collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: boo Post Office, and awesome ebay seller tuhobbytoys! :)  (Read 951 times)

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
boo Post Office, and awesome ebay seller tuhobbytoys! :)
« on: March 13, 2012, 11:42:37 PM »
Just have to share this story:  I took a chance on buying an Argie from a new seller with 0 feedback, tuhobbytoys.  Shipping was pretty high($20 USD), but it was for registered, signature required shipping.  The purchase was 3 weeks ago, and the seller shipped right away, even sent me an email to let me know, in case I missed the ebay update. 
The customs tracking number worked until the pony got here to the US, but when it hit NY on 2/29, the tracking stopped working.  I got an email from the seller on the 5th, saying my pony should be at my post office, and so I went to see if I had a package.  They had 2 for me, but neither one was the one from Argentina.  I asked if they were sure there weren't any more, and they said they were certain, so I thought the seller, being new, had probably mixed up buyers or something.  The seller messaged me again yesterday, though, repeating the pony should be at my post office.

Since they were *certain* the pony was here, I went and asked again.  I was told there were no packages for me, but when I told them the seller's tracking info said it *was* here, the man (grudgingly) went to check another cabinet...and there it was!  Since it had to be signed for, it wasn't kept with the general waiting for pick up packages.   When they gave me the other boxes on the 5th, they didn't see there should have been 1 more, I guess...and if I hadn't picked it up by the end of the month, it would have been returned.

Thanks to a new seller for being great, and going the extra step to make sure I got my package! :D
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: boo Post Office, and awesome ebay seller tuhobbytoys! :)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:31:43 AM »
yay!! thats great to hear of another good seller!! they handled it really well especially for a newbie too!! :bigups: :cheer:  :accomplished:
this is for your stooopid PO though :  :throw:  :throw:  :throw:    sometimes they are too lazy to check properly!

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:36:18 AM »
Yeah!  Here's to a good seller  :beerchug:

I agree with Ringlets for a noob they handled it very professionally.

As for the PO, well I would rather not comment on that.  I might be here all day. :P
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:16:39 AM »
Cool to hear a new seller handles it so well!! :cheer:
Im glad you got your pony! :D

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:27 AM »
My post office once lost a parcel my mom sent to me, it took them months, but they did eventually find it on one of their shelves! During that time I had been in there countless times asking for it and picking up other mail. Talk about clueless.

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »
I'm sorry but with all the isues with the PO I swear paper sucks up their braincells and they're just mindless fools now :( its not a hard job but you have hundreds of people to rely on you. Some of them just don't take it seriously at all :( I noticed at my post office its full of people in 50's to 60's and they're just grumpy!!! One guy nearly bit my head off for asking about a package... them package hoarders Dx

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 07:34:28 AM »
I'm sorry but with all the isues with the PO I swear paper sucks up their braincells and they're just mindless fools now :( its not a hard job but you have hundreds of people to rely on you. Some of them just don't take it seriously at all :( I noticed at my post office its full of people in 50's to 60's and they're just grumpy!!! One guy nearly bit my head off for asking about a package... them package hoarders Dx

I agree. My first encounter with a local post office was amazing. I'll never forget how lines during Christmas time would be no big deal for those pros. I also remember how they knew me by name and always asked how my business was doing.

Then slowly they got replaced by new employees that were grouchy, lazy and did not care.

Want a really bad story? I went in to collect a package that was waiting for me at the post office. The lazy ass took two seconds to look and said it wasn't there. I said it had to be, plus, I was moving ACROSS COUNTRY and needed to get this package.

He took an actual look and found it in a couple seconds.

He needed my drivers license during the whole process.

So I leave with my package but the A-hole never gave me back my license! I was already in another state when I realized. I got pulled over by a cop who felt sorry for me and couldn't believe that a postal worker had forgotten to give it back to me.

America's best...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal