collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Oz / NZ Easter swap Brag thread! PIC HEAVY!  (Read 11908 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Official Oz / NZ Easter swap Brag thread! PIC HEAVY!
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:46:42 PM »
Hi ponies!

I was the swap host, and lucky first off to recieve their swap parcel from the lovely megt19 and her two gorgeous daughters.

I just want to say, I loved every last part of this box, everything was amazing!

Here is what I recieved in the mail (covered up address with my purse) and showing off all the adorable artwork on the box too :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When I opened the box (and removed the mountain of packing penuts lol) this is what I saw - brightly coloured parcels in rainbows & all my favourite colours!

Jack my baby boy coming up to give me some help unpacking

All the loot out of the box

"I wonder what's in this one mum"

I LOVE this - it is a special piece of artwork that megt19's children painted for me, its a rainbow with colourful stars & a blue pony ^^ I nearly cried when I saw this, it is so adorable!

Colouring in & a note

Parcel #1 contained this gorgeous green scarf / sarong / wrap, whatever you wish to call it, unfortunately it doesn't photograph too well, it has lovely little beads on it and is embroidered with flowers, I love it, I have a heap of pretty scarves & stuff, and get alot of use out of them, so this will be put to good use too :D

Cutlery kit - complete with chopsticks - this will be perfect to toss in my school bag for tafe, I have a hard time eating certain things with a fork / spoon, like rice and stuff, so portable chopsitcks are awesome :D

This lovely little doll on a cupcake, this is so tiny & cute!

This is a puzzle that doubles as an eraser, I am thinking its too cute to actually use! lol

Body glitter! This would have come in handy last night after my bottle of wine, I had a drunken dance in the lounge room for an undisclosed amount of time (nobody else was home, so nobody got any permanent scars from it lol)

OMG! Unicorn beanie kid :D I actually have a little red "year of the dragon" one of these, they will be the cutest pair, and anyone's argument is invalid ^^

A gorgeous pink glittery pencil case with a heap of stationary in my favourite colours XD

Fingerpaints treat box - this looks interesting .....

I spy pineapple lumps ....

cream eggs, white buttons with a penguin on the packet, skittles, rainbow mentos and a big block of pineapple flavoured choccie! yum!

I am missing something though, where did it go - thats right ponies! L&P XD I LOVE this stuff (and it has already been consumed with half of the pineapple lumps)

Next package was a lovely minature buddah statue - I swear you stalked so well lol, I have a love of all things asian, and have alot of cute buddah's & other artifacts in my room & through our home, I think we literally have a buddah in every room including toilets & bathrooms lol.

Jack came back to help some more lol

This is awesome, its a little squishy, spikey ball that lights up when hit, Jack thought it tasted nice and started licking it, thank god he is not a chewer lol - too lazy to chew, and no, he will not be left alone with it ;)

Next parcel was these cute little smiley star stickers

This floored me - I had talked about how I had loaned this book to a friend, and they returned another book of the same author that I already had :/ I was pretty bummed because I actually had all her novels, and lent this one in good faith without even having finished it myself. I am a huge fan of this particular author, and was very emotional to have it back again :hug:

Princess-Sparkles sent this over as an extra to include in my swap parcel, another butt ugly fakie to add to my creepy heard :D

OMG Cupcake :D I LOVE this girl, and she is going to be my new "go everywhere" pony

I actually only thought I was recieving one pony, so this was a bit of a shock when I pulled out this blank girl! How cool is she?

Sticky notes - in the shape of STARS! How cool are these?

:D rainbow knee high socks! I am going to be wearing these puppies to tafe tomorrow!

And somehow I managed to save this one till last, I had no clue what it was, it did look pony shaped, but I didn't think it was as I had already recieved two ponies ......

OMG its FINGERPAINTS! *dies*
What an awesome box! And here are some shots of it all together

And lastly, my new star bracelet with my old green & pink one (I think they look like they are supposed to go together)

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Oz / NZ Easter swap Brag thread! PIC HEAVY!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:51:12 PM »
Wheeeee!  OMG!  I love the art, also I like how on the box it says "cupcake", "cat", "pony"... just in case you weren't sure. 

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:03:24 AM »
Wheeeee!  OMG!  I love the art, also I like how on the box it says "cupcake", "cat", "pony"... just in case you weren't sure. 

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

lol it's so cute isn't it?

I finished uploading them all :) just had some trouble with the computer seizing up from all the photos I think and didn't want to lose all that typing / copying & pasting

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:44:56 AM »
Wow, fingerpaints!  That must have been one huge box to fit all of that inside!  I really wanted to join this swap but funds sadly did not allow.  I can't wait to see what everyone else got :frolic:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:15 AM »
OMG getting excited.  Megt19 - what an awesome job you did!!! Soooo Neon!!! :D

Eeep!!!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 12:52:24 AM »
Wow!! Meg did so well. :) I feel proud because I helped a little, I know you'll look after the fakie. By the way, it's rumored that G4 Cupcake is HTF. There was only one left when I got it for Meg. ^^
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:06 AM »
Wow!! Meg did so well. :) I feel proud because I helped a little, I know you'll look after the fakie. By the way, it's rumored that G4 Cupcake is HTF. There was only one left when I got it for Meg. ^^
I love the fakie XD such a cutie! She does have an awesome home here ^^ and cupcake is adorable, now I wish I would have grabbed a few when I saw her all over the shelves here lol - reguardless, she is a gorgeous pony and will also be well loved ^^

OMG getting excited.  Megt19 - what an awesome job you did!!! Soooo Neon!!! :D

Eeep!!!
Didn't she ever? The box is so me all over lol.

Wow, fingerpaints!  That must have been one huge box to fit all of that inside!  I really wanted to join this swap but funds sadly did not allow.  I can't wait to see what everyone else got :frolic:

Thats a shame :( I generally try to host an easter swap once a year, so maybe next time? Would love to have had you on board :)

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:09 AM »
OMGESS!!! How adorable!! Im jealous :D I was thinking about nabbing me a child to come paint a blank pony or two for customs for my collection :) Children's art is always the cutest!

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 01:37:02 AM »
holycow fingerpaints that is a brilliant parcel - what a treasure trove of goodies!  whoop whoop.  :)

And I got my parcel this afternoon!!  *wiggle wiggle* ... more to come incl photos.  LOVING IT FOALPATROL!!

*dancing about the room* 
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 01:39:13 AM »
Can't wait to see it Endocat! *Waits patiently for brag piccies*

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 02:38:21 AM »
Wow, that's a pretty amazing box, and Fingerpaints is a beautiful pony!  I want her!  Meg did really well, everything is so pretty and that book was so thoughtful!  And that fakie is quite scary!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 02:39:20 AM »
holycow fingerpaints that is a brilliant parcel - what a treasure trove of goodies!  whoop whoop.  :)

And I got my parcel this afternoon!!  *wiggle wiggle* ... more to come incl photos.  LOVING IT FOALPATROL!!

*dancing about the room* 

I can't wait to see your brag! ^_^
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 04:19:00 AM »
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply!  Things have been hectic here!
I sat down with the kids earlier & went through the brag & I read everything out loud to them (I had to ad lib a bit about the wine etc lol)
Katelyn was so happy that you liked everything & were happy with the the things she had picked out.
Then she made my husband sit through all the photos & she explained every item to him LOL (to his credit he did seem interested...)

The items that Katelyn picked out herself were:
the star bracelet/necklace
the body glitter (I was a bit worried about that one since you had mentioned you were a bit of a tomboy so I wasn't sure you'd actually wear glitter LOL)
the cutlery set (she just picked it up in Woolies & said 'Fingerpaints will like this coz it's bright green!')
the pencil case,
the pink ball (OMG she stole it!!  We were in the chemist a few weeks ago & I really wasn't feeing too good, we had just been to the doctors & the kids were playing with a heap of stuff in a half price bin, Katelyn decided we needed to get the ball for you, basically because it was bright pink, and I said OK, they were running a muck around the store while we waited for our prescriptions & there were a million people in there & we ended up leaving without paying for the ball OMG, I didn't even realise until we got home, I felt so crappy that day that I didn't care to go back to the store to give them $3, and I had actually forgotten the whole incident until I saw your brag LOL)
And the socks, we went to one of those sock stalls in the plaza & I told her she could pick out any pair for you.

Obviously the book was my idea, and I picked out all the treats, I was able to get the NZ stuff from a local sweets import store, and as soon as I saw that penguin packet I knew I had to get it, no matter what it actually contained.
The skittles & mentos were just to add to the rainbow theme. 
That Cadbury Pineapple is my fave choc ever! (Not fond of the Lumps however).
The little doll on cupcake & Buddha were from another local store, they have millions of tiny tiny trinkets, so we went in there looking for anything unicorny/penguiny/rainbowy etc, but those are the 2 we came away with.

And yeah I already spoke in the swap thread about my disappointment in the condition of the Fingerpaints pony, but I'm glad you still love her anyway, that's the reason I decided to add another pony to the box..... then I couldn't find Cupcake anywhere!
Luckily Princess Sparkles was kind enough to help me out (& include that horrible looking yellow thing LOL....)
the blank pony was a last minute inclusion, I bought a few of them a while back & haven't done anything with them yet.
And as you are friends with me on FB you may know I have enough Beanie Kids to share with the whole world, so Katelyn picked out one she thought you'd like best.
Oh & the scarf is from Bali! I had a relative bring it back for me, bright green yay!

So glad you like everything - we had a great time putting it all together for you..... even with the petty theft incident :/

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 04:54:27 AM »
Lol - I might be a bit of a tomboy, but who doesn't wear glitter? Or I generally don't but find it awesome, and I am usually covered in glitter from handling it in some way, body glitter = win in my books hahaha.

I got a call from my brother tonight, im going to his place for pizza tomorrow night after they knock off work, and was telling him that my box had arrived and that it was amazing, and how everything was so me, and how your kids had helped put it together - his reply was "if she went and raided the kids room you would have been happy" lol, I never grew up according to my family, and he gets plushies and toys from me all the time, he loves it, just acts like he's too cool for toys :D

My god those rainbow socks are amazing! And I seriously thought you would have picked the pencil case & cutlery set out of all the bits and pieces.

That ball story, aww! I remember you were feeling ill a few weeks back, well, stolen property or not, its adorable and my kitty loves it (with supervision of course) I am so stunned with everything!

I told mum you got me that book too and she said it was such a lovely thought :D and the Bali scarf I am sure she will probably try to steal when she sees it - its so pretty!

I can't thank you enough :hug: give the girls a big hug for me (and hubby probably deserves one too after enduring a blow by blow of all the descriptions and reasons to every photograph)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 10:04:41 AM »
Super nice stuff...great!  So lucky!! I have fingerpaints and she is one of my favorites.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal