about Amazon. :blush:

As for shopping online, I kinda find it weird, I prefer to go to the store and check my produce and make sure it meets my standards in freshness. XP

With you on that. I prefer making sure that my produce is up to my standards. I also like getting some food discounted if the store is about ready to toss it ( if it's not purchased because customers deem it not totally perfect and unflawed. One strawberry in a carton gets soft, and no one buys the carton, so all of the rest of the strawberries are wasted. Such a waste! Just buy the carton and pick out the one bad strawberry! GEEZ! ).

The only stuff I DO order online is Morton Salts Natures Seasonings, by the case load. I can't find that stuff ANYWHERE in stores around here anymore! T^T

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal