collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with removing feedback on eBay  (Read 944 times)

Offline KaibaGirl007

• Blue Eyes pony
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • Depends Pony
  • Screw the rules, I have ponies!
    • View Profile
Help with removing feedback on eBay
« on: March 26, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
Recently I've been left feedback from a seller who has left negative comments with a positive rating. It's the first time I've ever had this happen to me in nearly the decade I've been using the site so I'm a little unsure if I'm doing the right things in order to get it removed  :blush:  Could someone please tell me if what I've done is correct?

First off I've contacted the seller directly to ask them to remove it. (I'm not holding me breathe on that one)

Secondly I searched through eBay to find a link for reporting such a thing and completed the required fields. (item number, seller ID, reason for wanting it withdrawn and commented in the box why)

Then I received the following message from eBay:
Thank you for your email. In order to assist you as quickly as possible, we are providing you with an automated response with information about feedback abuse, how to report a member and how to appeal a suspension.[/size]1) What is feedback abuse
2) How to report a member for breaching this policy
3) Appealing a feedback abuse suspension
1) What is feedback abuse
Feedback Abuse is when the text of a Feedback comment breaches our policies.  Feedback comments containing any of the following are not permitted:
Links or scripts.
References to eBay or PayPal investigations
Negative statements that conflict with a positive rating
Personally identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or e-mail address
Political, religious or social commentary rather than a genuine comment about the transaction
The comment, reply or follow-up references a completely separate transaction or unrelated experience
Profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language or adult material
For more information on our feedback abuse policy please copy and paste the link below into a new browser:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/inappropriate-feedback-comments.html
2) I want to report a member for breaching the feedback abuse policy
We take reports of members breaching our feedback abuse policy very serious so we appreciate your time and effort in bringing this to our attention, rest assured if the member is in breach of our policy we will take appropriate action. Actions can lead to anywhere from an informational alert to an indefinite suspension of their eBay account.
To report a member for breaching our feedback abuse policy please copy and paste this link into a new browser and click on "report it to us":
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/inappropriate-feedback-comments.html
3) Appealing a feedback abuse suspension
In order to have your account reviewed you will need to reply to this email.
We hope this has explained our feedback abuse policy and answered any questions you might have had. If there's anything else we can help with, simply reply to this email.

[/size]

This links me right back to the page I used to report it in the first place but is asking me to fill it out again? Did I do something wrong the first time or is this normal procedure?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I feel so lost with all this :yikes:
FOR SALE! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On holiday between 18th to 26th April; unable to reply to messages during that time

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Help with removing feedback on eBay
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:48:33 PM »
hm, that does seem weird. Couldn't hurt to just fill it out again, I suppose.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »
I am guessing that since it was automated it was just to make you aware of what could be reported.  I don't necessarily think they wanted you to fill it out again.  But like NoD said it wouldn't hurt to do it again just to be sure.

The thing is ebay of all things takes a false positive seriously.  They will remove it!  And judging by what you said it was def. a negative left under a postive.  Which is not allowed.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »
It sounds like you filled it out correctly, so I guess they sent you that message so that you could be clear about what is counted as feedback abuse. The situation you mentioned is definitely feedback abuse- and ebay will remove the false positive for you :)  You possibly didnt need t fill out the form again, but like the others said, it wont hurt to fill it out again just incase  :relaxed:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline KaibaGirl007

• Blue Eyes pony
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • Depends Pony
  • Screw the rules, I have ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 01:29:12 AM »
Thanks for the advice :) I filled it out again just to be double sure and ended up with another copy of that message in my inbox. I hoped it's worked. I really wasn't expecting this at all as the seller was reasonable to work with and then just flipped.
FOR SALE! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On holiday between 18th to 26th April; unable to reply to messages during that time

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal