collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sailor Moon Adventure Dolls, how much are they worth?  (Read 9930 times)

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Sailor Moon Adventure Dolls, how much are they worth?
« on: March 24, 2012, 03:26:52 AM »
My friend's been cleaning out her old toys and stuff, and she has uncovered some old Sailor Moon dolls. She checked them on eBay and saw some selling for quite a lot but I offered to ask on here for her to try and find out what they're really worth.

The dolls she has are called Sailor Moon Adventure Dolls and look like this (to the best of my recollection, I can ask her to take a pic if you'd like)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(not my pic)

She has Queen Beryl, Sailor Mercury and Sailor Moon, I'm pretty sure they're unopened, they were in their boxes when I saw them, and look to be in good condition.

So does anyone know how much they're worth?

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sailor Moon Adventure Dolls, how much are they worth?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 05:16:14 AM »
Nope but now I wish I had some =0

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 05:20:07 AM »
Oh dear, I had Mercury when I was little. I wonder what I did with her. DX

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:33:11 AM »
It really alldepends on what year they were made. The ones from around 2000 are worth a lot more than the ones from 97' I believe it was. The ones from 97' i've not see them go for much but they can. Queen beryl is prob worth more then the others and could prob fetch around 50 or so.

Just to let you know what they can go for.  I sold my whole collection a couple of years ago for 275. And the sailor moon dolls seem to go up in value.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 08:00:40 AM »
Unfortunately, the prices on these girls seems to have dropped recently. I've been seeing them selling individually on ebay for the past few months in the $4-$10 range apiece, even MIB, when only last year they were going for much higher (sometimes $20-$30 each). It seems like everything Sailor Moon went into a temporary high-demand once Italy re-released the cartoon last year, but everything has slowly been going down in value since.

I'd suggest that your friend hold onto them until the market picks back up if they can. Sailor Moon merchandise has a tendency to wax and wane and even some of the typically rarer/sought after dolls aren't selling at their best at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:08:12 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »
On a off topic, but still a SM topic, is there a website where I can watch all of the shows? My daughter never got to see SM because she was a baby, but I think she'd really like them. I saw a DVD set once, but I just don't have the money to buy a collection like that.

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 12:07:47 AM »
I'm not sure what year they're from, probably 2000 as she would have been too young to have seen/cared about Sailor Moon in '97.
Thanks for the advice guys :D

Psivampyr, I know you can watch some of the episodes on YouTube, but I'm not sure if all of them would be there :)

Offline fireextinquisher

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://fireextinquisher.tumblr.com
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 04:10:30 AM »
I saw a whole bunch of them in a lot on eBay and it only went for £25 I'm afraid.

Thanks to sabathamk and monstarnomnom (icon)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 10:43:11 AM »
They aren't going for much at all right now sadly. I was hoping with the comic re-release they would. I'd say MIB 5-10 each mabye 10-15 for beryl?
~Foxtale~

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 10:01:46 AM »
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 01:24:18 PM »
Wait, really? They've gone down in price? I actually had to stop searching Sailor Moon on ebay because I knew I could never really afford anything. Now I just have to look for Sailor Venus stuff on ebay to see if I can finally afford a MIB doll of her. She was always my favorite.

Off I go to look!

EDIT:

Okay I can officially make a statement as to why the old stuff as dropped price. The new merch for Italy is AMAZING. It's a shame they didn't make it world wide! I wonder if their still in stores somewhere and if someone in Italy could do a pick up for a little something extra + shipping for us Sailor Moon fans. Would be nice lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:27:08 PM by karrie91 »

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

ochibawolf

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
As everyone has said, those dolls are not worth much, and honestly, probably won't ever be. The reason is the faces are a bit off. Irwin finally realized this and later produced the "pretty faced" SM dolls.

I don't see them going up past $15 for each, sadly.

I'm a huge SM toy collector - www.ochibawolf.tumblr.com
Also, the owner of that website www.sailormooncollectibles.com is a great friend and frequent buyer of mine :)

CrimsonEtClover

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »
Some stuff if worth a lot more than I thought! I picked this up at the flea market recently (not my auction) just cause it's gorgeous! But now, I'm thinking of selling it. Also, the other american toys, like the locket and wand (you know, people-sized?) They are going for like 60-90$ as well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sailor-Moon-Stick-Cutie-Moon-Rod-used-Wand-Specter-1993-Japan-RARE-/290698231346?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43aef6fe32

ochibawolf

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »
Some stuff if worth a lot more than I thought! I picked this up at the flea market recently (not my auction) just cause it's gorgeous! But now, I'm thinking of selling it. Also, the other american toys, like the locket and wand (you know, people-sized?) They are going for like 60-90$ as well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sailor-Moon-Stick-Cutie-Moon-Rod-used-Wand-Specter-1993-Japan-RARE-/290698231346?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43aef6fe32

That auction you linked to is that actual Japanese version of the Cutie moon rod. It's the most sought after. It's also the only one with gold buttons. The rest(chinese, NA, Italian) have pink/red buttons.

But yes, you are correct. Sailor Moon RP toys have dramatically risen due to the manga, GEanimation merch, and other countries gaining rights to the anime again. And not to mention it's Sailor Moon's 20th anniversary. :)

SuniMoon

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 02:06:17 PM »
They drop, and they fluctuate, and... yeah.
I've been trying to sell a Queen Beryl for awhile, and no luck.

Like it was said before... Their faces are kinda eh, their proportions are wonky... They're scary dolls.

But maybe they MIGHT be worth something at some point, becaaaause nobody wants them now. They may become scarce. But who really knows.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal