collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tired of ugly FiM ponies? Especially boys?  (Read 18396 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tired of ugly FiM ponies? Especially boys?
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 11:20:54 AM »
I liked the white pony from Hurricane Fluttershy. He was hilarious. I don't mind if they break the mold on the character design every once in a while. There have been a couple that I didn't particularly like because I felt bordered on even being recognizable as ponies but there have been a few I did like as well so it's not really a big deal to me.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 11:24:04 AM »
I love diversity, even in pony shapes.  It's one of my favorite things about FiM.  There's non-skinny girl ponies and all shapes of male ponies - like the real world.

Yes!  Variety is what makes characters appealing and interesting. :)

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »
I agree that I'd like to see some more colors on the boys - but I don't mind them trying to make ponies look different (although I really don't like the way Snips and Snails look - I think it's because their faces look a bit too human).

At any rate, overall it doesn't bother me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 12:45:42 PM »
Haha yeah...some of them are okay, but some of them just bug me. Like Snips and Snails. Snips especially...those eyebrows...And I think Fleur...she was that white unicorn that was taller and skinnier, like Luna, right? That bugs me too because I feel like Luna and Celestia are special and should be the only ones that look that way...but whatever.

I haven't seen the new episode yet so I've yet to see the white beefy peg everyone has mentioned. =P

The diversity can be fun but eh...I like pretty ponies. Ponies are not people. Just because I find it weird to see ugly/strange looking ponies doesn't mean I think it's weird that people all look different...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »
I love the diversity! Plus it makes me feel like the developers aren't being lazy just by using the exact same few molds every single minute of every single episode. :p

I agree about Snips and Snails look, though. They do look too human and it's kinda creepy tbh lol. It is also what bugs me about camera-facing shots of the other ponies--they start to look like multi-colored humans and not animals.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 01:04:13 PM »
There was stuff I didn't like in the G1 cartoon but I think the difference is none of us had access to make public posts about what we found annoying.

So I don't know if we're all blessed to have the ability to post and communicate anything about the cartoon or if it's a curse that can bite you because every little opinion you have can get picked apart and over examined from every angle possible.

I thought the white muscle pony was cheesy and drawn badly on purpose to make us giggle. He was exceptionally random and for me he's just an bit of comedy which doesn't bother me very much because I'm not 100% tied into being obsessed with the cartoon.

It doesn't change My Little Pony for me. There was some cheesy stuff in G1. Maybe not in how they do it in G4 but since I was into ponies before I ever saw the G1 cartoon it really didn't matter what they put in the cartoon.

The cartoons have always been like an accessory for me because I was a collector first. Consider it an outfit for your ponies. You can either dress your ponies in the characters created by the animation and Hasbro team or you can use your own imagination and create your own idea of what your ponies and ponyland are like.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 01:12:53 PM »
I don't find them ugly, just silly.
Honestly, I was getting tired of all the cookie-cutter back ground ponies. I'm glad they're throwing in some different and unique body shapes.
this!

and i especially love that really muscular pony from "hurricane Fluttershy", he was actually pretty funny!
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Flickerswift

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »
I like that the creators are adding more diverse ponies into the mix. However, I'm not surprised its taken so long. Do you guys have any idea how hard it is to make a new body type, create all those new little parts, and make them work together right in an animation sequence? Never, ever, ever call an animator lazy until you've made some complex animations yourself. The fact that they're starting to make the ponies more different is a blessing. Especially in the program they're using. It's very tedious work. Just saying, guys.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »
The only ugly pony I've ever seen is the nerdy pony from Putting Your Hoof Down that Rarity flirted with. And I've seen every episode about 5 times each.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

TooManyBunnies

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
Personally, I didn't like the design of the muscle-pony (I thought he looked like a rageface!), but I don't think that necessarily means he didn't belong. You don't have to like everything, always. And I adore Snails but can't stand Snips, so make of that what you will.

And I completely agree that male ponies need a wider range of colors! It saddens me that, in a show where gender stereotypes are so gleefully discarded for the girls, the boys are stuck in the same old dull brown-black-white-navy palette. I see enough of that already when I go to buy shirts! Real stallions, I say, wear pink.                                                                                                                     

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »
I like it :) shows the versability of ponies ^__^
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »
I'll tell you what I find ugly in the new TV series...the adult boy ponies! I hate how they all have blocky heads. They're blockheads! XD Blocks are awesome in Minecraft. In MLP? Nooooot so much.

I don't even want to collect the boy ponies this generation, with their sharp rectangular muzzles and jaws, and weird droopy eyes that often look like they're melting off the face (heh, Celestia suffers from eye-melt too). And I echo some other people's complaints about how there's not enough colour diversity in the boys as well.
Don't look for me!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »
And I completely agree that male ponies need a wider range of colors! It saddens me that, in a show where gender stereotypes are so gleefully discarded for the girls, the boys are stuck in the same old dull brown-black-white-navy palette. I see enough of that already when I go to buy shirts! Real stallions, I say, wear pink.

I totally agree! I really liked that the male "Firefly" was pink, more than the fact that he looked like Firefly.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »
I like them all!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

I totally agree! I really liked that the male "Firefly" was pink, more than the fact that he looked like Firefly.

Alot of the females have been turned male, like meadow song and lickity split.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal