collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would this be a rude question (about a custom purchase)?  (Read 671 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Would this be a rude question (about a custom purchase)?
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:27:58 PM »
I purchased an cute yarn custom applejack-- not here, somewhere else.

I think she is the absolute cutest. My only "issue" is  the yarn is a VERY saturated orange. So saturated, that she does not fit in at all with my small G1+G4 Applejack collection. I am sad about it. I don't find myself to be a "color accurate" person, or even a picky person... but she just looks weird with the others.

Do you think it's rude to ask for a second custom (full price), with a softer orange that is closer in color of G4 applejack?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: Would this be a rude question (about a custom purchase)?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 02:46:23 PM »
I don't think thats rude at all. If I was that seller I'd offer you another one with a discount, or even to swap it over for you. You would expect a custom of a certain character to be the correct colour, wouldn't you?

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
If it is that far off I think you are within your rights to send it back.  If the colors are that bad it isn't really applejack.  They could always resell.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 03:13:19 PM »
Oh. I couldn't imagine sending it back. I just want one that can fit in without sticking out like a sore thumb. And I imagine I could take the burden on selling the 'saturated' one. She's cute as a button, and I'm sure there would be people who would love a more vibrant version. I mean she looks like Applejack but I guess this ends up being a personal preference that she is a softer orange like she is in her toy versions.

But thanks for the replies. :3 It gives me more confidence to ask. I seem to be on a streak of offending people with questions lately (even though I don't intend to offend). I just wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »
 I dont see any reason why the seller should be offended if you ask her to make you another one in softer tones :) . Its another commission for her so that isnt a bad thing . I think if you dont want to mention the situation about the color of the first one to her, then I guess you could  just message her and tell her how cute you think the first one is, and that since you collect AJ, ask if she would be able to make another one for you, -but slightly different - for your army ;)  then go on to mention what kind of colors you'd like :relaxed:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal