collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: number of Arena members?  (Read 612 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
number of Arena members?
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »
I have to write about an organization of which I am a member for one of my classes.   :P   Blech!  Don't feel like writing about work.  Haven't really been very active with sports lately, so I guess I shouldn't talk about that either.  So I think I'll write about the Arena!

How many members are there total?  And how many are currently active (have put in some sort of appearance within the last, oh, I dunno, say 6 months or so)?
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: number of Arena members?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:13:41 PM »
At the top of the page there is a line of links, the second to last one is 'members'. According to that, we have 9083 members (as of this post)!

I have no idea how to tell you how many are active though. I am positive it's a far smaller number. Recently I was randomly having a look through the member list and noticed TONS of names with 0 posts. So many people sign up and then never take part in all the fun...odd, isn't it? That plus all the people who only posted a few times, PLUS all the people who don't post anymore or left the community...I'd bet that only a few hundred would be counted as 'active' based on your time frame of having posted in the last 6 months.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:16:41 PM by PinkRosedust »
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:41:43 PM »
That's a lot!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
I think there is a massive difference between those who are active and post in the boards or people who lurk or who sign up to sell/buy/trade...but I think thats what makes it such a varied community - everyone goes about collecting and being an Arena member in their own way dont they...lol...I know I like to talk [get into trouble for that in real life so some of the excess talking energy has to travel here]!

It would be interesting to know of the nearly 10,000 registered members how many are actually active...

I think it would have to be a guessing game! I ll go with 4500ish!

Higher or lower anyone?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 06:53:41 AM »
I'd have to guess lower. I think there's a lot of lurkers, but I'd guess about 1,500 that actively post at least once a week...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal