collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mailing things from and around Australia.  (Read 2069 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mailing things from and around Australia.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »
Within Australia you can use the prepaid Satchels which have a fixed price.

http://auspost.com.au/personal/prepaid-parcel-post-satchels.html
wow those prices aren't so bad! I have some tiny teddies to get through the post and those seem more reasonable than a box. Thanks for everyones help :3

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mailing things from and around Australia.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 07:43:44 PM »
Is there any countries you guys recommend I don't ship too?

Hi! I've done a little ebay selling and postage prices are absolutely ludicrous! A friend years back (who is a postal courier) reported that Aust Post were charging more directly because of online shopping.

But as for countries to be careful of, I'd recommended Italy (due to their custom laws - can find them on Aust Post website I think) and South America. I'm not sure of Asian countries - I have purchased items from Hong Kong and everything arrived safely, but I'm not sure how it works in reverse...?

Again with Europe, I've had many items arrive from there, but only ever posted item with registered mail... which was costly for the buyer at the time.

Then you need to consider how trustworthy your buyers are - if they pay with Paypal (which who doesn't nowadays?) and you send items non-registered, they can claim the item never arrived, take out a paypal case and BAM! if you can't provide proof of postage, Paypal takes the buyers' side and basically accuse you of not sending the item and refund the buyer their money... Paypal works great for buyers... not so great for sellers (and as sellers on ebay we can't leave negative feedback for our buyers no matter how crappy they treat us OR don't pay - all you can do is give them a non-paying strike and get a credit for insertion/final valuation fees)

Just some advice from what I've learnt over the years... sorry if it's not what you're after.  :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal