collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I find this a bit offensive..  (Read 10520 times)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
I find this a bit offensive..
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:25:24 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is Equestria Daily's idea of an "April Fools" joke. Also, near the bottom of the 1st page, it says "Now accepting all generations". All the comments say things like "NOOO" or "PLEASE tell me this is an April fools joke." and "IT BURRRNS"

:yikes:
Bro.nies, why do you hate older generations? Without them, G4 wouldn't exist!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: I find this a bit offensive..
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 07:27:36 AM »
Why can't we all just get along?? :cry:

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »
Jerks. OK, the G3.5 newborns scare me, but some people love them! And look how cute Paradise looks there! I just wanna squish her.

I get that it's a joke. It's just sad that it's that extreme for people.

Disregard the Prologue

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 07:30:54 AM »
They suck. :I

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 07:31:53 AM »
Ok, I know exactly where this is headed, and this needs to stay on topic and civil or it will be locked. Thanks!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »
They suck. :I

Now that's not very nice. :| I understand that some bronies abhor earlier generations, and they're entitled to. From what I see they're not insulting people, just the ponies themselves. Let's not take it too personally; I personally don't find the joke that funny, but I'm not about to let it wreck my day! :)

Come on, guys, let's chill out a bit.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »
Ohh, sorry, didn't mean to be rude.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 07:37:25 AM »
I'm friends with a few hundred bronies on a couple of social networks, and it seems to be mostly the youngest ones who hate the original gens.  The older fans either are collectors themselves or like everything, or if they don't care for the original gens it's not because they think they're ugly, but because of how bad the 80's cartoons were (I've been lectured by older bronies on how awful the cartoons were in terms of gender stereotyping/brainwashing).

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 07:40:20 AM »
I'm friends with a few hundred collector ponies on a couple of social networks, and it seems to be mostly the youngest ones who hate the original gens.  The older fans either are collectors themselves or like everything, or if they don't care for the original gens it's not because they think they're ugly, but because of how bad the 80's cartoons were (I've been lectured by older collector ponies on how awful the cartoons were in terms of gender stereotyping/brainwashing).

Yeah, I can understand that. I tried watching the cartoons yesterday, and... Yeah, I like FiM better. ^^;

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »
To me there's nothing wrong with not liking the older gens, really it's just a matter of taste. But I felt a bit offended too about this joke , like if I'm a fan of anything else than G4 I'm a stupid human being or something. Comments like "kill this with fire!" is also tasteless, really.

And I really don't understand people who shove "Love and Tolerance" around, but only of stuff they like..
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 07:43:42 AM by amenoo »

Adoptable made by me

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 07:44:48 AM »
To me there's nothing wrong with not liking the older gens, really it's just a matter of taste. But I felt e bit offended too about this joke , like if I'm a fan of anything else than G4 I'm a stupid human being or something. Comments like "kill this with fire!" is also tasteless, really.

And I really don't understand people who shove "Love and Tolerance" around, but only of stuff they like..

Exactly.  I don't like g2, and I like to pretend 3.5 and its newborns didn't exist, but I certainly don't tells those who are fans that they're wrong for liking what they like.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 07:47:43 AM »
I actually thought the 80s cartoon were less bad about gender stereotypes than the ones that came later. But even besides that, yeah, that's just an offense "joke". I know that's a G4 website specifically, and I don't have a problem with that at all, but to imply that fans of other generations aren't normally welcomed (which is what they're suggesting is normal since it's not like the other gens are autonomous beings that show up on websites without the fans bringing them there), that's just insulting.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 07:49:57 AM »
I actually thought the 80s cartoon were less bad about gender stereotypes than the ones that came later. But even besides that, yeah, that's just an offense "joke". I know that's a G4 website specifically, and I don't have a problem with that at all, but to imply that fans of other generations aren't normally welcomed (which is what they're suggesting is normal since it's not like the other gens are autonomous beings that show up on websites without the fans bringing them there), that's just insulting.

Exactly my opinion. It's not wrong having a FiM centered website, but it's wrong to make fun about the other gens and the people liking them. I'm checking EQD if I want new info about fiM, not to be bashed because I like older gens :/

Adoptable made by me

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »
The viewers for that webpage mostly do not like other gens. They don't have to. It's a cute joke. That's all. Why bring it over here to complain about? Let them be. I didn't see them singling us out, but we have to single them out?

There is plenty of hate on stuff here anyway. It's not like this forum is full of love either.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 08:00:02 AM »
Yeah, what can ya do?  Haters gonna hate.

I think something like a "clan-like" behavior is going to trump civility, unfortunately.  Being nasty towards the older gens is condoned, so more people will engage in it.  Plus, the anonymity of the internet often instigates rude behavior, because there are virtually no consequences for being so. 

As much as it annoys me that the rude bro.nies are "biting the hand that feeds them," or holding double standards on the "love and tolerate" philosophy, I still have to acknowledge that most of them are doing so because they're simply a product of their environment.  Without genuine, "real-life" communities around in the U.S. in the last several decades, most don't ever have the opportunity to adopt and practice better, more civil behavior, because they're not regularly exposed to it.  More significantly, they don't have to be civil, so they are not.  It's an unfortunate reality that we live in nowadays; it won't last forever (because it can't, frankly) but until then such behavior will continue as long as people can get away with it.   :rolleyes:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal