collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you create your ponysona?  (Read 11003 times)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
How did you create your ponysona?
« on: March 27, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »
I've been thinking of creating a ponysona, but it's so hard! There are two many things that "define" me, you know? So, I ask you, how did you create your ponysona? What prompted you to pick colours, symbol/cutie mark, and a name?

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How did you create your ponysona?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 03:02:56 PM »
I used my favorite color, green, for her body, she has the same hair color as me, I made her cutie mark a pencil making pixels because I like to draw with pencil and make digital art, and I added glasses, ta-da! Me!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »
Mine is sort of a combination of Nightmare Moon and Twilight Sparkle, my favorite and 2nd favorite characters in FiM as you can see with my avatar. Of course, I darkened the colors and gave her a different cutie mark.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 03:48:06 PM »
Mine's actually the MLP form of the persona I use in many places online. When I created her originally, I chose colors with special meaning to me so I could tie in a lot without making her cluttered or complex. When my son was born, I added the black bracelet to represent things relating to him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When I got into FiM and signed up here, I just combined human Sakura and otter Sakura. Her cutie mark was pretty easy to decide. I'm a photographer and consider myself pretty good at it, and since I've had writer's block (my other big talent) for a few years I went with photography. I chose my favorite camera, my Polaroid camera.

Her breed took some time to decide on, though. At first I wanted her to be a unicorn, but then I realized a pegasus was perfect as I've wanted wing tattoos since I was 12 or 13 and have wanted wings since I was 5, lol.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:49:31 PM by Taxel »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »

Like Taxel- mine was a spin off of a persona that I typically use everywhere. (Aellos :D).
On games, and when I draw her, she's got wavy red hair, but not much of a personality outside of the "she's a warrior" on MMOs.

When I went to draw a pony version of her I had to think up a name and cutie mark. For some reason I went and took the aspect of myself that she loves to cook. (I love to cook- I just don't have the energy to do it all the time). She's not quite an image of me, but kinda what I'd like to be really. (I have a seperate pony for who IS me).

Thus, Red Pepper was born. :D And I gave her a slightly flighty personality because...well in public I'm a bit flighty and absent minded. And that kinda lead to her being a pegasus...just 'cause I like pegasi. :D
And somehow she lead to me developing Aellos a bit more:

I'm still bouncing back and forth for my own depiction of myself in a pony though. My most recent adaptation has a paintbrush cutie mark, but art isn't my career. But I can't quite think of a cute cutie mark for Microbiology. For now I just gave her a stripe of teal in her hair because I want to do that. She's a unicorn because well...she can do finer moter stuff like art and such. And then of course the necklace is an emerald like my engagement ring.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 04:09:39 PM »
My persona, although I never use her, is named Quaver. Because my second name is Crisp and I love singing! (a quaver is a type of note). Then I tried to make a cutie mark around that and my love for going fast, and then I picked some colours! I'll get a pic up if I can find one of her! ;)

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
I'm not very creative and, to be honest, I don't usually come up with OC's for series that I'm into. My ponysona, Sprinkles, is just based on my first pony, which was a Boley fakie. I gave her a cupcake cutie mark instead of her original balloons because the balloons were too similar to Pinkie Pie, LOL.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 04:25:55 PM »
Found her!

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 04:40:23 PM »
My ponysona ended up being the first custom pony I did. I started to draw her and do more customs of her that people here started to call her my ponysona XD She has no relation to my persona who is a pink wolf.

Seafoam right now is an unknows in what she can do and such as her symbol is well really it doesn't give off any idea for her XD

I forgot the symboling on her hooves XD

Like I said, a lot of people started calling her my sona so she became one XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 08:34:43 PM »
Well... my "ponysona" is named Musemallow, inspired by my love of the arts and the fact that I'm overweight. I love earthtones, so she's green and brown. The feather quill and ink well also remark on my love of writing, and the fact that she/I am a unicorn refers to my love of fantasy and magic. :)

I thought of creating a ponysona as making something that's a combination of who you are and who you would like to be.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 08:49:33 PM »
Mine is Comet Tail Twirl!  I took my two favorite colors and my favorite type of pony! I also really love stars and celestial objects. So, I thought it would make for a neat ponysona!

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
Oh gosh, tough choice x_x You'd have to ask me when I was four, when I play pretended as the same white flying unicorn. I do remember choosing white as a symbol of encompassing all colors sometime later, maybe 8 or so. I loved rainbows, and prisms, and I knew by then that white light had all the rays of colors, and I liked that idea.

As for being a flying unicorn, I cannot remember how I came to know that- probably Lisa Frank.

But yeah... they were all based on my personal love of colors. As for personality, she's based off myself. :)

EDIT: She is my avatar. She's wearing the Rainbow of Light locket, reference to the G1 pilot episode, my favorite pony animation ever. I went with the idea that this locket is a secret thing to be passed down an ancient lineage in Ponyland. ^_^
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:06:25 PM by StarDragon »

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:25 PM »
I tell ya, I could make so many ponies based on the different facets of my personality!   But Stellarina is probably the most succinct summary of my self.

First of all, I picked Unicorn since I'm a sort of head-in the clouds intellectual.
Second, deep purple and tealish colors are my favorite hues, so if I'm going to be a bright fancy pony, may as well indulge them to my heart's content!
I went with wavy hair, because I've always wanted wavy hair!  Not too curly, but definitely not straight.   I'm sure its not as awesome as it seems, but hey, its fantasy time!
My mark... well I love to collect things, and I like how physical objects could tell a story.  In a hypothetical pony town, Stellarina would own a secondhand store, only buying items that are magical and/or have a rich history, which she then divines for her own pleasure before selling.  So I tried to conceptualize the hidden treasure concept as a star in a satchel. 

Stella was the name of a Harry Potter fan character of mine, so I felt it plenty fitting for a unicorn.  Especially with the appended -rina to make it cuter and catchier.   So that's what makes Stellarina!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:29:47 PM by KtKat »

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 09:30:38 PM »
Mine very much stems from my love of and bond with guinea pigs. She's white with a reddish brown mane and tail because my beloved Atomic Fireball was reddish brown with white markings. Cavy's a unicorn so that she can use magic to have the ability to talk with her beloved guinea pig companions all of whom are the guinea pigs I used to have before they passed on. Her eyes are green because mine are green. Her mark is a black guinea pig because I like black and guinea pigs. Her name is Cavy because that is the other species name for guinea pig.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
I like pink... I have a quill pen tattoo... end of story XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal