collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canada Post  (Read 743 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Canada Post
« on: March 25, 2012, 07:01:04 PM »
On the 16th, I purchased a Tangkou doll (from their website). On the 20th, I got a email saying she'd be sent through Canada Post, blah blah blah. Pretty generic shipping email. It contains a tracking number, and I've checked multiple times a day since I got the email (according to Gmail its been 6 days since I got it even though its the 25th o.O). There has been absolutely no change, and it doesn't even look like it was shipped.

The tracking info says:
2012/3/20 --- 13:08 --- Order information received by Canada Post

I tried putting the number into the other thingys on the site ("By Delivery Notice Card Number" and "By Reference Number") and they do not work, so its definitely being put in the right place unless I'm missing something.

Now I realize tracking info is rarely actually updated every single day even if it says it will (at least, that's been my experience). But I at least know when to expect the items, and they can also fit in the mailbox so I don't have to worry about them. However with her, I have to worry. I don't know if she can fit in the package mail boxes and what they do if packages don't fit in them, but if she comes via UPS/FedEx/etc she will be left outside and the drivers here run back to their truck immediately after ringing the doorbell once and dumping the package in front of the door.

This always concerns me, but she's expensive. It just won't be sentimental loss of a $5 pony, but the loss of a $67 doll if she gets stolen or damaged. We live in an apartment complex and the delivery people don't even try to hide the packages. Like they could literally move it 1 or 2 feet so its behind the stairs and hard to see, but they don't. They don't even put the welcome mats over them. And there are VERY violent and destructive kids that live nearby. They're destroyed our property before. So I need to have an idea of when things that may be dropped off at the door will arrive, at the very least.

But like I said, I don't even know if she's been shipped. I've never dealt with this company before, or with Canada Post (as far as I know, I've never gotten tracking numbers/shipping emails for them). Should I try messaging Tangkou's customer service? Is this usual for Canada Post's tracking?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Canada Post
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 07:12:51 PM »
Sounds like they are shipping out numerous packages at once so they are providing shipping info to Canada Post prior to actual sending of the item.  You probably need to call this Tangkou place and inquire about your order.  When an item's tracking number has been scanned and assigned, your tracking info will say, "Item received by Canada Post" or "Processed at postal facility".    I bet they send out updates on shipping throughout the week but only have certain days that shipments are mailed. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:28:59 PM »
Yeah that's what I figured, since that's the type of message that pops up with the USPS tracking.

I just sent an email through the site's contact page, so hopefully I get a response soon.

Offline RainbowWindy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+315)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »
Do you know which shipping method was used? 'Cause if you paid for Small Packet through Paypal and they printed the shipping label through Paypal, they give you a tracking number but it's useless. There is no barcode associated with it so it'll never get scanned. Why they do that, I don't know.  >_<
However, if it is Expedited or some other shipping method, then yes, they might have printed the label but not dropped it off yet or else it got missed and will be scanned hopefully somewhere along the way.
EBay Sales ~~

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:30:22 PM »
The type listed in the email is "USA Surface Small Packets". That's incredibly aggravating. XP Hopefully I get a response from the company soon so I at least have a faint idea about when to possibly expect it.

And then I just have to not leave the house until it arrives >.<

Offline RainbowWindy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+315)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 10:39:05 PM »
Well, I can say that Small Packet surface usually takes 2 weeks to arrive so I would expect it to arrive in the first week of April if things go like they should and it doesn't get held up in customs.
EBay Sales ~~

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 11:23:51 PM »
Thanks. :)

Hopefully I can get an exact shipping date from the company so I know around when I start refusing to go out, lol.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
LOL lets hope that package arrives pretty fast then if you arent gonna go out until it does :lol:
Contacting the company you bought the doll from is a good idea - at least then you will know when she was shipped, even though there  probably wont be tracking with small packets

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
I got a response but eh, they weren't very helpful. Very nice though. They said she was shipped last week.

I really wish there was somewhere on their site that mentioned the shipping I chose has no tracking. Or actually which options have tracking would be better. XP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal