collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP news article / biggest fan - SarahBee!!!  (Read 7898 times)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: MLP news
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 10:16:05 AM »

Just for reference for anyone who gets interviewed in the future...anything you say to or around a reporter can end up published anywhere (I am a journalist myself so I can speak to that)...and you don't usually get to see it before it runs. The good reporters will give you a call to check facts or quotes but won't send the whole thing before publication, as that's something reporters are trained not to do and usually companies won't allow them to do so (it was even in my contract at one job that I couldn't do that). They should let you know when it will run, though. If they get anything wrong you can ask for a correction too. :)

(PS- Just to make clear so I don't make anyone nervous, I'm just a collector who is a reporter, I'm not here trolling for stories or anything. I started collecting long before I started work professionally. XD )

Good point. Thanks! Similar to feathers in a pillow. Once they're out there, they're out there! They're hard to get all back in the pillow.

I think congrats are in order to Sarah-Bee! I liked the article and the pictures are great! (I saw some white Celestias....) I wish we had a enough room for me to display our ponies!

The Daily Mail always has some haters and negativity in the comments but coupled with the article, they usually give me a few laughs.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:19:12 AM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
Can I sleep over? :P
And I have learned over the years that people who make crappy comments are usually just jealous!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 10:26:16 AM »
Let's flood the article with positive comments! Weeeeee!!!!!^_^

^This!!!

@Sarah-Bee...congrats!!!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Tally Mark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »
Your collection is awesome, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! If it makes you feel any better, ponies aren't the only thing I collect, and I'm part of an entirely different set of collectors forums...I'm a biologist, and I have a cabinet filled with animal skulls.  You wanna talk about mean comments? Try being a girl with a wall of dead things. ;) (...who also has a wall of pony. the combo goes over REALLY well, Lol!).

Haters gonna hate, no matter what you do. Its important to you and thats all that matters. :)

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »
Haters gonna hate.

That article is awesome and your collection is awesome and you are awesome and you know that! Who cares about people who have no idea? Not me^^

:hug:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »
Beautiful! I wonder, are you a member here?
That's Sarah-Bee!!!!  Oh my goodness girl, you're famous:)  You make us all look good, and I couldn't be any happier to see such a lovely face put to such a beautiful pony collection. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
Thank you guys :)

It's also on the Sun now as well *headdesk*/yey :/ mixed feelings alert! http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4212065/Woman-29-is-obsessed-with-My-Little-Pony.html

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
"Sarah has even persuaded her long-suffering partner Joe, 27, to buy her ponies for their anniversaries, although he wasn't originally as understanding."
Twisting the words or what?

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 11:42:10 AM »
zzzova, yep, just a bit!!!

I've heard from Natasha (the journalist who contacted me) and she has apologised for crossed wires about some of this and the online thing. She said it shouldn't go anywhere else online which is good! She said it may be in actual papers tomorrow which is fine cos even if they get it wrong (like the comment above!) then at least I don't have to read a hundred crappy comments! *sigh* What HAVE I got myself into this time?! Should be my motto ;)

Anyhoo, there's talk of a magazine being interested which I would get to proof read before anything was published (I think that's where wires were crossed, cos I knew I'd be able to see magazine stuff before it was published so when she mentioned newspapers I didn't think that would be any different) so maybe we can get this back to what it was supposed to be to start with; a nice fun thing (and, um, ACCURATE :P lol)

Offline applejackSA

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 11:50:16 AM »
I wouldn't be upset at all Sarah-Bee. It even got passed on to me in a Facebook group - one of my radio presenter friends in South Africa found it and made a comparison to my collection! Which I think is frikken awesome. I'm quite envious actually! Hope it brings you fame and fortune :) xxx
Actively seeking the Brown or Peach My Pretty Pony, Moondancer Clock, G1 Money Banks, Applejack Puffy Sticker, Li'l Cupcake, Waterfall Playset, G1 Plush, Petites and Dream Beauties

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:23 PM »
Most of the comments on the Daily Mail article are rather nice!! Especially the one pointing out that people spend well over 20k on alcohol and nobody blinks an eye.  As for The Sun... I'm sure you know because you're from  the UK (You're from Barnsley? I used to live in Wombwell!) that a lot of British tabloids are notorious for twisting stories... don't worry about it.

You've got a great collection!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 12:05:15 PM »

Hope it brings you fame and fortune :) xxx

Think of all the ponies that could buy ;) hahaha! It looks to be back on track so I'm ok now and going to enjoy it for what it should have been all along :D

And may I say, you guys are EPIC and I love you to bits. I've needed you a few times lately and you've been there for me and so kind :D :grouphug:

Post Merge: March 22, 2012, 12:07:29 PM

toralei, ha cool! one of my best friends lives there :D

I saw some really nice comments too, and my thanks go out to those people, and the ones who said funny stuff like "you wouldn't want to get drunk in that room" :lmao: thing is.... I have ;) haha! And when friends stay over it's usually after a night out LOL
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:07:29 PM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 12:18:06 PM »
That is so awesome! My collection is taking over my house slowly. I hope to have such a lovely pony room someday. My Boyfriend and family are supportive as well. I thought the article was really cool.  :)

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 12:36:42 PM »
Urm, yep,just came to post :P lol

Tis me....

Only thing is, it's sort of mixed feelings for me about it. Remember the post here with someone called Natasha asking for people to be interviewed for a magazine? Well I ended up doing it and it was such fun getting ready for it, taking pics, and talking ponies with the journalist. But I didn't even know it was published! Something she said gave me the impression I'd get to give the ok or not when it went out and who to. Maybe I should have asked more questions? Maybe I don't know about these things so she should have prepared me?

Anyways, long story short, me in my niavity thought "newspaper" not online article! I don't care what people think about me AT.ALL. but things people say are a bit different, y'know? And there are some HARSH comments on there from some complete douchebags and I've just been sat crying at work for the last hour! I wasn't expecting the internet and I'm not ok with it....

I know you guys will appreciate it though and that's what matters, what you guys here think of it and my friends and family, not those idiots on the comments. So, enjoy, and I will forget those people and just think about the good part of it eh?

(can I have a hug please??)

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS HUGS HUGS Don't be sad I think it's a very nice portrayal, don't listen to a few people with no lives that have time to spend writing insensitive crap, they would do it to anyone regardless

Post Merge: March 22, 2012, 12:40:27 PM

Woah that Sun article is rubbish!! Oh well, we all know what to expect from the Sun!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:40:27 PM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 12:40:58 PM »
They called you "Wacky" for liking ponies?! And called your hubby "long-suffering"... I really dislike how they worded it. There's nothing wrong with ponies and I'm sure there's a ton of people on this very forum who have collections like yours. My collection will eventually get to that size some day, I imagine, but my boyfriend honestly doesn't seem to mind them! Your collection is absolutely wonderful and I don't think you should pay attention to what the "haters" say. Stay proud of those little ponies!! :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal