collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you create your ponysona?  (Read 11004 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How did you create your ponysona?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 09:51:58 PM »
Lemon Twist is just some colors that I love and a pegasus, because I think being a pegasus would be the best of all the options. She doesn't have a cutie mark yet because I don't know what would symbolize me the best!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 11:21:45 PM »
It took forever for me to think of mine too! So many personalities to consider. I'm a costume designer and I love art and history. I kind of thought of my pony-self as a cousin to Rarity (a fashion designer) and Rarity's three diamonds inspired me, so I chose 3 cameos and designed kind of an antiquey pattern. I usually paint my ponies ivory, no clue why, but it goes with my studio/workshop nicely. Maybe because it also looks 'aged'. She has goldish/hazel eyes like me and dark brown hair, with a stripe of dark red (my favorite color) in her hair. I ended up naming her Cameo, which is in honor of her cameo cutie mark, but it also kind of references movie 'cameos' (I hope to do costume for film someday). She's an alicorn because I have always felt 'magical'.

Another ponysona-developing quest:
I made a pony for my best friend last year and I painted her pink because she LOVES pink, and I gave her the same light brown hair, but she ended up looking like a sunburned pony-version of my bestie. I also put kind of a swirl of cutie marks on her because of all the things she's good at and loves. I thought it would be cute. I am NOT happy with it. Then I saw the FiM episode where Apple Bloom gets 'cutie pox' which made my dissatisfaction worse.
I have since thought about it and realized that the cutie mark for my friend should be a golden heart maybe with an open book, because her strongest points are that she is such a phenominally great friend to everyone and she is so smart and loves information. (And she wanted to be an Earth pony.)
I intend to steal her pony back and re-paint her, don't tell her.

The amazing artists who customize adoptables here at the Arena have great check lists to help you start. Sometimes taking one question at a time is best. Also, maybe color some blank coloring-book pony templates would help you play with it. Maybe an idea sounds great (like painting a pony pink!) but doesn't work with the hair color or whatnot.
Some of those questions are, if you were a pony:
1) What type of pony would you be? (Earth pony, Unicorn, Pegasus, Alicorn)
2) What color would you be? (Take patterns into account, like appaloosa patterns, stripes, argyle, etc...)
3) What color of hair would you have? (Think about stripes, texture- wavy, straight, dreds, etc...)
4) What would her cutie mark be? (Try to think of what your strongest parsonality trait is, your strongest talent and your main, long-term interest)
5) Other details/ accessories?

Good luck!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 01:25:38 AM »
I think Flash Frame was born in the cinema..  :satisfied: Film is what I am most passionate about so I decided to go with that when creating my pony.
I don't really have a favorite color. The purples just came to be after a lot of experimenting. I gave her spots/freckles because I think they are cute and I have a lot of freckles. Her bow is also a little bit of myself as I tend to wear bows in my hair. She's just an earthie since I didn't think her "theme" required any special abilities.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:35:49 AM by stopxmotion »
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 01:55:56 AM »
Well... Mine is really simple now. (she used to not be as simple in design)

Here's Neko

Post Merge: March 28, 2012, 02:00:36 AM

Well... Mine is really simple now. (she used to not be as simple in design)

Here's Neko

And how did I get there?
Well, from the beginning she was a pegasus with also white gradients on the feathers. Also, she had a pink and a white stripe in her mane.
I changed that tho when I broke up with my ex, as she didn't really feel like... me anymore. light pink was still my fav colour, but I didn't want the wings. I felt like I had gotten closer to myself, and with my feet firm on the ground for the first time in years, so a pegasus fluttering about in the sky... not so much. I neer liked heights anyway.
As for the hair... it looked better with plain brown.
The white gradients on ears, legs and muzzle... I don't know if that's going to be around for long, either.
The cat has always been there. People have always said I'm a bit like a cat, and I really really like cats.
Nowadays neko always has that baby blue bow in her hair, too. I guess kind of to incorporate my love for hair accessories? I often have bows in my hair. not just blue
neko also has my hair colour.
And also, she is shorter than other ponies. Because I'm quite short.
Neko's hairdo is kind of my hairdo.
And (as you can see in the first pic) she has fangs. That's because I have "derp teeth" ( my two upper canines are... well they stick out a tiny bit and are shorter so I keep biting myself with them. David says they're my fangs.)
you can see the "fangs" here. (also, David before he cut his hair)

And here are Neko and Daf (david's). His was simply - he needs to be taller than the average pony, he wanted to be a unicorn, blue is his fav colour, he drinks huge amounts of tea (like me), his tail ahs some curl to it as his hair naturally does, and his mane is the hairdo he has now. also, he has sideburns. I'm proud - he came up with him himself. And it was almost the exact design I made for Daf way back, which I don't think he's ever seen xD
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:00:41 AM by miss_tuneful »

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 02:03:29 AM »
well, emuels color is the color i like the most in real horses color combination.

also, one white "sock" stands for luck in medieval times, said wikipedia. the white dots are there, because most mammals have sort of spots there for thier "eyebrows", and i love drawing anymals, especially lions. ;)
 the cutie mark is a smiley i used to draw a lot on EVERYTHING! XD aand it glows, because i love glowing things.

i guess, an important thing is, dat you ponysona isnĀ“t overloaded.
for the colors, think about this rule: 2 colors which are close + one contra-accent. for example your personas colors are greenish and bluish, why nod add something reddish as accent? like pink or orange?
accents are important, and even if you just use them in the eyes and maybe some thin streaks, it hold the design together and prevent it from looking too flat. ;)

now to the markings, i think, also here, lesser is more. i set myself the rule: never use more than 3 markings!
there may be a bunch of stuff you like in colors, markings, and so on, but then, create more personas and then look at them, which attributes are your favorites? choose 3 of them and combine again. ;)

for example, my other persona Hedonism:

i have 2 simple markings. the freckles and the yellowish wings.
for the colors she has white, and two pastell tones, mint and rose. the contra-point is the vibrant yellow. also, i have rose, orange and yellow from the warm side, white as neutral and the mint as cold color. but i have to admit, the rose is a cool tone too. ;)
the "mutations" are just the wings, in this case. but also cloven hooves, a horn and a unicorns tail look great together! just keep these "mutations"/attributes in the number of three.

well, i am by no means an expert and you can do your design any way you want. i just thought of these "max. of 3"-rule as usefull.
Hope this was usefull! XD
 with best regards,
anna

edit:
ahhw,  miss tunefull, your customs look so cute, and the picture of you and david is so great! XD
yay for real-body marks! XD great ide with the "fangs", i should add my eyebrow-birthmark in a further disign too. this makes things personal and unique. ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:08:23 AM by emuel »
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Sweet Leaf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 02:08:56 AM »
Mine is pretty much a Ponification of my regular fursona Mint:

Heres some amazing artwork of my ponyself done by a very talented artist:

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 04:02:39 AM »
ahhw,  miss tunefull, your customs look so cute, and the picture of you and david is so great! XD
yay for real-body marks! XD great ide with the "fangs", i should add my eyebrow-birthmark in a further disign too. this makes things personal and unique. ;)
Naw thanks :D
This pony is *me* so why not incorporate them, like. I may not really like those derp-teeth of mine, but still... they're there, sticking out on top of my lower lip at times (like cat teeth. xD one more cat thing), so yeah.
You should totally do that :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 04:49:36 AM »
Bee's colours are just because I like those colours ;) Her symbol is a bee, hence her name because I love bees but also my nickname is Sarah-Bee as my surname begins with B. The stars and music notes are because I love rock music and the hat is to represent Alice Cooper who's my all time favourite musician :lovey:

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 06:40:09 AM »
Apart from the name, my OC has completely changed a couple of times as I wasn't totally happy with her. I love her current colour scheme though as it incorporates all my favourite colours! I got inspiration as soon as I saw the Venezuelan Lickety-Split with two-tone hair.

I think the name Moonflower has subconsciously come from my favourite ponies; Posey, Moonstone and Moondancer.

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 07:54:54 AM »
I hummed and hawed about the design and name of my ponysona since before G4. I wanted to to reprent me but didn't want it to be something that had already been done. But when it's been, what, 23 years, every idea has more or less been used. When FIM came in and resparked my interesst in a big way, I finally just said "whatever" and just went with something that is kind of boring but basicly me with a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

I plan to get a clover tattoo on my shoulder some day, so the CM is two clovers. Just three leaves though. A big deal is made out of four leaf clovers because of their suposed luck and the shamrocks get a lot of love every St. Patrick's Day. The regular three leaf clover isn't as glamourous but that's okay. It's still green, vibrant and growing, popping up in gardens and on lawns (Lons? :D) everywhere. It's pretty resilient too and that's not a bad quality to have.

I went with the name "Clover Patch", which, unfortunately, happens to be the name of not one but two My Little Pony Tales characters back to back. *Face Palm* I remembered Clover but not Patch. Whatever. I have spots on my face but they are actually sun damage rather than freckles. Oh well. Freckles are awsome. The hair is my own and once you've added that much green, why not finish off with a green body too. I REALLY dig the green.Earth pony, not so much because I'm down to earth as because they other two seemed wrong for me.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »
I don't really have one lol except the username-specific boy in my avatar.  XD  I need to make him.  Otherise...it would probably be something that looked a bit like a little brother to Lightning.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal