collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: photo shop question please help  (Read 857 times)

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
photo shop question please help
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »

I downloaded a trial of Adobe Photoshop

I need to rotate my symbol. I can't figure out why it isn't working.. I lasso the symbol, and hit the rotate object but when I mouse over it is a circle with a line.. so I hit ctrl+t and then try the rotate object but it still won't let me..

Is it cause I'm in a trial version?? Is GIMP easier to use.. What else for free could I use to solve my rotation needs?  maybe I should just tilt my head when I draw..

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
Re: photo shop question please help
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:16:08 PM »
When I need to rotate an object I make sure the object is on it's own layer in Photoshop.  If it is on it's own layer, you shouldn't need the lasso, highlighting it with a square should do.  Right click, choose transform.  Then, and I can't remember because I don't have photoshop on this computer, buuuut... hold either ctrl or shift and you should be able to rotate it that way.  When you have it how you want, just hit enter.  You should be good to go!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 03:12:57 PM »
It sounds like you're trying to edit a locked image. If the image doesn't have multiple layers and is just a picture that you opened in photoshop, that picture is made into a default backgound layer which is permanently locked and cannot be edited. To be able to edit it, you have to go to the layer pallet and drag the layer down onto the symbol that looks like a piece of paper with a folded corner (new layer). This will create a duplicate layer on top of the background one that CAN be edited.

If you're using a .psd file with multiple layers and your symbol is on its own layer, make sure you have that layer selected and that it's not locked or hidden before you try to edit it.

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 04:38:47 AM »
i usually make sure the object is on a seperate layer, too. that's the easiest way to handle things... like toki said!

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

Aednatia

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »
Finally got it. The little 'center' that I'm supposed to rotate around was way off and so the little arrows weren't popping up

Offline Lina

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 05:34:53 AM »
ah, i know what you're talking about...i've seen it before :silly: glad you were able to figure it out!

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to myself for my avi :P and SDS for sig! || Candy Gloss || Asteria
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal