collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible Tail Rust on Pony from Ebay Win  (Read 1189 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Possible Tail Rust on Pony from Ebay Win
« on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »
So I won this pony:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290726356979?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And when I was looking at the listing for sellers instructions for payment, I think I noticed tail rust in the pic?  Anyone else see it?  The seller says the pony is in "good condition." 

If it is tail rust, should I go thru with payment or ask for my win to be cancelled?

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Tail Rust on Pony from Ebay Win
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »
It does look a bit rusty, at least on my screen.

I'd contact the seller about it. If they still expect payment even thought the item is not in the condition it was advertised in, contact eBay customer support.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:56:37 PM »
It looks a little rusty on my screen too.  :(

Honestly though that was a nice price for her and tail rust can easily be fixed.  But ultimately it is your decision. 

If you decide you don't want her, I would just message her politely and say you noticed after you won that the pony has tail rust.  And if she would agree to cancel the transaction.  If she does not agree then you always have the option to resell her here to someone who knows and is willing to fix the rust.  I am sure there are peeps who would.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »
Well, the seller didn't say she was perfect, they just said "Pony is in good condition. Please see pictures. Message my with any questions." The picture shows the rust, and if you didn't ask any questions in advance I don't think you should cancel the transaction. Thats a good price for her, and tail rust is an easy fix. Heck if you don't want her I'd gladly buy her from you for that price :P

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »
Thanks for responses.  It is a good price so I think I will just pay for her.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »
I agree it is a good price for her.  A lot of sellers who don't collect, won't really be wise to flaws such as "tail rust" or "cancer."  That seller might consider any pony with all its legs and 50% of its paint still intact to be in awesome condition.

I think we have all gotten spoiled buying from other collectors, lol!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 08:14:13 AM »

I'd contact the seller about it. If they still expect payment even thought the item is not in the condition it was advertised in, contact eBay customer support.

It is as advertised. It's in good condition and you can clearly see the issue in the photo.

I'm happy the op decided to continue with the transaction. But ultimately, if a buyer doesn't notice something in the photo it's their fault. You can't bid and then go "I noticed a problem I missed and have decided to not pay you".

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 01:54:32 PM »

It is as advertised. It's in good condition and you can clearly see the issue in the photo.

I'm happy the op decided to continue with the transaction. But ultimately, if a buyer doesn't notice something in the photo it's their fault. You can't bid and then go "I noticed a problem I missed and have decided to not pay you".

Yep, a buyer needs to go over the pictures very carefully.  Even if the description says, "Good Condition", if pictures are provided that show tail rust, the buyer should behave as if they know there is tail rust... because the seller did show them! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
Yeah there is definitely tail rust on that pony, but it is visible in the pics, and non collectors arent always aware of these issues ;)   Thankfully the price you paid is good, and the tail rust is an easy fix , so hopefully you wont be too disappointed with your pony :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal