collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tired of ugly FiM ponies? Especially boys?  (Read 18237 times)

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
Re: Tired of ugly FiM flowers? Especially boys?
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2012, 03:48:43 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's a pink (firefly coloured?) boy for you, amenoo :)

I totally agree with you Pink Rosedust and Megan's cousin, I'm happy to see all kinds of different pony shapes and faces but the style of his just didn't look right for a little girl's show. :/

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2012, 05:19:18 AM »
Also, what bothers me most about the male flowers is their limited colors. Last episode had some good designs but next episode there will again be a new male character they just slap brown on. And muliticolored manes....there are far too little flowers with muliticolored manes.

This so much! Really why can't the boys have pastelly coats? Because that's girly? The show wants to break stereotypes but I've yet to see a pink boy fart in FiM :/ I almost screamed out of happiness when I saw a purple one with white mane in the perfect stallion song
A pink one, who sort of looked like he was based on Firefly popped up in Hurricane Fluttershy but I doubt he'll pop up again.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »
Oh I've must have missed him. Still one against 300 brown/grey/navy ones are a bit :/

Adoptable made by me

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
Re: Tired of ugly FiM ponies? Especially boys?
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2012, 07:32:57 PM »
Finally someponies agree with me.

tafaj

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2012, 02:47:35 AM »
I don't mind diversity, but the fact that the stars are all gorgeous ponies with no flaws, and there are other ponies who are less beautiful kinda stinks.  I understand wanting to make the main cast beautiful so the show attracts an audience, but then place it in a magic, perfect world where everyone is beautiful.  MLP is fantasy, so you may as well keep it that way. 

It also bothers me that the only time a pony is drawn ugly is if they are meant to be laughed at or criticized or otherwise disliked.  The only semi-exception is Granny Smith, because nobody has done anything rude to her yet.  I just wish they would make her less senile, my great grandma was sharp as a tack well into her 90's, granny smith can be the same.  The bad examples I can think of off the top of my head are the body-builder white peg, the grumpy donkey (doodle?). the two young male unicorns who woke up the ursa minor, Ditzy :muffin: Pony.

I really could have enjoyed the tornado episode just as much without the white peg's input.

Also, a random thought:  Until the white peg with the tiny wings spoke, I was kinda reminded of the Looney Tune's horse who was simply stylized.  I wouldn't mind if he looked like he does, if he wasn't so stupid.
http://bowmansinbavaria.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/whats-opera-doc-664931l-imagine.jpg?w=333&h=250

AJ

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2012, 03:58:40 AM »
The only semi-exception is Granny Smith, because nobody has done anything rude to her yet.  I just wish they would make her less senile, my great grandma was sharp as a tack well into her 90's, granny smith can be the same.

Sorry but your grandma =/= every old person ever.

Some old people are senile, that's a fact of life. Making her "perfect" will only further enforce the "everypony must be X way to be perfect!" the bronies threw fits about when :muffin: Pony was changed (not that I agree with their tantrums or that mentality, but it would cause further backlash and whining). I've never even seen a complaint about Granny Smith before, so I'm rather stunned. There have also been less/not at all senile senior ponies.

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 12:23:01 PM »
Also, a random thought:  Until the white peg with the tiny wings spoke, I was kinda reminded of the Looney Tune's horse who was simply stylized.

When classic Looney Tunes came to an end, the white horse needed work. Eventually, he landed a minor role on MLP:FiM, hoping it would respark his career, even though the years haven't been especially kind to his figure.

I want this to be true. It's my headcanon now. :D
Don't look for me!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2012, 02:13:50 PM »
I like the different types of ponies. I just wish they would make some toys out of them! :P
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »
I like the different types of ponies. I just wish they would make some toys out of them! :P

Yessssssss! Please~! I would love to have some of the more different ponies as brushables. I've been secretly wishing for a Granny Smith and I have to say, if they came out with that muscle boy pony or Apple Bloom's friend (sorry, bad fan, I forgot her name momentarily...:/ But the cute one with glasses! Twist, maybe?) I would jump up and down IRL. ^ ^ I'm already so over the moon that Hasbro is actually releasing Zecora later this year. I love her in the show.

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »
I wish they'd make toys out of the various non-clone ponies...

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »
Mystagic--LOL  I like the look of that pink dude for some reason...and I am not a fan of pink lol

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal