collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TE Bright eyes rarer than Mimic?  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
TE Bright eyes rarer than Mimic?
« on: March 30, 2012, 06:53:03 AM »
I have only really just realized this, but I actually rarely see Bright eyes anywhere. Yet Mimic seems to be all over the place. Do you think Bright eyes is much rarer than all the other Twinkle eyed ponies even Mimic? Has anyone seen a MOC Bright eyes?? My friend found me a baity Bright eyes last year and I personally think I got extremely lucky with her. I do want a really nice one someday, but I think that'll be a challenge. Anyway just thought I'd ask what people thought. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Babushka

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: TE Bright eyes rarer than Mimic?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:05:41 AM »
Well, I think they both were part of the more limited TE line. I think it is Mimic's popularity that brings her up. Bright Eyes does pop up now and then without much trouble on Ebay.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 07:07:32 AM »
I posted about this a few weeks ago too! I can never find her in good condition and because she's popular she either sells really quickly or goes for higher than I am willing to pay. I think she's a pretty rare pony!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:07:56 AM »
yes I've seen MOC Bright Eyes -don't own a MOC one unfortunaly, but I do have two loose sitting on my collection shelf. I don't think Mimic is any rarer than the rest of the set but more sought after
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

kittykat7

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
I have recently sold both of my MOC Bright Eyes and I have two open Bright Eyes... yet I have never come across a Mimic (well other than my MOC one).  So that's 4 Bright Eyes to just one Mimic. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 08:16:20 AM »
Yes...I posted on this in the recent Locket thread...I actually think all of them are equally tough to track down from that set [maybe except for Speedy due to her presence in the earlier set as well]

If you do a search on ebay of ended auctions within 4 weeks you will probably find as many Mimics as you can Quackers and Locket and Bright Eyes

The major difference is "sought after" verses "rare" - just because everyone wants something and people are willing to pay a certain price for it doesnt mean it is rare it just means more people want it...there are plenty of ponies which are tougher to track down than Mimic but they are no where near as expensive. And I think this rule expands into the TEs set itself - the focus, the talk is always about Mimic which raises her profile and leaves the others a little in the shade...therefore perception because of her high price is that she is "very very hard to find" in comparison to the others where as the fact is she is just more sought after then them. At least thats my current theory!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »
Can't be that rare, I mean, I have her!
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 08:59:06 AM »
Yes...I posted on this in the recent Locket thread...I actually think all of them are equally tough to track down from that set [maybe except for Speedy due to her presence in the earlier set as well]

If you do a search on ebay of ended auctions within 4 weeks you will probably find as many Mimics as you can Quackers and Locket and Bright Eyes

The major difference is "sought after" verses "rare" - just because everyone wants something and people are willing to pay a certain price for it doesnt mean it is rare it just means more people want it...there are plenty of ponies which are tougher to track down than Mimic but they are no where near as expensive. And I think this rule expands into the TEs set itself - the focus, the talk is always about Mimic which raises her profile and leaves the others a little in the shade...therefore perception because of her high price is that she is "very very hard to find" in comparison to the others where as the fact is she is just more sought after then them. At least thats my current theory!

It's a good theory you got there! :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »
There are about the same number of them about, as they were sold in equal numbers from that set.

I think Mimic shows up more because she is the first pony people sell when they need quick cash.  So you are seeing a lot of the same Mimics, they are just changing hands more.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 09:25:02 AM »
I actually got lucky and bought a really nice Bright Eyes in super good shape for 8.50 at a antique store a week ago. I never have seen a Mimic though.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »
There always seems to be one pony in most groups (especially second sets) that's perceived as being more rare or valuable than the others, and therefor seems to sell for at least twice as much.  For example:

Mimic (from 2nd set of TE's)
Cha Cha (from 2nd set of Friends)
Munchy (from 2nd set of TAF's)
Crumpet (from 2nd set of SS's)
Cool Breeze (from 2nd set of Wingers)

See what I mean?
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »
I think that Bright Eyes is harder to find in mint condition. I think mine has some stains or cancer, but she's really beautiful.

I agree with the others who say that Mimic probably looks like she crops up more because everybody is like "OMG Mimic" so there's a lot of publicity around her. :)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 11:25:46 AM »
Bright Eyes, Quackers and Mimic were not sold in Europe (that I know of), so they tend to be less common because they had a more restrictive release. Sweet Pop falls into this catagory as well actually! Locket, Tic Tac Toe and Speedy were all sold in Europe as well as the US, so there are more of them about.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 11:28:12 AM »
Mimic - Rare to find for under $5. ;)
Other then that, not rare. I don't think any of that set are rare, unless you are really choosy about condition. The harder bodied ones are more prone to scratches/scuffs on the paint. and of course some kind of damage to the finish on the eyes.

I have found bright eyes one of the more difficult ones to get in NM condition. Because of the tendency of her bodycolour to be on the surface. I would have said Mimic, simply because it would be a lot of attempted snipes. but I upgraded mine to a wonderfully pristine one I found at a toyshow for around $5.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 11:31:39 AM »
Rarity has squat to do with value. If only 500 of something were made and no one wants it, it's not worth anything. It's all about demand.

I have a blag about ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal