collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Deflocking without Harsh Chemicals?  (Read 694 times)

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
Deflocking without Harsh Chemicals?
« on: March 27, 2012, 05:03:48 PM »
(sorry if this should be in customs~)
Are there any guides/tutorials to deflocking without using jasco or acetone floating around? Has anyone really had success with like Super hot water or anything like that?  I thought I recall a thread on the old arena about this, but I'm drawing a blank.  Pic are very welcome!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Deflocking without Harsh Chemicals?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »
People have managed to safely deflock a pony with super hot water and rubbing alcohol, it just takes more time and plenty of patience. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »
It depends on the pony, and the quality of the glue that was used. I've had some too stubborn for acetone, and others almost deflocking themselves in my hands while I was GENTLY cleaning them with soap lather and lukewarm water. If you happen to find one with really weak glue, I'm sure the alcohol could work.

Offline McKinley

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:55 PM »
I've had success just using rubbing alcohol. It takes some time and patience, but (to me) it beats using the harsh chemicals. Plus it doesn't seem to affect the symbol/eye/blush paint.  :)

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 03:16:51 AM »
It depends on the pony, and the quality of the glue that was used. I've had some too stubborn for acetone, and others almost deflocking themselves in my hands while I was GENTLY cleaning them with soap lather and lukewarm water. If you happen to find one with really weak glue, I'm sure the alcohol could work.

I agree with this. It really depends on the pony. I've had some who have taken me days or hard, hard work, even using paint stripper and acetone, while others will come clean after a hot bath. I don't think there's a really *reliable* way to do it without using chemicals.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 03:29:27 AM »

This hits the name on the head perfectly...it completely depends on the glue. Some ponies just need hot water and some perseverance...others have clearly had the glue blasted on to them by a nuclear furnace and nothing but paint stripper or jasco is getting it off..
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal