collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A question about baby Heart Throb  (Read 2385 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
A question about baby Heart Throb
« on: March 18, 2012, 01:41:11 PM »
I know that the USA put out the BBE heart throb baby.  I also know there was a baby heart throb that was non us and non bbe that had small pink hearts with no wings on the hearts for a symbol. Does anyone know what country that particular NBBE baby heart throb comes from?  I would say if memory serves me right the eyes on that baby heart throb are very typical of the ones seen on USA baby ponies.  I can't find any reference to this pony in my books but I know she exists. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.  Did the UK do a Heart Throb baby or is it Germany or Greek? I am so confused and I only have one book. I looked in the photos of Nirvana ponies and I can't find the one I am talking about.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A question about baby Heart Throb
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »
I thought the no wings on hearts one was the UK version? I could be wrong. I just watched with envy as one sold on ebay for 32 GBP!

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »
yep, thats the UK version :)
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »
I thought the no wings on hearts one was the UK version? I could be wrong. I just watched with envy as one sold on ebay for 32 GBP!

Oh wow how much is this baby worth really? Was that a good price? I don't know much about the prices on non USA ponies.  I want to save up for one and need to know how rare it is and how much I am looking at for this pony as well as the other country representations.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 01:58:33 PM »

I don't know if that's a good price or not - but I want one too!! She went for more than I was willing to part with anyway!!

Oh wow how much is this baby worth really? Was that a good price?

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 02:11:34 PM »
Yea someone told me I could probably expect to pay nearly 50 USA dollars  for one as they aren't seen often and I was hoping that wasn't the case...

ladybrooklyn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »
I think I was watching that same auction... :(

Baby Heart Throb is the last NBBE Baby I need... thankfully... she's not one that I'm DYING to have... because I can't spend that kind of $$ on her.

But DANG... she can go high... >.<

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 02:22:36 PM »
Oh boy okay I guess she is a more rare one thus the cost as she might be highly desired by Heart Throb collectors such as myself. This is one of my favorite ponies. I love Heart Throb and I wasn't really fond of the USA baby version, I do have her...but this one is so adorable. I can't imagine not owning one at some point. 
I did a completed auctions check and noticed that the German one went for over 70.00. Wow okay.  And this one you are talking about I guess in USA dollars sold for 49.00 and some change from the conversion chart. :shocked: I also saw one other one that sold for a bit lower but she had some issues maybe thats why.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:28:57 PM by tulagirl »

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 02:44:53 PM »
:lol: I had both Heart Throb... and BBE Baby Heart Throb too as a kid. :D Still have them... :good:

They were the ONLY Mommy & Baby pair I had as a kid. Tho I loved them... the BBE eyes always bugged me... :lol:

But yeah... One of these days... I'll find a NBBE baby to complete the "set". :D But I'm patient. The babies I was really after... were Gusty, Ribbon and Buttons. Found them! :lovey: So now I can sit back... and try to be patient... haha! Yeah right!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »
Your BBE looks so much nicer than mine. Mine has a molded eyelash thats missing..blaaaa I will have to replace her at some point.

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 03:00:45 PM »
:lol: I was pretty good to my ponies. :D Not many of them suffered too badly. Just poor Bowtie... she had her tail pulled out, and her mane given a buzz cut... :lol:

I can't bring myself to replace the childhood ones though. I have two Bowties now... But... I could never turn my old gal into a bait or anything. :D

Methinks you... need a Twinkle Eyed Heart Throb! Someone did a custom like that not too long ago... she was purdy! :D

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »
Yes, the one with no winged symbol is generally considered the UK version, the one with winged symbol is considered the German version.  I believe both were actually sold in multiple European countries, but the non-winged version is rarer.

There's also a non-winged symbolled version which was made in Spain who is a LOT harder to find and much more valuable.  The general releases were made in Hong Kong like most regular G1s.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 03:22:04 PM »
Thanks Lancer I didn't know about the Spain one. Oh good grief to get all these will cost a pretty penny for sure.  Thank you all so much for your comments. This is very helpful to me as I collect these.  Ladybrooklyn, my BBE was not a childhood pony. I bought her off of ebay and the seller said she was fine and perfect and when I got her she was not, but I bought her in a lot and wasn't willing to get rid of the rest just because she had a missing eyelid so I never asked for my money back. :huh:   I was not lucky enough to get to play with ponies because, I was too old for those types of toys when they came out.  I love them now though so much. I was very hard on my dolls and stuff and I still miss my doll house and to this day I can't find it, yet I know which one it was. Sigh...to replace old toys can be so tough.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:25:56 PM by tulagirl »

Offline Megans_Cousin

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 03:59:17 PM »
I have the German version with winged hearts. So, are we saying that one is worth less than the UK one?

My flickr (lots of dolls!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/35518851@N07/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal